Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 83 - Bad Side Of Town

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 83 - Bad Side Of Town

Chapter 83 - Bad Side Of Town
Ekyt heard the police sirens in a distant part of town. This side was dark, and abandoned except for the riff-raff. Suddenly- “Help! Police!” Two masked men ran out of the store, brandishing pipes and baseball bats. “Outta the way kid!” one yelled, swinging menacingly. Ekyt jumped backward, a smile on his face. “You guy’s don’t know who I am? What a relief! Now, be nice and give the money back to the nice owner…” “Forget it freak!” The pipe his Ekyt in the leg. At the word “freak,” his anger flared up. He shrugged off the blow from the pipe. He swung with his Kris’, cutting the pipe in half. The guy’s buddy swung for the fences with the bat. “Oops! Close!” Ekyt said, dodging backward. “Ohhhh, another miss, better hit the batting cages slugger!” Ekyt sheathed the blades and vaulted with his staff, knocking the bat away. He grabbed the man by the shirt and flung him into a garbage can. He kicked it down a hill, where it hit a telephone pole, trapping the man’s arms to his side. His friend turned tail and ran, dropping the money. Ekyt picked it up and handed it to the owner. No one knew who he was, and this side of town was just begging for attention. Perfect!

Ekyt picked out an empty shack that had barbed wire fencing around it and a huge padlock. He kicked the gate open and went inside. He found an old place, unused for years, and a- beer truck? It was a conversion van, converted (No pun intended) to be a beer truck. After Ekyt tossed out the tanks, he realized that this was a great opportunity. He could use another delivery truck and…no, this would be for him. Maybe he needed to get away for a while, where no disguise was necessary. On this side of town, there were enough criminals to keep him busy for a while, and he could be close by to keep an eye on Greg. With a grim nod, Ekyt took off his coat and got to work on cleaning out the van, which ran perfectly. He added a huge couch, bolted down, in the back, along with a weapons rack. It was starting to take shape. “If they won’t respect me, then they can fear me, I guess.”

The van was gray, with a black stripe around it, and a couple darker gray stripes around it. The windows were tinted, but Ekyt had them rolled down. He didn’t care. “Hey scuzzbucket! Stop right there!” he yelled out at another couple of bank robbers. How many of there guys were there? He swung himself out the door and hit the pavement, running after the two. He overtook them easily, holding them by their shirts. They were a couple of junior-high punks. He tossed a rope around both of them, tying them back-to-back and hung them from the outside of the bank. The police put them in the cars. Ekyt watched with a grim satisfaction as the reporters swarmed around, all jockeying for position to get a shot of the crooks. Safely concealed on a rooftop, he turned to face- himself?

“You again?! Get away from me!” The older him tried to grab him, but Ekyt danced out of range. “Look, how long are you going to fight us?” “As long as it takes.” Ekyt shot back. “What are you trying to prove?” “I’ve got nothing to prove, and I’m not really interested in one of your lectures. So save it. You can tell all my friends that I’m just over here visiting. Greg’s the only one who can find me now.” Ekyt jumped off the roof, swinging onto the top of the bank. With his swords, he cut the rope. The two punks fell into the hands of the police. Before any cameras could focus, Ekyt jumped off the top (A short hop), jumped into the back of the van, yanking off the license plate, and kicked it into gear, aiming for the other side of town.

“How’d it go?” Linda asked anxiously. Older Ekyt shook his head. “He’s not getting it. He’s too blinded emotionally. But…hey…on the news…I don’t remember doing that!” They all watched, noses to the screens at what Ekyt had just did. They were the only one’s who could pick him out. “I never did that! He must’ve split the timeline!” Older Ekyt exclaimed. “What’s that mean?” “There’s at least three time lines…The one I’m from, the one where I died, and now this one...” Linda shook her head. “It’s all my fault…But I just can’t do it! I can’t forget him smashing that emerald! My only way home.” “Maybe he destroyed it so we would all stay here…” Tails pointed out. “No.” Knuckles and Sonic had returned. “He’s not that selfish. Even if he couldn’t come with you, he wouldn’t have done that.” Knuckles answered. “He’s just blinded by anger.” Sonic said. “He’ll come around, but we’ve got to keep an eye on him.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment