Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 85 - "Maybe I'm Amazed"

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 85 - "Maybe I'm Amazed"

Chapter 85 - "Maybe I'm Amazed"
Ekyt kicked the door open and rolled out. He coughed from the smoke as his van hit the wall and burst into flames. “Crap!” Ekyt sliced open a fire hydrant and let the water take care of the problem. Then he remembered why he was in this predicament. Flash, Tiffany, Klein, Amy, Tails, Kurt, Sonic, Knuckles, Greg, Carla, Rouge, and Espio were all advancing toward him. His older self jumped off the building and landed in front of him. “We want to help.” He said quietly. “Get away from me. I used to think that you can’t trust anyone, now I’m SURE you can’t! You almost killed me, destroyed my van, and…that was my new home you just wrecked. I can’t even get upset about that. I’m too busy wondering how to deal with you…” “Whoa, you sound like a villain!” Sonic said, stepping forward. “Perhaps he is rodent!” Eggman’s hovercraft landed in front of Ekyt.

“Think about it. Women, Money, Cars, Fame, er, infamy. The vigilante who saw the error of his ways and helped build the Eggman Empire!” “I have no interest in any of that. The one woman who I thought was perfect for me…that didn’t work…cars…just got wrecked…infamy…already got it…money…don’t want stolen money. I’ve worked to stop you.” Ekyt said this so calmly that everyone was surprised when he slashed the hovercraft with his blades. Turning to Sonic, Ekyt said “This should tell you where my loyalties lie. Now, I’m going to go back to what I was doing before.” “Wait…look, I can’t convince you, but please, just talk to her!” Older Ekyt asked him, pointing at Linda.

Linda strode forward, staring him down. She was the one person who could still unlock his shyness. Not breaking eye contact, she forced him to sit down on a stoop with her. “I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to rip your heart out…I just…I know I’ll never get home without the emerald…I have no reason to go home anyway…”

Ekyt had lost his mask from the fight on the roof, so she could see his sad eyes. “In all the chaos, I forgot to give this to you. It could get all of you home. I’m sorry I didn’t think of it sooner.” He pulled out a box and tore it open. He handed her a glowing green cross on a gold and silver chain. “It’s a chaos gemstone cross. It can get you home if one of you can use chaos control. HEY! COME HERE, FAT STUFF!” Ekyt snarled the last part at Eggman. “Have everyone touch the chain and then use chaos control.”

They all grabbed part of the chain. “Hold on a second.” Linda stopped them. She ran over to Ekyt’s rapidly fading back. “You amaze me.” She told him. “Thanks.” He said, trying to sound “brave,” not that he knew what that was anymore. “I’ll never forget you.” Linda said, emotion creeping into her voice. “I won’t forget you either.” She kissed him on the cheek and got back to the group. “Chaos Control.” Tiffany said, somewhat somberly. A brilliant flash, and they disappeared.

Ekyt nodded. “That took guts.” His older self again. “At least I can have that time to think now. And she’ll be happy.” The older Ekyt vanished, looking slightly worried.

Ekyt leaned against the brick wall, as some song words ran through his head. “Amazed, huh?”


"Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney

Maybe I’m amazed at the way you love me all the time,
And maybe I’m afraid of the way I need you.

Maybe I’m amazed at the way you move me out of time,
You hung me on a line.

Maybe I’m amazed at the way I really need you.

Maybe I’m a man!
Maybe I’m a lonely man,
Who’s in the middle of something he doesn’t really understand.

Maybe I’m a man, and maybe you’re the only woman who can ever have me. Maybe, won’t you help me understand…

Maybe I’m amazed at the way you’re with me all the time
And maybe I’m afraid of the way I need you.
Maybe I’m amazed at the way you help me sing the song,
You right me when I’m wrong.

Maybe I’m amazed at the way I really need you.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on May 4, 2007, 3:47:45 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Oh and by the way, PLEASE DO NOT LET IT END LIKE THIS WITH EKYT BEING WITHOUT LINDA!!!!

ShyWanderer043 on May 4, 2007, 3:08:46 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Hey, sorry i didnt reply on the last 5 chapters but i've  been busy. Anyway they were great

Flashthehedgehog on April 29, 2007, 5:42:48 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWoah awesome story!