Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 91 - Cosmic Enternity

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 91 - Cosmic Enternity

Chapter 91 - Cosmic Enternity
Sonic hit the cockpit’s windshield, only cracking it. Eggman laughed. “Where’s your emerald now?!” Then he saw Ekyt. He vaulted with his staff, while curling up into himself. The he flung his legs outward, breaking the windshield. “Noo! You little freaks will pay!” He yelled as he dove into his escape pod as the container holding all Sonic’s friends evaporated.

Unfortunately, Ekyt was now free-falling 100 feet. He braced himself for the impact, planning to compact his knees so that they wouldn’t be broken. Just before he was set to hit the ground, something stopped him. “What the…” He found Linda holding him.

She smirked at his surprised expression. “What? You think I’d let you go splat?” she asked. “I’m surprised you’d save me.” Ekyt said. In surprise, Linda dropped him. “What made you say that?” “You probably hate my guts, and rightfully so. I sure do.” He admitted, dusting himself off. “I don’t hate you! Not being boyfriend/girlfriend doesn’t make us enemies!” she exclaimed, surprised at his words. “I admit, I was furious at first. But I’m over it. You got me home. That really means a lot.” She told him. “Yeah…” he was clearly at a loss for words. “Hey, how about meeting my parents?” Ekyt wasn’t too fond of the idea, but didn’t want to hurt her feelings. “C’mon, you can bring Greg too!” she coaxed. “Sure, that’d be nice.”

“Mom? Dad?” Linda called. “Where have you been?!” Her father questioned. “I fought in the war. It was the right thing to do. But, later, later. I want you to meet the boy I told you about.” Linda’s father was about Ekyt’s height, but more muscular. “So you’re this human she hung out with?” He looked mean. “Yes, that was me. She’s a great girl.” Ekyt told the man. Greg winced. “She is. Thanks for taking care of her while she was away from home.” Ekyt hadn’t expected that reaction. “You probably thought I’d want to kill you on site!” Linda’s father said with a laugh. “Yeah, I did.” Ekyt told him. “Linda’s never made a bad choice in her life. If she decided that you’re a good guy, then you are. You’re the one who got her home.”

Linda’s mom walked in. She was a tough, but good-looking echidna. “What?” She drew a pistol on Ekyt. “Whoa! Mom, this is the boy I told you about! Don’t kill him!” Ekyt would have found this funny under different circumstances. “I’m sorry about that sweetheart!” She holstered the pistol carefully. “You’re Ekyt then? I’m Mari, and this is my husband Leo.” “It’s nice to meet you both.” “Linda has spoke very highly of you, and…who’s this?!” She had noticed Greg, who was trying to remain stoic like Ekyt, but failing miserably. “I’m sorry! That’s Greg. He’s something of a miracle.” Ekyt told them. “Is he your son?” “Oh, no, my Godson.” Ekyt told them the story of how he had been there when Greg could walk. “Linda’s everything you said. I’ve got to say, the trench coat worried me.” “Sorry. I’m sure she told you I’m a vigilante of sorts. The coat’s kind of my trademark.” “So why did you come here?” Leo asked. “To help fight in the war. And, I should mention, your daughter saved my life a few minutes ago. I cracked open Eggman’s cockpit (They’ve heard about the war), but wound up free-falling 100 feet. She made a nice diving catch.” Ekyt looked at a clock on the wall. He had been here long enough to be polite. “I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go find someplace to hide out. I doubt the war’s over.” “Hey, Ekyt, can I stay here?” Greg asked, re-emerging with Linda. “Sure. Probably better, safer. See you later amigo. It was nice to meet all of you. Thanks again for the save Linda.”

Ekyt holed up in the loft of what looked like a barn. The inside was buzzing with the sounds of technology, and lights were flickering. The loft itself had a high ceiling, a mattress on the floor with a blanket and a couple of pillows. There was window at the far end that was designed with a metal cover that could slide over it. Ekyt laid on the mattress, thinking that he was glad he had come. But he was ready to leave. Things were just too akward between him and Linda. She was acting like they had never been boyfriend/girlfriend. Ekyt couldn’t forget it; he had been so sure she was the one! He turned on his side, his staff and coat next to him. He tried to let his mind rest for a while, while waiting for Eggman’s next strike.

Linda couldn’t believe it. “He’s a nice boy Linda.” Mari told her. “Yeah…I’m just surprised that he was so…stoic. I mean, he’s like that, but with me, he was always more open. I guess I thought that he would have been over me by now…” Linda’s mom smiled. “I think you know that’s not his nature. He doesn’t forget easily. He hasn’t forgotten, but he has forgiven.”

Ekyt looked out the window, looking at the dirt and mountains, and the stream that navigated itself through those obstacles. The terrain looked suited for Sonic’s speed. Ekyt was confused. He didn’t want to be here, but he didn’t want to go to Station Square. It was so disturbing. He finally strode outside, climbing to the top of the mountain that he and Sonic had fought Eggman on earlier. A pleasant wind was blowing around the debris from the battle. As Ekyt contemplated the scene, he thought he saw something interesting…

Bounding down the climbable side of the mountain, Ekyt checked out the gleam. Another chaos emerald? Ekyt picked it up cautiously. He felt nothing strange, no chaos welling up inside him, nothing. Ekyt pocketed it, figuring it would be useful later.

Eggman positioned his robot minions around the mountain. They were setting charges, ready to go off. Ekyt, who had climbed back up on the mountain, heard Eggman’s orders. “I want you to blow that mountain, and kill anyone who comes out.” Ekyt lowered his body to the ground, crawling away. He didn’t lack bravery, but he wasn’t stupid either…he had to tell Sonic.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment