Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 93 - Prisoner of Peace

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 93 - Prisoner of Peace

Chapter 93 - Prisoner of Peace
The city was in ruins as Ekyt and Greg got back. “Greg…you make sure no one’s hurt…I’m going to…” his voice trailed off, despair taking over. “I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do.” The tell-tale flash-sizzle of chaos energy forced Ekyt back on guard. Linda stepped out, followed by Shadow. She marched up to Ekyt, who was confused as all get-out now.

“Listen here! You’ve been avoiding me since we broke up” “Linda, this isn’t…” “I want to know, right now, what the deal is” “Linda, I” “Give me an answer. A REAL answer.” “Look around you! Station Square is ruined! Do whatever you want to me, if I’m alive after I take back the city! Yell at me then, tell me it’s my fault, tell me to rot in hell! Right now, I’ve got one last duty to perform, no matter what the cost.” He closed his gloved hand in emphasis. He ignored any reasoning inside his mind and marched ahead.

The streets were deserted and dark, save for the odd streetlight left standing. Ekyt strode briskly to the mayor’s office, where he had a sneaking suspicion he’d find someone familiar in the mayor’s chair.

“Okay, fat boy, turn around!” Ekyt snarled, spinning the chair around. “Eggman? There’s a surprise!” Ekyt muttered sarcastically. “Get him!” Two robots ambushed the already-exhausted Ekyt. He fought valiantly, but the two were huge and incredibly strong, and had overcome him in minutes. Panting heavily, and bleeding from the battle, Ekyt stared with hatred at Eggman.

At that moment, Shadow burst in, followed by Linda and Greg. “We’ll take that!” Shadow yelled, pulling Ekyt away. Ekyt jerked his arm away. “I promise you Eggman, I WILL bring you down. Mark my words, you’ll pay for this…” “Oh please, your friends are doing you a favor. If you must know, I’ve already cut a deal with “Planet Freedom.” I don’t attack them if they let me have Station Square.” And they agreed to it?!” Ekyt was enraged. Shadow stunned him with a chaos spear between the shoulder blades as Linda quickly handcuffed him. “I’m sorry Ekyt, but you’re under arrest…” CHAOS CONTROL!

As soon as they landed, the concerned face of Sonic was looking at them. “Glad you got him back. Welcome home buddy!” Sonic exclaimed. “This isn’t home for me. It never will be, especially if I’m a prisoner here!” Ekyt struggled fruitlessly, wanting to kill SOMEONE, but not caring who. “We had no choice. Eggman would have had us beat!” Sonic argued. “So everyone in the city is collateral damage to you? That’s it?” Ekyt snarled, still pushing against the handcuffs. “I didn’t say we wouldn’t be going back. We’ve got to regroup!” Sonic argued. “Yeah, just like the prisoners he’s torturing and killing! Let’s talk over tea while people are dying! Sounds like a BLAST!” at the last word, Ekyt pushed away from Shadow. Linda grabbed him. “You aren’t going ANYWHERE until we’ve talked this out!”

“Like you let me talk it out to you when you broke up with me? Understand this, I have nothing left but my job. And I sure as hell am not gonna give that up without a fight!” Ekyt shot back. “I deserved that…” Linda told him. He softened for a moment. “But I can’t forgive you. I hope you understand.” “No, I don’t. But don’t bother explaining it. I don’t want to hear it. I have nothing to say except that I’m going back to Station Square, with or without help. And I’m going now, whether you have these handcuffs on me or not!” “You’ve totally given up on our relationship?” Linda whispered to him. “What am I supposed to think? You dropped me like a bad habit, gave me an impossible ultimatum, and criticized me for saving the world. And above all that, I pushed that aside and helped you get home. Now’s your chance to never have to worry about me again. Let Shadow do Chaos control so I can save the city.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on June 26, 2007, 8:56:24 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Man oh man...things are really taking a turn for the worse...
 
(Klein):Yes...and i fear that unless things get better between Ekyt and the other...they will just get worse...

nextguardian on June 27, 2007, 3:01:28 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianNot looking too good, is it?