Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 95 - Open Season

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 95 - Open Season

Chapter 95 - Open Season
Ekyt dragged Eggman to his hover craft, throwing him inside. Quickly identifying what controlled the ship’s steering, Ekyt whipped out his staff and demolished everything else. “Now you pile you hunk of junk computer slaves in here, and get the hell out of my city.” Ekyt slapped him across the face. Even Eggman could tell he was holding back. Ekyt stomped toward Eggman, who jumped inside and hit every button within reach that wasn’t already destroyed. “You haven’t seen the last of me!” Eggman yelled. “Get bent!” Ekyt shouted back.

A flash-crackle signaled chaos control. Ekyt whipped toward it, intent on kicking the crap out of anyone hostile who came out. Five Animals he hadn’t seen before dove out, grabbing him. “GET OFF ME!” Ekyt started fighting with them, only stopping when Shadow, Sonic, Linda, and someone else came out. “Ekyt, stop. They’re only doing what they’re told.” “THEN TELL THEM NOT TO FREAKIN’ TOUCH ME!” Ekyt shouted back, throwing a headbutt at one of the ones that didn’t back off. “Look, we don’t want to argue with you!” Sonic shouted, trying to calm Ekyt down. “Look, I don’t want to have to sedate you, but I will.” Sonic said quietly. Ekyt stopped struggling. “You’ve got thrity seconds to tell me why I shouldn’t rip all of you apart.” Ekyt spat.

They told him Shadow only said those things to rile him up. Ekyt seemed to consider that. “So, what you’re telling me is that this was a setup?” Everyone nods. “So, I’m easy to read? Fun to manipulate? Don’t consider me a real threat, do you?” “We’re not saying that.” “THEN DO YOU WANT TO TELL ME WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE SAYING?” Ekyt shouted, struggling again.

They restrained Ekyt with rope, chain, handcuffs, anything they could get. “Such a terrible temper…” the Animal who had come with Linda walked cautiously forward, holding a glass of wine. “And who are you, pray tell?” Ekyt spat, not liking this guy on sight. Something about this panther just rubbed Ekyt the wrong way. As soon as he opened his mouth and spoke in an annoying, “I’m rich” voice, Ekyt pretty much decided that he hated this guy. “My name is Anthony.” (Anthony belongs to Alchemest1. Thanks for letting me borrow him A1!) “Well Tony” “Anthony please. “Tony” sound so blue-collar.” “Well Anthony, I’d say nice to meet you, but then I’d be a liar.” Ekyt snarled. Anthony chuckled. “If I had a face like yours, I’d laugh too. Maybe no one would notice.” Ekyt spat. Anthony chuckled. “My apologies, dear boy. It’s just that I have a difficult time imaging that darling girl (Nods at Linda) condescending to date you.” Anthony, it what looked to be on purpose to Ekyt, tripped slightly and threw his wine in the restrained Ekyt’s face. “Oh! Dear, dear, the mess I’ve made!”

Shadow was watching all this. “Why are we letting this idiot humiliate Ekyt if he’s on our side?” Shadow questioned. “Oh, that was an accident Shadow. He’s really a gentleman. I don’t think he’d do something like that on purpose.” Linda said with a shrug. “I don’t like him. I’d like to take those chains off Ekyt so he could kill “Anthony.” Shadow muttered.

“If you had any sense of class, you would still have that lovely young lady at your arm.” “She dumped me. Fine. I loved her, still do. But I figured she’d at least do better than me. You’re an insult.” Ekyt said, shrugging the best he could with the chains on him. Anthony smiled. Coming from him it wasn’t an encouraging gesture. “You would do well not to sass me if you wish to remain friends with her.” Ekyt strained the chains. The guards around him leapt forward to restrain him further. “Is that a threat? Because if it is, you’re playing a deadly game with me. Oh, and, it’s not “sassing you” if it’s true.” Linda walked over. “Ekyt, come on. Can’t we all get along here? He’s really a nice guy once you get to know him.”

Ekyt’s face contorted into a vile look. “This little pussycat is ticking me off. Guess what? You’re screwing with someone who has nothing to lose. You can keep taking shots at me. I guarantee, it will come back and kick you right in the @$$. Keep talking, because the gloves are coming off.” Ekyt was now restrained with his hands cuffed behind his back. Anthony cocked his head. “You and I aren’t so different. We both know our worth, and apparently have the same taste in women.” Anthony gave Linda a gentle hug around the shoulders. This infuriated Ekyt enough to get him to throw off the guard and get right in the panther’s smug face. “Let me tell you right now. The fact that Linda likes you means that you’re a part of their team.” Ekyt nodded at Sonic and Shadow. “And normally, that would be good enough for me. But I’m going to tell you this up front. I can’t trust you, so I’m going to watch you. And if you put one claw out of line…” “You’ll what? You see, dear boy, the facts are such: You are restrained, I am not. You are unarmed, I am armed (extends claws). YOU are alone, (Another squeeze to Linda), I am not.”

Shadow couldn’t take it anymore. “Chaos control.” He muttered darkly. He had frozen everyone but Ekyt. “Shadow? What the he” “Look, I hate this guy too. So I’m going to undo these cuffs. For once, you and I are on the same page. When I let you go, DON’T attack him. No matter what. You’ll get your chance, just not now. Understand.” Ekyt didn’t, but he nodded his consent.

At Anthony’s “not,” Ekyt broke his grip on Linda. “I might not be her boyfriend anymore, and I might not have a thing to do with this group, but I NEVER stand by and let an innocent get hurt. Like I said. I’m watching you. Linda may like you, but I sure as hell don’t. So…watch you back, and get ready to run.” Ekyt warned, smiling in a scary manner. “Because it’s open season on pompous asses.”

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on July 16, 2007, 9:32:37 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043I'd have to say i agree with both shadow and Ekyt, i do not like this guy at all.
 
(Klein): *Nod in agreement, not saying anything as he usually does*

alchemest1 on July 16, 2007, 8:49:50 AM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1A1: Hey great chapter. You definitely did Anthony Justice. He is as much a Pompous flea bag as ever.
 
Anthony: You really should watch your tongue about someone who is a big part of your story. I might just refuse to be in it anymore. After all I was offer I was offered a contract with Rare.
 
A1: What are you talking about? I made you and you do as I say!
 
Anthony: Whatever you say...HUMAN. (Grins nastily and swirls glass of wine)
 
A1: That's what I say and DON'T CALL ME HUMAN!!!!!!!! (Growls and gnashes teeth)
Anyway. Great job NG. I can't wait to see what happens. This is promising to get very. Very interesting. LOL. Just be careful. You'll see in my next chapter there is more to him than there seems.

Flashthehedgehog on July 16, 2007, 5:28:05 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogThe name "anthony" for a creature like a panther is a perfect mix, the whole image and bio from what I could get from this chapter, A1 made his character well.

alchemest1 on July 15, 2007, 4:51:29 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Anthony: Bravo! My dear boy. A brilliant new star is born that is me! I do say though despite the lack of manners i like that boy. He's got for use of such a drole word...Spunk. Yes. I think thats the word. He definitely is amusing to taunt. He falls for it so easily. Although i do feel a bit of pity for him. I've got the girl and he (amused and semi cruel chuckle) does not. Needless to say i shall be amused to see how our... relationship works out. I think he will see very soon just how similar we are. (smile and stirs glass of wine with a claw) until next time. Tata. (downs the glass and throws it to the side where it shatters. Winks and strolls into a strange metal hallway with a large garden on the other end)