Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 96 - Pure Heart

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 96 - Pure Heart

Chapter 96 - Pure Heart
“Get him!” Anthony shouted to the guards.” “Skate!” Shadow shouted. Without thinking, Ekyt did. Apparently, Shadow had slipped a pair of hover shoes on him. Ekyt took off, blazing fast. No one but Sonic or Shadow had a hope of pursuing him. Shadow wasn’t going to, and Sonic was stunned enough to let Ekyt get a head start.

“Hey! C’mon pal, don’t make this any harder!” Sonic took off, but Shadow blocked him. “Sorry. I have my reasons.” Shadow said darkly. Sonic started a race with Shadow, trying to reach Ekyt while Shadow kept stopping him.

Ekyt bolted for Forest Hill, a small mountainous area that would conceal him until he figured out what to do. He had lost Sonic and Shadow. As he stopped in a clearing, he silently thanked Shadow for his help, promising to return the favor.

“Oh dear! It seems he’s given us the slip!” Anthony said, unconcerned. “Linda, my darling, would you mind finding me a suitable room? I have some urgent matters to deal with.” Linda agreed, though she couldn’t shake the feeling that Ekyt running from a fight was wrong. How well DO you know Ekyt, then? You can’t trust him! Anthony is a blue-blood!

“Now what?!” Ekyt said to himself. He heard a sound behind him. He vaulted to his feet. It was Tikal. “There’s not much time Ekyt. You need to hide! They’re going to find you! Come with me!” Ekyt ran after her. “But you’re not supposed to mess with the time stream! How can you help me?” “That horrible panther can’t win! If you die, he wins, and we’re all destroyed. Past or present won’t matter! Now, listen! I’m taking you back to my time. The only way to fight chaos…” She gestured to the Master Emerald. “…Is WITH chaos. The servers are the seven chaos, power enriched by the heart. YOUR heart is pure. Your time has come to take your rightful place as a hero. Sonic and friends mean well, but they are blinded by their own loyalty to Linda’s happiness. You have seen through it. And you alone can act on it.” Ekyt was actually despairing. “How do I do that? I can barely take care of myself anymore! I’m a wreck without Linda!” Tikal put a gentle hand on his shoulder. “The seven chaos will guide you. But you must put your trust in them. Believe you can do it. For I see you not as a broken man, I see you for what you truly are…something Linda can see as well. It is my job to ensure that you take this mission. You were asked because your answer is already known…” Tikal smiled and gestured to a statue. Of Ekyt. “I will do what it takes to ensure that evil is driven from our world.” Was enscribed on the bottom. “Wait, how can I read this?” he asked suddenly, realizing that the writing was Ancient Echinda, not a language he was overly familiar with. “The time stream has decided you are the hero. And it will bend to make you that way. However, it has it’s limits…” Ekyt nodded. “Alright. I will do what it takes to ensure that evil is driven from our world.”

Ekyt was going to stay in the past to heal his injuries and get cleaned up. He was only going to stay one day. But it occurred to him that he never wanted to leave. But he had to. He didn’t belong here; he belonged in his own time. You always have to keep moving forward; even when going backward is a better prospect.

He left the next day. “Tikal…after the world is safe…can I come back?” Ekyt asked. He had asked her once before, and knew what her answer would be. Or he THOUGHT he did. “You can come back and stay as long as you like…but you won’t want to…” Tikal told him with a knowing smile. Ekyt knew she was never off with her predictions, so he hugged her and said goodbye.

Ekyt left, and Shadow immediately appeared. “He took the mission?” Shadow asked. Tikal nodded, worry etched on her face. “Don’t worry. If he can fight off an ultimate life form, then he can handle that stupid aristocrat.”

Klein (Shywanderer054), Flash (Flashthehedgehog), and Amy saw the disturbance. “What is that?” Amy asked. Klein shrugged. Flash pointed. “It’s chaos control…but I don’t recognize the Chaos Wavelength…” “Chaos Wavelength?” Amy asked. “Yeah. Everyone’s got a special “path”, everyone who performs chaos control anyway. This one is different…It’s not Shadow’s, it’s not Tiffany’s (Shadowthe_Hedgehog), and it’s not mine…”

Ekyt hit the ground running. A wall of earth shot up in front of him. “I don’t have time for this Klein!” he snarled. “Just hear us out, okay?” Flash asked gently. Ekyt looked at them, but decided to listen. “You have your reasons…but we don’t want Linda to get hurt again…” “I’m not after Linda. If I don’t stop whatever is going on, the whole world is ruined. I don’t want anything but her happiness…if it’s not me that will bring it to her, fine. I can live with that. What I CAN’T live with is letting the world get ruined…” Klein looked at Amy and Flash, and put down the wall of earth. Ekyt nodded and skated, feeling like was picking up speed. He put a hand in his coat pocket. Seven chaos emeralds were in there.

“I trust all is prepared?” Anthony asked. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow were bound to the master emerald with chaos energy. “You won’t get away with this!” Tails shouted. “Manners, lad, manners.” Anthony said over his shoulder. “Good, good. Prepare it…” “HEY!” came a shout. Anthony looked down. Ekyt was standing there.

“HEY!” Ekyt raised his eyebrows mockingly. I’ve got to throw him off his game…force him to make a mistake… “What’s new pussycat?” Ekyt quipped. “Guards, please seize that annoyance.” Anthony said calmly. Ekyt looked around. Robots? “So, it’s you and Eggman, is it? Then I guess I can count on shoddy workmanship!” Ekyt grinned and concentrated on the emeralds. They rose out of his pocket and formed a circle around his head. “The servers are the seven chaos…Chaos is power enriched by the heart…” Ekyt grinned and slapped his butt in a “Kiss my @$$” gesture. “Come and get me then. I’ll wait right here. (Making fun of Anthony’s accent) It’s the only sporting thing to do.”

The robots started to attack. From underneath the master emerald’s alter, a huge ship began to take form. A ship powered by- Seven chaos emeralds? Ekyt looked up, seeing his seven emeralds still floating around him in a circle. “I’ll worry about that when I get there…”

“Is the girl safe?” Anthony asked, keeping his cool. “I sent her away; I truly have feelings for her. However, they can only manifest themselves after I win this battle…”

“Come on already! I’m growing a beard over here!” Ekyt called. The robots got close enough. “Finally!” He concentrated on the blue emerald. It gave him speed. “Now I understand…MY seven chaos emeralds are custom-made…They each represent someone I’ve come in contact with…” Ekyt smiled wickedly. “You’re days are numbered “lad”!” Ekyt shouted, thumbing his nose as he ran. He jumped up high and jumped off three robot’s heads. He ran into a cave. He zipped out almost immediately with a squadron of Animals chasing him. “Oh, come on! Give it up guys!” Ekyt called back. One caught him with a net. “GOTCHA!” Ekyt rolled his eyes and took off, dragging the unlucky animal behind him. He ran straight toward a tree, then stopped at the last second. WHAM! Ekyt freed himself from the net and ran back.

“Dear, dear, he IS making a mess of things, isn’t he?” Anthony said, seemingly unconcerned. “Sir, half our task force is gone!” one Animal yelled, panting. “Please, he’s ONE human. He’ll wear down soon enough.” “He’s got chaos emeralds sir!” THAT shook Anthony up a bit, but he recovered quickly. “Does he know? This should prove interesting, considering SEVEN have the power I need…what could I do with fourteen? Please consult Dr. Eggman, Griffith.” Anthony took a sip of the rich brown liquid in his glass. He watched as Ekyt kept bouncing around, dodging attacks while eliminating his task force.

“Yes, of course. You feel the need to put up a fight. A great show. Fruitless, however. But I’ll give you credit for the effort, lad. But your time is up, I’m afraid.” Anthony reached for his cell phone. “Get ready to deploy the vehicle. Anyone not on board is staying.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on July 16, 2007, 1:18:39 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1A1: sweet chapter! You have done a great job with Anthony. Anthony: What can i say. I go where the money is. A1: He really is an @$$.