Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 97 - Crucial Choice

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 97 - Crucial Choice

Chapter 97 - Crucial Choice
Ekyt heard the sound of a humongous engine revving. “He’s gonna launch that monstrosity! I don’t know what he plans to do, but I’m gonna ruin it!” Ekyt gripped the red emerald and grabbed onto the ship. He climbed to a hatchway, and, using the red (Knuckles) emerald’s power, he ripped it open.

Inside was a forged steel environment. A boiler room, of sorts. Ekyt thought he might as well start here.

A siren blared, irritating Anthony. “Please see what that is. I’m in no mood to deal with a headache.” Anthony motioned to one robot. The siren continued to blare. “Very well, I will check myself.” He muttered to himself.

Anthony walked carefully down the stairs (He didn’t want to spill his drink, a fine wine from the 1830’s). He stopped at the bottom of the stairs. The boiler room was destroyed. The robot he had sent to check was stuff inside one of the boilers. Anthony put an arm up as it exploded, showering metal all over the room. “A mere pinprick.” Anthony murmured. “I wonder what…or who…caused this…”

Ekyt went up to the next floor. This looked to be a kitchen. “Hmm…Anthony, old bean, maybe your drinks need a little dash of vitamin “E”.” Ekyt dumped out all of Anthony’s wine and replaced it with a horrible mixture of hot sauce, horseradish, and vinegar. “Cheers, old boy!”

“I need a drink…” Anthony made his way to the kitchen. A drink always cleared his mind. He poured some liquid into his glass. He took a sip and started to cough. “What a vile concoction! (cough) This certainly is NOT Dom Perignon!” It seemed every bottle had been hit. “Someone is trying my patience…Fortunately, they will crack before I will.”

The next floor was the (newly reformed) Master Emerald. Ekyt saw Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow tied to the emerald. He looked at them, their eyes clearly saying “Untie me!” since their mouths (they’re gagged) could not. Making eye contact with the other three, Ekyt untied Shadow. “Good move. I’ll untie the rest of them.” “I’m going to the control room to see what I can destroy. Get them out of here, this thing is going to explode or crash if I have my way.”

Anthony sat back down in the control room. “Interesting.” Studied a monitor, which showed an angry Ekyt racing through the halls. “He’s made it so very far…it’s a pity he won’t survive to gloat about it! Deploy robot forces A-D 481…Let’s see what you make of that. You’ve been formidable thusfar…”

Ekyt was suddenly face-to-face in a narrow hallway. Thirty robots all had their weapons pointed at him. “This sucks.” Ekyt dove back around the corner, as bullets ricocheted against the wall. “Which one…One of these emeralds will protect me…yellow is Tails…Red is Knuckles…Blue is Sonic…Purple is Rouge…Green is…Shadow…I’m going to enjoy this…”

“Surrender-now-and-the-master-will-be-charitable-in-victory.” “Okay, ya got me!” Ekyt said mockingly. “Chaos Blast!” he yelled. The robots exploded. “Good stuff! Glad I caused it.” Ekyt walked through the corridor, seeing a steel industrial door.

Ekyt opened it cautiously. “I’ve been expecting you Ekyt.” Anthony stepped out from the shadows. “Have you now? I wouldn’t want to disappoint…” Ekyt stared toward him. “Before you make the mistake of striking me, look around.” Ekyt did. It seemed like everything was glass. There were palm trees, and a view of a lake that Ekyt knew was holographic.

“Of course, the scenery is quite captivating, is it not. But what I’d like to call your attention to is this. Linda!” Linda walked out of one of the side rooms. “Linda? You’ve got to get out of here! This thing is going up!” he exclaimed. Linda looked shaken; like she was torn. “Dear me, it appears you have a choice to make.” Ekyt brought his staff across the control panel he found. Sensors started beeping angrily. “Linda, I don’t care if there’s nothing between us. You’ve got to get out of here. I can help, then you can go back to hating me.”

“Dear girl, I can give you everything that this commoner cannot. And I certainly care for you.” “So do I!” Ekyt snarled vehemently. “If you did, why did you go against her wishes? If you cared for her, wouldn’t she come first?” Anthony said in a mock questioning tone.

Linda stood between the two of them, looking nervous. “I have to what’s best for me…But which one…” “You know who you want to trust in your heart Linda.” Ekyt said quietly. “Linda, darling, I fear out time will be up if we stay here. We must go now.” Linda looked over her shoulder. “I’m sorry…But I pick…”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on July 16, 2007, 4:19:34 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1A1: I loved the chapter. I really liked the part with the wine. That was really funny. Anthony: That was a very nasty trick! I still have a nasty after taste on my palate. Oh and you can tell Ekyt that destroying my ship was nothing. I could afforded another one ten times larger without batting an eye. Although he does owe me twenty. No better make it thirty bottles of vintage wine. And i will know if its good stuff. A1: whatever you say Anthony. You have no idea how annoying he has been lounging around siping drinks and making orders. You wouldn't happen to want a pompous Panther that has a taste for the good life would you?