Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 98 - Chaos Out of Control

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 98 - Chaos Out of Control

Chapter 98 - Chaos Out of Control
“..Ekyt…I’m sorry.” Linda went to Anthony’s side. “A wise choice darling.” Ekyt was fuming, but trying to hide it for her sake. “Well, it seems you’ve ruined my plans. Of course, you’ll have to hurry if you don’t want the chaos emerald’s power to cook off…Then there is the matter of your seven meeting MY seven…I do believe that this may be the last time we meet. It was a pleasure.” Anthony gave a bow. Ekyt gave him the finger, which was a surprise. “I’ll have another round with you Anthony…we’re not done yet…” Ekyt closed his eyes, relatively sure that his own life was forfeit. But he had to keep the emeralds from exploding.

Ekyt grabbed the blue emerald, and raced back to the center of the ship. He grabbed the chaos emeralds. He could feel their power surge. He jumped out a window and ran down the ship, hoping to reach the ground before the explosion.

“He’ll never make it!” Amy shouted, covering her eyes. “C’mon Ekyt, run!” The wind resistance forced Ekyt’s arms back as he ran straight down, holding the emeralds. “I need a burst of speed…but how?” Ekyt grabbed the second set of emeralds. “Help me out!” he shouted. No dice. The emeralds were going to explode. He stuffed his seven into the hull, then threw the other seven as he could. He jumped as his power ran out, knowing that this HAD to be it. What could he do? There was no reason for him to try. He had fulfilled his destiny, but felt he lost the war.

“You’re kidding!” Shadow skated toward Ekyt’s rapidly falling form as fast as he could. “CHAOS CONTROL!” He shouted just before Ekyt hit the ground. “Thanks Shadow.” He muttered. “Hmm.” Shadow just grunted. The chaos control wore off and Ekyt landed on his feet.

The rocket exploded, sparks and metal raining down. But nothing that would do any damage. “He did it!” Amy exclaimed, hugging Sonic. “I can’t believe he pulled that off.” Rouge said to Knuckles in awe. Tails was having his left tail checked by Cream.

Ekyt dragged himself up the altar. He was alone, the others were celebrating. The words so poignantly sang by Alter Bridge ran through his head. “I’ve been defeated and brought and down. Dropped to my knees when hope ran out. The time has come to change my ways. On this day, I see clearly. Everything has come to life. In this place, in a broken dream. And I’ll leave it all behind. I’ll never long for what might have been. No, regret won’t waste my life again. I want it back, I’ll fight to remain. Not a chance, to achieve this dream, and no chance to feel the love. Fear will kill me, all I could be. Lift these sorrows, set me free.” Ekyt recited them to himself. “What crap.” He looked down the edge of the altar. It was high up, but he found he couldn’t care. The coward’s way out would be to jump.

That wasn’t Ekyt. He had just seen everything in his life blow up. All he could was pick up the pieces and hope that things worked out. He didn’t think they would. All he could do was keep…existing. That alone would annoy his enemies.

“How quick can this get cleaned?” Ekyt asked the clerk at the dry-cleaning store. “’bout a half hour.” She replied, bored. She tapped out her cigarette. “Thanks.” Ekyt answered, walking out without his coat. He had made it through the battle without too much damage. Well, physical damage. Mentally, he was fried.

“Gimme your money freak.” Two guys with knives “asked.” Ekyt, not caring to give in, turned around and beat the stuffing out of them. Then he handed them each 20 bucks. “If you’re honestly that desperate, try asking around before you pull a knife on someone who’s looking for a fight.” Ekyt went back to pick up his coat.

He pulled it on, turning the collar up against the brutally cold air. Sonic and friends had gone home. They had offered to take Ekyt with them, but he told them no. Someone had to watch Station Square.

“I’m worried about him Klein. This isn’t like him.” Klein nodded his agreement to Amy’s statement. “Sorry Kiddo, not much we can do.” Rouge said airily. Shadow nodded. “He’s not to thrilled with us right now. I don’t blame him, for once.” Sonic shook his head. “He called the shots on that Anthony guy. But one thing bothers me…Why would Linda go with him?” Sonic muttered. “Maybe it’s psychological. She’s upset with Ekyt, the fact that he’s right is making it more difficult for her to accept.” Tails said. “I wonder what he’s up to right now?”

Ekyt sat at the end of the bar at Ray’s. “Kid, you’re alive! You saved the world! And…you’re miserable…The girl thing, right?” Ekyt nodded and told Ray how Linda had picked Anthony over him. “I don’t even want a relationship at this point; Just her happiness and safety. It might not be with me, but it is NOT with that arrogant piece of crap panther.” Ekyt put his head in his arms, looking, for once, like the vulnerable teenage he was, rather than the tough-as-nails vigilante he wanted- and needed- to be.

“Hey, what happened to the chaos emeralds anyway? I know I grabbed one, but what about the other six.” “Well, I have one.” Amy held hers out. “Me too.” Tails added, holding his out. Klein held his out. Flash (Flashthehedgehog) held his out. “And I’ve got one.” Knuckles put his in too. “You idiots! The seven emeralds coming together is what started everything!” Shadow shouted.

Too Late.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on July 16, 2007, 10:08:37 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Man oh man...things really have gone from bad to worse for poor Ekyt...i dont know if he will be able to make it through this...
 
(Klein): Do not worry yourself...he will make it...i know him to well for him to give up like this...and if i see that panther again you will not want to be around...if there is anything i cannot stand is someone harming my friends in any way...*Look at his hand and then turns it into a fist*
 
Oookay...i think i just go over there O.o *Walk away from Klein*

alchemest1 on July 16, 2007, 4:42:37 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Sweet chapter! I'm really actually surprised that she chose Anthony though. I think i see a bit of our conversation poking out here. The part about his insecurities. Really well spoken. I shows just how much he despises his own weaknesses. And you did it again. Another cliff hanger!