Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 101 - A New Chapter

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 101 - A New Chapter

Chapter 101 - A New Chapter
“Tikal helped me jump dimensions with precision.” Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. “It’s a shame you couldn’t have just killed Anthony.” Shadow said ruefully. “Anthony?” Ekyt suddenly felt engulfed by anger. “Forget this!” he sprang up and skated off full speed after Eggman’s ship.

“My God Shadow! It’s like he’s become you!” Tiffany (Shadowthe_hedgehog) exclaimed. “He’s not me.” Shadow murmured. “Discuss it later! He’s gonna kill himself if he goes after that ship alone!” Sonic yelled, putting words to action and taking off. Shadow didn’t move. “It’s his fight. If he wants to fight, I say let him. If someone did that to me, I would kill them. No matter WHAT the cost.” “Well, he’s not you! He’s not an ultimate life form, this’ll kill him!” Linda shouted.

Ekyt wasn’t crazy, not anymore. In his mind, there was good, and there was evil. There was no gray area, no leeway. No trust, that was for sure. Suddenly, he had to put on the breaks as Sonic zipped in front of him. “Hold on pal! I know you’re mad, but getting yourself killed isn’t the way to deal with this!” “Who says I’d get killed?!” Ekyt returned, aiming to around Sonic. “You’re not one to act tough, you know what would happen! Anthony almost killed you, and this time you’d be fighting on HIS turf.” That seemed to his home with Ekyt. “You’re right…I guess he wins…” Ekyt said, incredibly downcast. “Hold on, I didn’t say” “I know what you meant Sonic. I’m just saying what I mean.” He cast a glance up at the rapidly fading airship. He forced his eyes closed. “I need some time…” He walked off with an expression on his face that plainly read “Do not touch.” “Tell Shadow he’ll know where to find me in an emergency…but don’t freakin’ have any.”

Back in his staircase, Ekyt sat on the top step, hoping no one had followed him. “Is this it? He beat me? I didn’t lose the fight, but that’s how it feels…” For once, he couldn’t train to escape, and he couldn’t turn to his “friends.” He had no idea what to do next. So he did nothing, hoping no one came looking for him.

Linda couldn’t believe he had actually walked off. Then again, everything was so akward between the group and him. She guessed that when she walked off with Anthony, that had pulled at him pretty good. “It’s okay Linda, he’ll figure things out!” Amy said perkily. “You know he’s not the type to just quit.” Linda gulped. “Everyone has their limits Amy…and I wonder if I pushed his…”

All this hit Ekyt like a train. He couldn’t believe she had broken up with him, gone evil, and came back. He couldn’t believe how narrowly he avoided death. He decided he couldn’t stay here anymore. A tear trickled out, followed by another. I know it’s hard to see what is meant to be, but this can’t be it. I’m supposed to be a punching bag? Or some damn scratching post? Screw this whole thing. Sonic and his little bastard friends can watch the place. I can’t deal with it anymore. It’s not worth having another mental breakdown. He knew how to escape, and he was going to do it. Tikal could help him.

In her time, Tikal was the daughter of a tribe of echidna warriors. They were among the most feared, and the most powerful. They held the seven chaos emeralds and the master emerald. They lived in a paradise, save for when it was time to go to war. Tikal couldn’t believe what she was hearing from Ekyt. He told her the whole story. She couldn’t believe it. It was all so…surreal. “And that’s why I’m hear…I can’t deal with it anymore. I lost my sanity, and almost my life. I can’t go back.” He was practically shaking with emotion. “Maybe my father will initiate you as a warrior…then you could stay here.” Ekyt would have done ANYTHING at that point.

“There are certain qualifications a warrior must have…” Ekyt rolled his eyes. “Where do I start with my credentials?” Ekyt explained a few things, even going so far to lay on the tips of some spears. When THAT didn’t seem to shake him, they decided to welcome him to the group. Tikal looked over at him, a small smile on her face. “Didn’t that hurt?” Ekyt shrugged. “I’m kind of numb right now, I guess.” He liked Tikal. She had always been honest with him. He swore himself in as her protector.

“He ran off. I don’t believe it.” Linda said, shaking her head. “Well, a lot drove him there, I guess…But it’s not like him to quit…or be so hostile.” Tails pointed out. “You morons put handcuffs on him, what the hell did you expect?” Shadow commented dryly. “Yeah…He already doesn’t think he belongs, and I’m sure that didn’t help…” Sonic admitted.

“But how do we get him back?”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on July 19, 2007, 9:49:21 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Ekyt just quit the hero biz, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!
 
Klein: *Smacks ShyWanderer on the head* Quit it...you're making yourself look stupid...although i will admit that this is something that did expect myself...but after everything that has happen he is also probably feeling a bit betrayed

alchemest1 on July 18, 2007, 2:14:24 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow. Nice chapter! Although i didn't exactly expect this reaction from Ekyt! What is going on!?