Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 102 - The Realization

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 102 - The Realization

Chapter 102 - The Realization
Anthony looked at the airship’s computer. “It seems Ekyt’s run for it. Some place untraceable. Well, I’ll give the lad credit for knowing when he has been bested.” Anthony raised his glass. “You were a worthy adversary human. I’m almost sorry to see the battle end…” Anthony took a sip, then realized Maybe it doesn’t have to end…

Ekyt was in the past, talking with Tikal in the chao garden near the Master Emerald. “Chao?” a tiny sound came from a white chao with a gold halo above it. “Huh? Tikal, is this MY chao?” Tikal smiled and nodded. “Yes. Tyke here has missed you so much. But I explained everything to him, so he harbors no ill feelings for you.” The chao crawled up onto his shoulder. Things were going great. But he still harbored a ton of guilt about what happened. He hadn’t given Linda a straight answer, and he felt like he had lost the fight. But things had taken a definite turn for the better.

Shadow skated by, thinking hard about where Ekyt had gone. Anthony (Alechemest1) popped out. “Shadow, my dear boy!” he said in his most charming voice. “What do you want you?” Anthony offered Shadow a glass of wine. Shadow tossed it over his shoulder. “I believe I can help you remember who you are. You see, I, too, was on the ARK all those years ago. Professor Gerald was a great friend of mine.” Shadow was sucked in. “You can help me?” “Everything has a price, my boy. Bring me the human, and I will tell you everything, sparing nothing.” Shadow wrestled with himself. Should he or shouldn’t he? “Fine. I’ll have him for you.”

Ekyt laid back in the grass. He had taken off his coat in favor of a deerskin vest that the natives had given him. It was a show of good will by both sides. Besides, it wasn’t uncomfortable, as long as he wore it over his t-shirt. Otherwise it itched horribly. Would it be so bad to stay here forever? No more awkwardness between Linda and I…I’ve got a great thing going, the inhabitants like me. And…wait, what’s that? Chaos Control? Ekyt got up, taking a cautious position in case whoever was coming out was hostile.

It was Shadow. “Ekyt, I need you to come with me.” Ekyt didn’t raise his voice or protest. “What’s up?” Shadow explained. “Anthony’s just trying to get you to do his dirty work! He wasn’t there!” But Ekyt could see his face drop, so he agreed to go along with it. “BUT, I need an out. I’m going to come back here. Can you chaos control me away?” Shadow agreed.

Ekyt and Shadow put on a convincing show. “My my! You DO have poor taste in acquaintances.” “How about I get you acquainted with my fist?” Ekyt muttered. Anthony chuckled. “You ran from me.” “YOU did the running pal! We could have finished our fight…now, I guess we’ll never know who the better man is. Well, I know, it’s me, you’re a pompous @$$.” Ekyt said with a shrug. Anthony’s smile didn’t even waver, which annoyed Ekyt even more. “Such strong words…well, let’s just start the interrogation then.” Shadow stepped in front. “You’re giving me my answers first.” “Certainly: I lied.” Shadow’s eyes glowed red. Ekyt had seen this before. He dove under Anthony’s desk and covered his ears. Anthony wasn’t sure what to make of it. “CHAOS BLAST!” Anthony was thrown backward. He hit the wall, denting the metal and laid flat. “Let’s go.” Shadow hauled Ekyt to his feet. “I can chaos control you back now.” Ekyt looked back. A few robots were chasing them. “I’ll help you mop these up first.”

At that point, Sonic and co (Linda included) ran up. “Okay, I’m set to go back. Please don’t tell them where I went…” “Chaos control!” Ekyt leapt into the portal and went back to the past.

Ekyt returned, landing crouched. Tikal welcomed him back, genuinely glad to see him. “We need to talk Ekyt. It’s very important.” She led him over to a big hill with a single tree on it. “I need to know…what’s the REAL reason you’re here?” The question caught Ekyt offguard. “I’m not sure,” he admitted, “I thought it was because Anthony could beat me in a fight, now I wonder if it’s because of how akward things are between Linda and I.” Tikal put his chao in his hands. “Go back to her. Fix things. If things don’t work, then come back. You need closure Ekyt. You’ve got my support.” Ekyt knew she was right. “If you ever need me, I’ll be here. Just let me know.”

It was time to go home and face Anthony. A fight that worried Ekyt. But he was more worried about Linda’s reaction…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on July 20, 2007, 10:13:01 AM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Anthony: It's so hard to find unhostile help these days. (Sighs cold pack pressed against a black eye and wincing with pain from being blasted into a wall) But at least that miserable wreck of a human is coming back. I will be on the top of my game when we meet again and I will be ready. I have a surprise of my own for him. Then I will be putting him in a pine box casket!

ShyWanderer043 on July 19, 2007, 9:08:13 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Yes, Ekyt is coming back! The heroes fight against evil and attempt to have SOME peace shall continue!!
 
Klein: *Sighs and smacks him on the head again*.....
 
Ow, what was that for! *Thinks back and then laughs* Oh yeah, sorry about that, got carried away again
 
Klein: *Lets out a small laugh and pats him on his shoulder* Just try hard to control yourself...