Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 105 - Run! take her and go!"

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 105 - Run! take her and go!"

Chapter 105 - Run! take her and go!"
Anthony examined his car. “Shooting out my tires. Not clever. Effective, for the moment. Now, if I were a filthy little human vermin, what would my next move be?” Anthony smiled in realization.

“No Way!” Linda responded defiantly. “Linda, please, it’s the only safe way.” Ekyt said. “I don’t lack the courage to fight, you know! Just because I’m a girl, that doesn’t mean I can’t fight!” Ekyt looked around, frustrated. Finally, he got down on his knees and held her hand. “Linda…there’s no other way…please…I’d never forgive myself if you were killed…never.”

Linda looked down into his nervous, pleading eyes as he gently gripped her hand. “That’s why you need to go. I know you’ll be safe there. But you have to trust me.” Ekyt’s eyes turned harder, determined. “You know I’ve never bowed to any mortal Linda. But I’m before you, on my knees, begging you to do this for your own safety.” Indeed, none of the others had ever seen Ekyt humbled like this. Linda softened. “Okay. If it’ll make you feel better. Ray and I will hide at” “Don’t say it! Whatever you do, don’t say the name of your destination. That prick panther could be watching and listening right now.”

It seemed to everyone that Ekyt had become paranoid. He was never without a weapon, and had hardly slept in the three days since they had attacked Anthony. Now, out of character, he begged- BEGGED- Linda to hide. Ray was to go with her. Ekyt knew that Sonic and Knuckles could take care of themselves, and with Klein watching Amy and Cream, he knew they too were safe. Tails and Chris had taken off in the X-Tornado. Linda clutched his hand, genuinely worried. Not for herself, but for him. “I’ll be fine.” He assured her. Linda still looked at him awkwardly, but helped him to his feet. “I know you’re serious, and I’ll do it.” “One last thing…should anything go wrong, stay at the safe place for a few days, then head here.” Ekyt handed her an address and a map.

The door began to splinter at the Thorndyke house. “It’s him! Go! Take her and go! I’ll hold him off!” Ekyt shouted to Ray. (Sound familiar Harry Potter Fans?) The door finally gave in. Ekyt was alone as Sonic and Knuckles had gone to their destination with Linda and Ray to protect them.

Anthony strode in. “Very nice abode…Of course, it isn’t yours…” Anthony tapped a Ming vase with one finger, breaking it. “Nothing is going to stop me from defending Linda’s honor…and my own…there’s nothing that strong.” Anthony smiled and chuckled. “You sound like a perfectly ignorant child who has just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar: you are denying your fate.” “Fate has nothing to do with it! It’s a matter of what must me done…and the one WILL do it.” Anthony sneered. You speak as though you know something of honor…ha! You will die as nameless as you are now!” “Death doesn’t frighten me Anthony, my time will come, I’m not afraid to admit I’m mortal. My only fear is failing to protect those who care for me. If you’re trying to break my spirit…you’ve already lost the war.” Anthony again laughed coldly. “I seem to remember you had given up on yourself.” “I seem to recall that I snapped out of it. My guilt is gone…replaced by a burning desire to protect…and to attack…”

Anthony and Ekyt began to circle, neither predator nor prey. “I know of your plans, my human friend.” “You know nothing!” Ekyt returned, not entirely believing it. “The thing about humans is that they are unpredictable by nature. However, my anaylsis of you has led me to believe that YOU possess certain qualities that have since been…frowned up, for want of a better term. Qualities that make you unpredictable to humans and mere animals, but a being with intellect could tell that you’re one trait that will give you away, each and every time…is love.” Ekyt managed to maintain his guard. “Love?” “Love. You sent your loved ones away, to protect them. Foolish. YOU are the last line of defence. You have simply bought them more time. Time that is pointless. You will be hailed for dying a hero’s death, approaching it upright I daresay, courage is a trait that I do not doubt you embody.”

Ekyt wasn’t liking this. “It’s ironic…you’ve evolved, more so than most of your human counterparts…but you retain the most primal trait…” Ekyt was suddenly furious. Anthony stopped circling. “Perhaps it is better for this battle to take place where the stakes are higher…” Ekyt knew he was bound for the past. “I can beat you here just as well as there.” “I think I would prefer to settle this where you, no doubt, hid you companions.” “I think it would be better if you shut up and started worrying about your own life.” Ekyt snarled. His back was to the wall. He knew he would have died for Linda, and now he had the chance to put that theory to the test.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on July 24, 2007, 12:35:17 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Great chapter. Although i can tell you were reading your HP book when you wrote this lots of references. Lol. Good one and very well used and adapted. I love where this is going. Great job!