Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - Point Blank

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 23 - Point Blank

Chapter 23 - Point Blank
Paula-Su made her move quickly, striking at the shadow. She missed it by inches. Considering she was blindfolded, that was pretty good. “Not bad.” Knuckles commented. “Damnit!” she swore. Knuckles gave a half-smile. “You’re a lot like your father.” Paula gave him a glare so incredibly wicked it would have cut holes through someone less tough than Knuckles. Knuckles didn’t say anything else. He turned to his own daughter. She gave him a look too, though it was softer than Paula’s.

Linda-Su and Julie-Su had finished the days business early. It seemed that their two families were being forced apart. They were still close. “I can’t believe this happened!” Julie exclaimed. Linda nodded. “If he was an echidna, there wouldn’t be a problem.” Julie nodded, sipping at her drink thoughtfully. “So…what happened to him anyway?” Linda shrugged. “He’s kind of a free agent, I guess. He can’t be in Haven anymore, so he’s kind of…nowhere.”

Sonic followed Ekyt. Ekyt had always looked up to Sonic, but all he felt was anger. “Look, I get it, we were wrong!” Sonic exclaimed. Ekyt turned around, taking off the mask for a moment. “No. You weren’t wrong. I was wrong. Look, I’m not going to jump ship. I’m part of the resistance, I will be until Shadow is stopped or I’m dead.” Sonic shook his head. “I know, but” “But after twenty-five years, you’re having doubts. I’m not going to sell out our cause. I just decided to be my own person. My family is gone (Parents are still alive, but hidden to protect them, and Ekyt can’t go back for fear of exposing them), my job is gone, and I’m surprised my freedom isn’t gone. Well, anymore than it is already.” Ekyt shook his head, eyes closed before continuing. “You have your family, your job, and respect. I have nothing…not even my pride. There’s nothing left for Shadow or Robotnik to take, except my life, which I will sell at a high price when the time comes.” With that, Ekyt clapped Sonic on the shoulder for a brief moment, and walked off, leaving a befuddled Sonic to sort out what he had just said.

Paula continued to glare at Knuckles. “I didn’t do it Paula.” Knuckles told her firmly. (He’s referring to removing Ekyt from being a guardian –NG) Paula sighed. “I’m sorry Knux. I don’t belong here yet. It should be my dad.” “Paula, you’re great! I’m sorry about what happened to your father, he could have protested. But he knew you were ready.” Paula looked at Knuckles searchingly. “Can I meet the “new” Ancient Walkers?”

Linda left Haven to find Ekyt. She found him on Mount Fate, staring down. He didn’t seem to be moving. Just…staring. “Hey, you’re not gonna jump, are you?” she asked, a little bit of trepidation leaking into her voice. Ekyt turned to her. He didn’t have the mask on. He smiled slightly. “When have I ever taken the easy way out? No, I’m not ready for that Linda. I’ve got life in me.” She moved closer. “You didn’t appeal the decision. You did it for your daughter, right?” Ekyt nodded. “Well, right now, she needs her father.” Linda said calmly. Ekyt cocked his head, saying “She can always come to me.” Linda shook her head, no. “No. Her father is gone. What she has is some…assassin. Some madman that’s nothing like her father.” Linda put a hand on his shoulder. “She needs her father back. I need the man I married back.” Ekyt looked at her sadly. “I’ll try. But I know I can’t go back…”

“Why can’t he come back?!” Paula exclaimed incredulously. Athair spoke. “We made a mistake. He isn’t the chosen one.” Locke and Aurora nodded solemnly. “O-Kay,” Paula began with exasperation that only a fifteen year old could show, “he’s not the chosen one. Why can’t he just be “guardian?”” Aurora stifled a laugh at the obvious surprise on Locke and Athair’s faces.

Kyle, Tracey, and Tiffany (all three Shadowthe_hedgehog) met with Colin. “He’s not going to do anything. He’s working on his own.” Tiffany told him. “Is that really the best thing though?” Colin questioned. Kyle spoke up. “Yeah. You know, when you’ve been yanked around like that, you lose trust. It happens.” Tiffany marveled at that. Just where had Kyle come up with THAT answer?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 7:13:25 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(growls in confusion mouse still on shoulder) So who is he fighting for again. (shakes head nearly dislodging the mouse) Anyway. Paula brought up a really good point. Maybe she will talk some sense into those buka! (slinks off to next chapter mouse eating a seed on his shoulder)