Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Update from the Island

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 27 - Update from the Island

Chapter 27 - Update from the Island
“Damnit! Paula, give me your knife!” Ekyt was unconscious, and mercifully so. “Mom, what the hell…?” Linda had stuck the knife into Ekyt’s back. Her question was answered a second later when the bullet popped out. “Julie, can you help me bandage him up.”

“Tell us what happened.” Sonic said. “Are you crazy?! He just got shot, let him rest!” Sally told him. “It’s okay. (cough) Kragok shot me when I was getting my stripe back. Before I passed out, I heard Shadow talking: “For their triumvirate to be counter-balanced, we must form one of our own. The Dark Legion. Swatbots. And Disciples of Darkness.” Shadow said with a smile. “The Echidna, the Human, and the Hedgehog. They’ll be eliminated. And this group, echidna, human, and hedgehog, will succeed.””

Ekyt finished and everyone flinched again. “He’s- back? But he’s…dead…no one could have survived that!” Kragok had come back, but was thrust into the zone of silence where he and Knuckles had fought. Knuckles had won, and had just barely escaped as the zone collapsed. It was horrible to think that all that was for nothing.

“He’s back…aligned himself with Shadow…Robotnik…And why am I sitting here?! I’ve got to get back out there! Kyle and Tracey (Shadowthe_hedgehog) were following me, and God knows who else from the OSS!” Several pairs of hands pushed Ekyt back. “I’ll get them. They’ve been waiting outside to see you.” Tiffany told him firmly. Ekyt looked around and realized that he was in his own bed. Linda sank down next to him. “Does your chest hurt?” she asked. “No.” “Good.” She laid her head down, tired after all the excitement. He stroked her hair.

“Grandpa!” Kyle bounded in, followed by Tracey, who looked around at all the people shyly. “Kid!” Ekyt called back. “Don’t call me Grandpa!” “Grandpa!” Kyle shouted back. Kurt shook his head, smiling. “Well, that’s my son. My daughter, on the other hand…” “GRANDPA!” Tiffany stuffed her fist in her mouth to stop from laughing. Colin came in next. The twelve-year-old Colin would have been surprised, but the thirty-seven year old Colin looked just concerned. “Just a bruise.” Ekyt said with grin. “A bullet nearly slicing your spine isn’t a bruise.” “It’s just a day in the life.” Ekyt said with a wave of his hand.

Paula’s Thoughts:
I’ve watched my Dad age, like, a million years in a few weeks. Not landing the position in Haven, and then being removed from being a guardian, and now he get’s shot just as things are looking up!

My Mom, the support beam, is starting to waver. It isn’t fair to her, or him. Thankfully I can keep an eye on him, and the other way around. Whatever he thinks, I still need him. I’m not ready to be a guardian on my own.

Ah, what can I say, my Dad grew on me, like a wart! But a lovable, trench-coat wearing wart!”

He’s too nice a guy for all this. I’ll get Kragok for this…



EXTRA! Ekyt lay on the floor, his shirt now his bandage. Two young female soldiers gave him a look of longing. “WHAT THE HELL! THIS ISN’T A PEEP SHOW! HE’S TAKEN!” Linda-Su yelled at them. The two girls ran for it. Linda heard from down the hall: “Man, why’d that hot guardian marry that dog?!”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 8:18:04 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(cocks head and laughs) okay. Confusing chapter. But really good. (shakes head and turn away to read next chapter)

Flashthehedgehog on April 29, 2007, 4:51:19 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehoglol. Look out for another thrilling woman fight! In the next chapter, Eykt is forced to help Flash find his hat, instead of saving the world. The fact that Flash found in by the side of his bed......well...

Lol great chapter.

nextguardian on April 29, 2007, 10:39:49 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI couldn't resist, lol, that just cracked me up while I was writing it :P