Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Death's Beckon

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 28 - Death's Beckon

Chapter 28 - Death's Beckon
Ekyt got up out of bed, forcing his way past everyone. “How is the OSS going Colin?” Ekyt asked. Colin gave him a look, eyebrows raised. “Shouldn’t you be recuperating?” Colin grinned. “Anyone with sense would.” Ekyt said. “So, no.” Colin shook his head, laughing. “Well, the kids are doing great. Tails and Amy are just the best pilot-gunner combo we have.” “What’s that?!” Ekyt interrupted him.

Ekyt ducked cautiously outside. His heart leapt into his throat. Shadow, Kragok, and Lien-Da were standing opposite him. “It’s been a while since we last met.” Shadow said, in a would-be friendly voice. “It has. Best time of my life. What do you want?” Ekyt said, glaring at the three. “To fight!!!” A chaos spear shot toward Ekyt. Three with chaos powers against one with chaos powers. “Colin! Scram order! Get everyone to safety and alert the new brotherhood!” Ekyt paused, making a hard decision. “And tell my daughter. She’ll be here of her own accord anyway.” He didn’t want his daughter here. But she was a guardian, and he had no choice.

Ekyt deflected the chaos spear. Three more shot at him. He swept to the side, standing his ground. “You can’t win!” Shadow crowed. Ekyt dodged another attack. He waved his hand in a circle, forming a shield as more spears hit. “Neither can you. All the more reason this fight is pointless!” A spear struck Ekyt under his left eye. It burned, but adrenaline took over. In this day and age, every guardian has their own special chaos attack. Ekyt’s was particulary devastating. “CHAOS INFUSION!” His veins filled with green plasma. The white part of his eyes turned green. “Chaos strike!” Ekyt waved his hand in an arc. He knocked the three off their feet with the attack. “Chaos Blast!” “Chaos Shield!” Two chaos attacks, used simultaneously.

The results were catastrophic. The two attacks met, twisting in the air, a battle of their own. Ekyt’ green energy vs. Shadow’s red energy. An EXPLOSION ripped the ground to pieces, setting trees on fire and wildlife, what little there was, scurrying. It knocked all the participants in the battle off their feet. Ekyt crawled to get up. Shadow did not. Was it really over?

Paula-Su charged to her father’s side. She hauled him to his feet. “Are you oka-…” Her voice trailed off at the site of Shadow lying motionless. “The explosion did it. I was protected by my Chaos Infusion. Shadow…wasn’t so lucky.” Paula pointed at his eye. “C’mon, we’re going home. They can bury their own dead. Rest in Pieces, dirt bag.” She muttered.

The new brotherhood consisted of Knuckles, Tobor, and Thunderhawk. “I never thought…Shadow…dead? It can’t be true.” Knuckles said, barely coherent. “It is. How long he stays dead is anyone’s guess.” Thunderhawk said dismissively. Ekyt was helped in by Paula-Su. He pulled his mask off with difficulty. He had his hand over his left eye. “No signs of life. My chaos shield, powered by my chaos infusion, deflected his chaos blast.” Ekyt coughed out. “Remove your hand.” Tobor ordered. Ekyt did so, slowly. “My God…That must be where…no one could have…” Thunderhawk sputtered uncharacteristically. Ekyt’s left eye felt heavy. But it was underneath his eye that was the problem. A long, thin burn developed their.

“We should send him on medical leave.” “For how long?” “Forever.” Knuckles said suddenly. “We do not tolerate death. Our aim is to protect, not kill.” Ekyt forgot the pain in his eye. “You’re kidding. He killed himself! I’m only alive because of the chaos abilities!” Knuckles nodded. “I’m sorry…I just can’t think…Shadow, gone?”

Lien-Da and Kragok stood above Shadow. “Well played Shadow.” Kragok murmured. Shadow sat up. “Fools. They’ll rejoice, and let their guard down…Then it’ll be too late…”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 8:34:18 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(appears with a mile growl) I knew that would have been to easy! (snaps in annoyance) I knew he wasn't dead. Anyway. Great chapter. (slinks off to next chapter)

Flashthehedgehog on May 17, 2007, 3:25:35 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOh wow. To be honest I didn't believe that the ultimayte lifeform could be killed by chaod abilities either, but you know this is your story so *shrugs*