Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 31 - How Did THAT Happen???

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 31 - How Did THAT Happen???

Chapter 31 - How Did THAT Happen???
Ekyt smiled grimly. “Shadow…you’ve lost your focus. You could have won the war…you’ll never know just how close you were…instead, you kill me, and everyone else lives. Sounds like a hell of a deal to me.” “SHUT UP! YOU LITTLE BASTARD! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU! I’M GOING TO GRIND YOU INTO LITTLE BITS. I’M GOING TO RIP YOU DAMNED HEAD OFF!” “Inefficient Shadow. You’ve let your emotions run wild.” Ekyt’s calmness was pissing Shadow off, something they both knew. “Your army has been destroyed. Your only victory- a hollow one, whatever you pretend- would be my death. I’d gladly die for all of them, and you know that. So it’s not a victory is it.”

Ekyt was still suspended in mid air, but by chaos powers. His words were hitting home. No one could move or speak. They had seen so much in the years of war, most of it from Sonic and Knuckles. Now, the one that most WANTED dead, was dying to help them. Egging on their chief enemy, buying time.

Linda, Julie-Su, and Sally could only shake their heads. “It’s suicicde.” Sally muttered. “No…he’s a martyr.” Linda-Su said. Julie-Su shook her head. “No. He’s not dead yet. Either way, he’s a hero.”

Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles saw Ekyt floating, looking very calmly at Shadow, and speaking softly. They both blasted into Shadow, freeing Ekyt. As soon as he hit the ground, Ekyt was grabbed by Colin and Molly and dragged to safety.

Shadow looked around and realized he was defeated. “This isn’t possible…the ultimate life form…thousands of robots…destroyed…destroyed, but how?” Knuckles punched forward. “Chaos control!” Shadow said, quickly but sullenly. Sonic and Knuckles didn’t pursue him.

Ekyt was on one knee, panting. He seemed most unhurt, save for the cuts, bruises, and scrapes that were to be expected. He looked as though he had aged rapidly. Which, everyone was reminded, he probably had. True to his form, Ekyt refused medical help, or any help getting to his feet. Wearily, he stood up. Normally, everyone would have congratulated Sonic and Knuckles for saving the day. But no one dared. After what they had just seen him do, they had emerged from the war with a newfound respect, and subsequent fear, of Ekyt. No one could take abuse like that, no one would dare take a direct stab at Shadow’s past. But he had.

“Victory.” He said softly. His single word carried across the forest. A huge, deafening cheer went up.

Families were re-united, friends meeting again. The dead properly buried and mourned. All in all, it was a happy time. A time of closure. All those years of war and suffering had ended with the defeat of Shadow. King Sonic and Queen Sally took their rightful thrones to thunderous applause.

It seemed like Ekyt had been forgotten. He stood in the back of the ceremony, his left arm in a sling, his right arm holding a cane close to his leg. There was gauze under his eye, healing the scar from Shadow’s last Chaos Blast.

Ekyt remained stoic, but inside him, he felt like Rambo. He had been given this mission to fail. No one really expected him to succeed, and the fact that he HAD was just a bonus. He was angry suddenly, feeling that he had a right to be. He limped out of the hall where the celebration was being held. He wasn’t in the mood for it. His mood rapidly progressed from depression, to pain, to anger. He limped across the battlefield, the countless small crosses and hastily dug graves in his wake. With one arm, he managed to shimmy up the vine that would lead him back to Angel Island.

His wife, daughter, and (adopted) son were waiting for him. “All you did for them…and this is how they repay you.” Kurt said sadly. Paula looked at her mother. “Ekyt…honey…I’m not sure how to say this…um…” Ekyt reached for her hand. “Tell me. What’s wrong?”

Linda smiled at him. “I think I’m pregnant.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on August 2, 2007, 4:35:22 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWow, I wasn't expecting that, imagine if he was still on the vine. (If I'm correct it's a rope, and if I'm wrong, then never mind ^^"

Linda: I think I'm pregant
Eykt falls off Angel Island

alchemest1 on July 28, 2007, 1:01:22 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow. You weren't kidding this is unpredictable! I love it though. I think I found my new series to work my way through!