Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Episode 1

A new fic based on the old cartoon. With the new box set, I had to do something, and I've been wanting to do it anyway. So, no Floating Island, just the Freedom Fighters vs. Doctor R. Classic!

Chapter 1 - Episode 1

Chapter 1 - Episode 1
NOTE TO READERS: ANOTHER FIC? WHY IS THIS ONE DIFFERENT? IMAGINE A SONIC WORLD WITH THE ABSENCE OF THE FLOATING ISLAND AND ALL IT’S INHABITANTS. YOU’VE ENTERED THE WORLD OF THE OLD SONIC SATAM! THIS SERIES WILL BE MORE MILD THAN MY OTHER ONES.

-NG

“Yo, heavy metal heads! Wanna jam?” Sonic bounced off the swatbot’s head. It shot, forcing him to jump back. “Whoa! You guys are getting quicker!” Sonic raced between the trees, dodging the blasts. The swatbots all followed Sonic, trying to catch him, shoot him, anything.

Sally peered up from behind the bush that concealed her. “Nicole, show the most direct route to Robotnik’s main power factory!” she whispered urgently. “Processing…Image found Sally!” a female computer voice informed her. “Thank Nicole! Ready team?” Sally asked. “You bet your little ‘ol tail Ahm ready sugah!” Bunnie said happily. “Oui, mon Princess, but please, zink of zee risks!” Antoine pleaded. “Hands in.” Sally said, ignoring Antoine’s comment. Down, up, fists with thumbs up. “Let’s do it to it!” The Freedom Fighter slogan was uttered by Sally, before they rushed up to the wall. Bunnie threw a grappling hook up. She gave a hard, experimental tug, before motioning to the others to climb up.

One by one, Sonic destroyed the bots. A Sonic Spin took care of the last one. “Good riddance- huh?” Sonic looked across the pond, more swatbots firing. “Uh-oh, better speed keed!” Sonic raced up to one of the mountains that dotted the Great Forest. He was careful to keep away from Knothole Village. Robotnik could never find out where the Freedom Fighters lived. He hit the mountain. “Oof! Dead end! Now what?” That answer came a large boulder, perched above him, came flying down, hitting the swatbots. A figure peered down and gave a thumbs up before leaving. “Who was that?” Sonic wondered. “Figure it out later, I’d better juice to the others!”

Sally, Antoine, and Bunnie had their backs to the wall. “Any ideas?” Sally asked her two comrades. “Eef we give up, maybe they will let us live, oui?” Antoine said hopefully. “Well, as mah uncle used to say, ya’ll can’t just let yourself go. Gotta put up a fight!” “Right you are Bunnie!” Sonic ran in full speed, slicing the Swatbots in half with his quills. “You ready to jam on outta here?” Sonic asked, his foot tapping in impatience. Sally planted a small black box on the large metal box that held Robotnik’s power source. She activated it by pushing a small red button. “Now we’re ready!”

Tails waited anxiously for the others to return. He was eight years old, too young to fight in their eyes. Tails wanted nothing more than to be like his hero, Sonic. He saw them coming and ran out to greet them. “Sonic! Did you do it?” “You bet little bro!” Sonic treated Tails like a little brother. The other ran up, huffing and puffing behind Sonic. “Aunt Sally!” Tails exclaimed. “Oh, hi Tails!” She gave him the “funny kiss.” (What’s that, you ask. Kiss one cheek, kiss the other cheek, kiss the nose… … … What, I didn’t invent it! –NG) Rotor came out from his workshop. “Hi gang, how’d it go?” he asked. Rotor, a walrus/ sea lion (Depends on who you ask), was the brain trust of Knothole. “You tell us Rotor. Is Robotnik off-line?” Rotor checked his computer. “Part of Robotropolis is Sally.” He answered. Sonic would usually have made some crack about finishing the job, but he had something on his mind. “Hey Sal, does Nicole have a list of all the species on Mobius?” Sally checked Nicole. “Sure Sonic…but why do you ask?” “Well, I had a little help earlier, and it’s not someone we know.” Sally looked surprised. “Tails, Rotor, did either of you leave Knothole while we were gone?” Both shook their heads. “I was by the pond.” Tails said. “I was in my workshop the whole time, except for checking on Tails and making a snack.”

“Did you get a good look at him Sonic?” Sally asked. “Not really. It looked like he was wearing a long coat or something, though.” “That’s not anyone we know…whoever it was, if you see it again, catch up and try to talk to it.”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 10, 2007, 5:24:54 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow. Old school but still cool. I haven't thought about the old Sonic show or Mobius in forever. You got this down perfect. And why do i have a feeling i know who the helper was. Lol. Great chapter!

Flashthehedgehog on March 17, 2007, 3:00:44 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWow, it really feels like the old Sonic Comics, it's great to get back into the Retro ages. And Eykt as well. I can't believe no-ones commented yet either. This is in the faves list for sure.

nextguardian on March 17, 2007, 4:10:07 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThank you ^^ You're right about the response, not exactly what I thought. Oh well, As long as my regulars are reading it, no trouble ;)