Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Episode 4

A new fic based on the old cartoon. With the new box set, I had to do something, and I've been wanting to do it anyway. So, no Floating Island, just the Freedom Fighters vs. Doctor R. Classic!

Chapter 4 - Episode 4

Chapter 4 - Episode 4
Ekyt tossed his coat back. Surrender-now-and-the-Doctor-will-be-charitable-in-victory. A swatbot declared. Really? Ekyt said with mock wonder in his voice. Since hes never won, how would he know? But Ill tell you what, give me time to think it over. Ekyt threw his staff as a distraction before attacking, aiming low on one swatbot. He hit its knees (that hurt) and toppled it into the other one. Ekyt ran off.

Robotnik was watching on the monitor. Snively! How did that human escape my clutches? I really dont know sir. Snively answered meekly. Robotnik pounded his console, then stopped suddenly. He smiled nastily. Perhaps we should approach him in friendship Snively. After all, were all humans here.

Sonic put the girl down. Thanks for the lift. She said. Knothole village. Hmm. She said. Sonic, I- now who is THIS? Sally exclaimed/questioned. She was about to be roboticized, that Ekyt-dude rescued her. Where is he now? Sally asked. Present. Ekyt said from the corner. Nicole, scan. Scanning Sally&Data match: echidna: A long believed extinct species. Im Linda, if thats what your wondering. The girl echidna said, a little sarcasm in her voice. You okay? Ekyt asked. I couldve handled myself, thank! she snarled at him, giving him a shove. Ekyt looked mildly surprised. Whoa now, thats not nice at all sugah! Bunnie exclaimed. Come with me, Ill introduce yall around.

After she left with Bunnie, Sally turned to Ekyt. Im sorry I doubted you. She said. Dont worry about it. I get it a lot. It barely even registers anymore. Ekyt said. He turned to walk away. At Sallys nod, Sonic zipped ahead. Whoa, time out! Where are you headed? Ive gotta live somewhere. Im tired of running around, not living anywhere. Ekyt responded. Stay here! Youre one of us! No Im not. Im human, and& And what? Big Deal! Antoine is here, and were not sure what he is! Sonic said, laughing. I am a fox, zee noblest of all creatures! You are zee blue-furred, ow you say?&meatbell? Thats Meatball Twan.
Sally and Tails were sitting by the power ring pond, waiting for another ring. Aunt Sally, how come that girl was mean to Ekyt? Tails asked. Sally smiled at his innocence. Well Tails, she doesnt seem to know what to think. Give her time Speaking of time, its bed time. Awww! Sally gave him the Funny kiss- left cheek, right cheek, nose. Tails giggled and headed to bed.

Sonic slowed to a walk. You said you had a family Ekyt&if ya arent comfortable here, why not go back? Ekyt paused. I dont know whats become of them since I left. Some managed to escape to another planet. I&never knew what happened after. Sonic felt pretty bad. I know what its like, bud. Count your blessings Sonic. Ekyt said suddenly. What do ya mean? You have Tails, almost a brother, Sally, and a good group of friends. Things I never had. Things I cant hope to have. Im an outcast. No matter what good I do, people will find other reasons not to like me, or trust me. Ive been backstabbed more than once. Trust is something earned, as is respect. I have neither, I deserve neither. Sonic thought for a second. The Freedom Fighters are outcasts too! Were maybe ten in a planet of robots! Im the only hedgehog, Sallys the last Squirel&Chipmunk&both thing, Tails is the only two-tailed Fox, and Bunnies a cyborg. Compared to us, youre almost normal. Ekyt wanted to agree. I dont want to ruin your way of life. Ruin? You kidding? Robotnik did that, and you can help undo it! Whaddaya say pal? Freedom Fighter? Ekyt paused. Then stuck out his fist. Freedom Fighter.


Ah do declare girl, yallve stayed beautiful. Ill feel better once I was off that human slime. Linda said angrily. What is yall dont like about him sugah? Humans are the problem here. Not robots, the humans that created them. Hes no different. Shoog, hes fightin against them! How do you know? I dont trust him. Linda said stubborn. Well, why dont you get some rest? Sally came in. Linda, I have a quick question: Do you plan on staying here? Linda looked at her strangely. Thats hardly my decision. No. We need the help, youre welcome here, and you dont seem to like Robotnik. Plus, there are only two girls here! Bunnie and I are the ones with brains! We could always use another womans intuition.

Sonic ran up, Ekyt in two. Whoa, I heard that! Ive got a brain! Sally laughed. You? You dont use it. The two always bantered this way. Everyone, except them, could see they were a couple. Linda got up from the bed and walked over to Ekyt. Im sorry about the hard time I gave you earlier. Ekyt didnt answer. He was waiting for the other shoe to drop, which it did. But I dont take back what I said. You cant be trusted. Ekyt finally said something in his defense. Really? Im so glad I saved your life, then. I dont know what your deal is, but Im not going anywhere, and Im guessing you arent either. You can hate my guts, as long as you can work with me. We have a deal? Ekyt said. Everyone was surprised by his tone. You bet. Id shake your hand, but I dont want to catch the stupid bug that seems to have taken up residence in your mind. I never believed in cooties, but I do believe in ticks, and right now, youre tickin me off! Sally restrained Linda, while Sonic got between them. You two have some serious issues! Well work it out in the morning!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 10, 2007, 5:55:19 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Lol. This is a Linda I have only seen rarely. Lol. I LOVE the way she is. Lol. It is def. Different than what I'm used to. Lol