Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Episode 8

A new fic based on the old cartoon. With the new box set, I had to do something, and I've been wanting to do it anyway. So, no Floating Island, just the Freedom Fighters vs. Doctor R. Classic!

Chapter 8 - Episode 8

Chapter 8 - Episode 8
Ekyt laid by the waterfall, carefully hiding himself in the shadows. He felt naked without his coat, but Sonic knew more than he did about living here. The white shirt and red-and-blue shorts were comfortable, as were those new shoes, also blue and red. That anti-gravity function was helpful. He turned himself over on the grass, so he was on his back, staring up. He was staring up the snout of an angry Antoine.

“You will de-ue-l wiss me! For ze ‘onor of zee girl, leenda!” Antoine snarled. “What?! First of all, that’s no girl, that’s a witch! Second of all…” “A wee-tch? Zut alors, zat…zat eesn’t true?” “Of course not Antoine!” Linda was glaring at Ekyt. “I call ‘em like I see ‘em.” Ekyt said back. “It was Antoine’s idea to duel. I was against it, but now I think I’d enjoy it.” Antoine drew his sword. Ekyt jumped backward onto a log, snapping off a branch. Rotor was modifying his staff, so this would have to do.

“Whoa whoa whoa, cool it guys!” Sonic raced around Knothole, waking the others up. “Ma Stahs, what in Heaven’s nahme are they doin’?” Sally shook her head. “I’m not sure Bunnie…Oh My…They’re dueling!” “What! Get the hip-hop outta here! We don’t do that anymore!” Bunnie exclaimed. Antoine slashed at Ekyt. “Apparently, they do! Let’s go!”

“You’re nuts! You attack me in the middle of the night, and now I’m supposed to not fight back?!” Ekyt said, dodging another swipe. “I must make you suffair for zee dear girl’s ‘orrib-ley losses!” Bunnie’s arms grabbed them both. “Okay, I don’t know what’s happened here, but we’re going to talk this out. Antoine, you first. Come with me. You too Linda.” “Oui, my princess, at once!” “Sure thing.”

Ekyt snapped the twig over his knee. “Bro, I’ve got the feeling that you were as surprised as I was.” Sonic said. “No kidding! I’m assuming guard duty isn’t always like this?” “Ant takes things to the extreme a lot. Don’t take it personally.” “Don’t worry about it.” Ekyt’s tone was calm, but it was clear he was uncomfortable. “C’mon Sugah, let’s take a quick walk…”

“…And that is why I did it, Princess! For zee onor! For zat ‘retched ‘oodlum, ee is, ow you say… a barb?” “That’s a “boob” Antoine. Attacking someone in the middle of the night is a sure way to get hurt…or worse. I don’t want to hear about this again. And Linda, I understand. I really do. But I don’t blame Sonic for what happened to my father…Let the past rest…”

“Thanks Bunnie. It means a lot that you and Sonic, and Tails too, accept me. I know I’m really not wanted. But respect is something earned. And I’ll earn it.” “Now your talkin’ sugah! We’d better shuffle on back to Knothole, the Princess’ll want to hear your side of the story.”

“He attacked me. I didn’t hit him, I didn’t try to. I just dodged and blocked. And, I know this girl hates me, and I understand why. But I have enough regret to deal with.” Sally looked at him curiously. “Please, continue.” “I haven’t slept decently in since that incident happened. I’ve been working so hard to fix things…It’s never enough Sally. I deserve to be roboticized, I know it, and I’ve been reminded of it by them every day.” “It’s not going to happen again. We’re a team here. And I’ve been less than friendly myself. But that’s going to change. Because we need all the help we can get, and you’re the man for the job.” Sally got up. “That, and Bunnie would pine if you left!” “Sally-girl, I do declah, ya’ll shouldn’t be sayin’ that! Pardon me Sugah!” Bunnie ran laughing after Sally. Sonic jumped up in the window. “And they say boys are weird…Are the human girls like this?” Sonic asked. Ekyt stifled a laugh. “Interesting question. They usually hate me on site because I’m different. Where I come from, the “bad” girls like the “good” guys, and the “good guys” Like the “bad girls.” I still don’t get that one!”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 10, 2007, 6:30:39 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Lol. Nice. I love the fact that he rolls over and finds himself in a duke of supposed honor. And your statement at the end is usually true although i'm terrifded either way. Lol.

Flashthehedgehog on April 28, 2007, 12:08:02 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogLol. True. Where I come from, bad boys like bad girls that are not frigid.

nextguardian on April 28, 2007, 12:26:14 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThe girls went for the stupid guys in the high school I went to. Because the stupid guys didn't like me, the girls weren't fans of me either. But it's just as well, I've got no interest in shallowness (if that's a word, lol).