Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Episode 9

A new fic based on the old cartoon. With the new box set, I had to do something, and I've been wanting to do it anyway. So, no Floating Island, just the Freedom Fighters vs. Doctor R. Classic!

Chapter 9 - Episode 9

Chapter 9 - Episode 9
Ekyt knew Bunnie wasn’t in love with him. He was happy to have her on his side though. It meant a lot…more than anyone could know… As least they had cleared that up before she broke his heart. A girl like her had other options, most better than a scrawny human kid.

“Later, bot brains! Huh? M-M-Muttski? Is that you?” Sonic was face to face with his dog. Except his dog had been roboticized. “I thought I’d never see you again! C’mere boy!” Muttski snapped at Sonic. “That’s it! I need backup! I’m not leaving you again!” Sonic hit the radio in his backpack.

“Sal! Come in Sal!” Sonic’s voice said over the radio. “Go ahead Sonic, I read you!” “I’ve found Muttski! I need help bringing him back!” “Forget it Sonic!” “No! I can’t leave him again Sal!” Sally understood that Robotnik had caused them all pain, so maybe that explained her answer. “I’ll send someone.”

“There is being no-way!” Antoine yelled. “I couldn’t catch Muttski…” Rotor said sadly. “I don’t know Robotropolis well enough, and Sally is to important to risk, and Bunnie is patrolling!” Linda finished. “That leaves me.” Ekyt said, grinning slightly. “I’ll do it. Tell Sonic to hold on, I’ll find him.” Tails flew up. “Wait, take this with you! Sonic might need it…” Tails handed Ekyt a power ring. He tucked it into his pocket. “Thanks. I’ll be back.” “Please, don’t depress us!” Linda yelled after him.

Ekyt zipped toward Robotropolis, Linda’s words still ringing in his ears. He spotted Sonic and snuck up behind Muttski. He wrestled the dog to the ground, forcing one of the power rings into it’s mouth. Muttski laid down for Sonic. “Thanks man!” Swatbots were aiming their weapons at Ekyt and Sonic. Ekyt kicked up a cloud of dust. “Go! I’ll keep the ‘bot’s busy!” Ekyt dashed forward, hitting one of the swatbots with his staff. After the destruction of a few of them, Ekyt found himself surrounded. “Drop-your-weapon-freedom-fighter.” Ekyt looked around for a way out. He didn’t see any. He dropped his staff and sank to his knees, his hands behind his back. “Bring-him-to-the-Doctor.” The lead swatbot commanded.

Sonic hit the pile of hay at the bottom of the slide to Knothole Village. “Quick, we’ve got to make sure he stays on our side!” Uncle Chuck looked at Muttski. “I’ve got just the idea…But I’ll need two power rings, which means twenty-four hours. We should keep him contained for now, just in case.

Ekyt marched along the corridor, taking mental pictures of everything. He was pushed roughly inside. “Sir! We-have-captured-a-freedom-fighter!” Robotnik spun around in his chair to face Ekyt. “Excellent work 100214! You and 20042 stay, keep your weapons on him, the rest of you, go and search where you found him.” Robotnik walked around Ekyt. “So, you’re the one who I observed destroying my robots. Well, well, well, we should be on the same side it seems.” “I missed that part.” Ekyt replied indifferently. “Well, you have your choice. Join me, or be roboticized.” Ekyt closed his eyes. “You’re going to have to roboticize me. I’d never join you of my own free will.” “Brave words…very brave…yes, you’ll serve me well. Roboticize him!”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 10, 2007, 6:43:09 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1That is kind of cool that Sonic gets his dog back. Anyway. EKYT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO GET CAUGHT! YOU CAN'T LET HIM GET ROBOTISIZED! (growls and hackles raised)

Flashthehedgehog on May 6, 2007, 11:40:23 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogAh great chapter. I'd like to let you know that I am also anxious for Eykt's life and that I wasn't going to just put "good chapter" on there when someone's on the verge of dying *winks*

nextguardian on May 7, 2007, 2:05:41 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI appreciate that!