Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Episode 10

A new fic based on the old cartoon. With the new box set, I had to do something, and I've been wanting to do it anyway. So, no Floating Island, just the Freedom Fighters vs. Doctor R. Classic!

Chapter 10 - Episode 10

Chapter 10 - Episode 10
“C’mon Unc, times-a-wastin’!” Sonic tapped his foot impatiently. “Take it easy Sonny, I’ve almost got it…there! Put that on Muttski!” “Allow me Chuckie!” Bunnie held Muttski as he growled and snarled. “Easy boy, I’m not gonna hurt you…” Sonic slipped the collar on. Muttski shook for a moment, then straightened out, tail thumping the ground, tongue out. “Muttski! Oh man, I missed you! C’mere boy!” Muttski gratefully licked Sonic. Rotor tapped his chin. “Hey, where’d Ekyt go?” Sonic slapped his head. “Oh man! I forgot! He told me to go, he’d take care of the swatbots!” “NOW you tell us? Sonic, he could be roboticized by now!” “What a pity.” Linda muttered flatly. “Per’aps it is for the best, nes pas? Could we reely trust zee species of Robotnik?” “Stuff it Ant!” Sonic, Bunnie, and Sally said as one.

Ekyt stood motionless as the robots strapped him in. “Last chance to join me of your own free will.” Robotnik said menacingly. “No. I’ll take this upright, like a man. I hope you choke on the oil that runs through your veins. I hope your metallic heart bursts at the seams. And I hope your stomach outgrows your legs, so when the Freedom Fighters get you, you have nowhere to run.” “GRR! Roboticize him!” The glass case desended, encasing Ekyt. The electricity began to hum…

“I’ve gotta juice!” Sonic declared. “Sonic, be careful.” “Ah’m coming too! Heaven knows that this is a tall order.” “You’re just going because you’re hot for him.” Linda muttered. Bunnie tackled her. “Ya’ll better start talkin’ nicer, or ah’ll…” “Bunnie! I’ll deal with her, you go with Sonic.” “If ya’ll say so Sally-girl. Let’s go sugah-hog!” “Right! Hold on Bunnie! Time to juice and cut it loose!”

The roboticization process ended. Ekyt lifted an arm. It was…flesh? Robotnik seemed to have noticed too. “Snively! What went wrong?!” Snively gulped and tapped at the computer console. “It seems his human features stop him from being roboticized, sir.” Robotnik pounded on the glass. Ekyt formed a quick plan. As Robotnik’s fist came down, Ekyt’s foot flashed up, hitting the same spot. The glass cracked. Ekyt rammed his shoulder into it. The glass broke. Ekyt scrambled out. “GET HIM! GET HIM! I WANT THAT HEDGE- ,er ,HUMAN!!!” Ekyt ran for it, dodging the swatbots. He used one as a springboard into the ventilation shafts. He was so tired… No, he had to keep going. But his legs wouldn’t obey his brain… It looked like the roboticization had an adverse effect on his body.

“Bunnie, can you open that cover?” “Sure thing!” Bunnie tore the hinges off. “Right. We’ve gotta hurry! No telling what Robuttnik has done to him by now…”

Ekyt crawled on his elbows and knees. If he was going to die, it wasn’t going to be in some stupid air duct. He planned to take out Robotropolis with him. Then he heard the tell-tale WHOOSH! That signaled Sonic’s arrival.

Sonic met Ekyt in the duct. “Whoa, bro, you’re not metal!” “No. But something happened. My energy is sapped everytime I move.” “C’mon, let’s go back to Knothole.” “No! I’m going to take out half of Robotropolis. I’m worthless as a fighter.” Ekyt moved for the air duct’s vent. “Bunnie, stop him!” Bunnie’s mechanical arm grabbed Ekyt. “Ah’m sorry sugah, but ah can’t let you do that.” “Let me go. I’ve felt guilty every day for what happened with Linda’s parents. I can make it right.” “Not if you get lost in the process! Uncle Chuck and Rotor can fix you!” “C’mon, ya’ll can do it.” “What’s the point? Besides, I’d be more valuable taking out this place.” That wasn’t what Ekyt really meant to say. It wasn’t far from the truth, he knew that though. “He’s delirious. We’re going to have to use force!” Sonic grabbed his power ring. “That’s it! Sonic, put the ring on him like a collar. It worked for Muttski!” Bunnie exclaimed. “Rad idea Bunnie!” The ring slid over Ekyt’s neck. He shook his head, like someone had dumped a bucket of ice on him. “Thanks! Let’s get out of here!”

Bunnie held onto Sonic as they raced away. Ekyt kept up. “It must be the power ring. Only you can trigger it’s powers, right? You somehow channeled it into me!” Ekyt ran with them. He spotted a camera belonging to Robotnik. “Here’s to you regime, lord lard!” Ekyt ran up and kicked the orb, sending it spinning. Snively hurled over the side of the computer. “Blast them! Mark my words! They’ll pay!” Robotnik yelled.

They slid into the hay. “Aw. He’s alright.” Linda observed. Ekyt reached his breaking point. “Listen, I did what I could. I don’t see you risking your little pink neck! So lay off!” His voice wasn’t the only one. “Ah declah, Ah’m sick of hearin’ you rip into him!” Bunnie snarled. Sally jumped between them. “Ekyt, Sonic briefed me. Go to Rotor’s lab. Bunnie, stop kicking! Linda, enough with the comments!”

“You seem to be fine. Just keep that ring on for a day.” Rotor told Ekyt. “Thanks.” He looked downcast. “Aw, cheer up buddy. I know!” Rotor handed him his staff. “I’m done modifying it. I magnetized one end, and loaded it with iron ore. That’ll take out any swatbots, no problem!” Ekyt gave it an experimental swing. “Thanks Rotor.” He still sounded downcast. “What’s the matter?” Uncle Chuck asked. “It’s that echidna girl. She reminds me of what happened to her parents. I see why she hates me. But it’s starting to get to me. I snapped back at her, and I shouldn’t have. I made my bed, I should lay in it.” Chuck put a hand on his shoulder. “Robotnik made that bed, you shouldn’t have to lay in it. You saved her life, that’s one more person left to fight. You could have saved no one and even lost yourself.” Ekyt understood the logic. “I’ll feel better once things get cleared up. I should apologize anyway.”

“Pardon me.” Ekyt said. Antoine drew his sword. “You wish furthair ‘arm to er? You weel ‘aff to go through me!” “Chill out. I’m here to apologize. I shouldn’t have said anything back.” “You’re right.” Linda told him. “You messed up, and you know it. And you’ll mess up again. Too bad you didn’t get roboticized.” Ekyt turned away, walking crisply. His path took him to the pond. Bunnie had guard duty tonight. “Want company?” Ekyt asked her. “Sure! I figured you would be tired after all that happened today.” He gazed at the star-lined sky. “Thanks…for standing up for me. It means a lot.” The man behind the mask didn’t have the usual rigid voice. This one was more light, heart-felt. “Well, Ya’ll got a raw deal.” Bunnie looked skyward too. “Clear night. The pollution hasn’t reached here yet. Hope it stays that way.” Ekyt’s reply was obviously not his real thinking. “It wasn’t your fault. Her parents an’ all.” Bunnie told him. “Yeah. You can’t help all of the people all of the time.” “Ya’ll can’t have the world on your shoulders either. Don’t you worry none ‘bout her. She’ll come around. Ya’ll got your charms.” “Anyone would be happy to call you a friend Bunnie.” Bunnie suddenly looked apologetic. “Ah’m sorry these feelins didn’t turn out to be love. You’ll meet the right girl, ah’m sure.” Ekyt laughed, pulling his mask off. “Not likely. The humans don’t like me either. It’s not just echidnas. I’m not the type that’s easy to get along with, I guess.” Bunnie kissed him on the cheek. “You’ll figure it out some day and…mah stahs! You’re redder than mah uncle’s tomatoes!” Ekyt felt his face. “Sorry about that. Just my first…” “First kiss? A cute lil’ thing like you?” “Yeah. Although the cute part might be disputed.” “You’ll find your place honey.” Ekyt turned his gaze skyward again. “I hope so Bunnie. Oh well. Goodnight.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 10, 2007, 6:58:04 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Dido to Flash mate! Oh and stupid Robuttnic doesn't he know the robotisizer doesn't work on humans? He should. Lol I guess when your head is full of lard you can't know anything. Lol.

Flashthehedgehog on May 10, 2007, 4:10:22 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogNow that is a good chapter. Completely awesome!