Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Keeping up Appearances

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 6 - Keeping up Appearances

Chapter 6 - Keeping up Appearances
Elise and Linda…in a matter of two days…

Ekyt felt like he had been hit in the stomach…with a brick…a sharp brick that was on fire…He just didn’t think he could deal with this. But he had to; He wasn’t going to let Elise down. One kiss with her, then a hug with the other one. He was sure one of them was the one. Even though he was still young, Ekyt had already formed his opinion about the world, and it wasn’t likely to change. Humans (With few exceptions) had turned their backs on him, he could easily reciprocate.

He decided to check out the forest, feeling he had to get away from everything for a while. He had little to do as a “ruler” anyway, Soleanna all but ran itself. He made it out of the forest, to a beach he hadn’t known was there. He heard a cry for help. He saw the “Soleanna Boys” trapped by a series of robots. Ekyt dove into action:

(NOTE: IF YOU’VE PLAYED THE GAME THIS IS BASED ON (SONIC THE HEDGEHOG for XBOX 360 and PS3), THEN YOU KNOW EKYT IS ABOUT TO GET HIS FIRST LEVEL BASED ON A VIDEO GAME! SO…

Wave Ocean

Ekyt ran along the sand near the water. Palm trees dotted the landscape. He jumped over a small hill, encountering his first enemies. Three robots, standing near boxes. Ekyt kicked one, using that one as a springboard to the next robot. The last one was near the water. Ekyt pushed it in. He looked down and saw he had a long drop, followed by a set of loops. He looked around for something that would help. He saw that some parts of the robot left gold behind when they were destroyed. Ekyt put them into the bottom of his shoe. The shoes took the power in. Ekyt ran straight down, and then around the loops. He had never felt so free! The wind through his hair and all that jazz…it was actually true.

Ekyt saw a couple more robots, floating above him. He needed to get up on that ledge, but how? He saw his answer in the form of a spring (From the Sonic Games). He bounced on it, reaching the ledge. The two robots moved menacingly toward him. Ekyt threw his staff at the one in front, knocking it into the other one. They collided and exploded, leaving more gold for Ekyt. Good thing. He had a set of docks he had to run across to reach those kids, and, much like Sonic, he wasn’t the greatest swimmer. He backed up and jumped, running at full speed, hitting the dock safely. The dock he had been on before was suddenly SWALLOWED (!) by a humongous shark. “Oh man! What is going on today?!?!” Ekyt yelled. Then he decided it might be a good idea to run. He saw a weird, treadmill-looking pad. (Sonic gamers will know it as a speed booster) Not knowing why, Ekyt stepped on it. He shot forward incredibly quick. He hit another one, then another, and another, each time narrowly avoiding the shark.

He saw a spring and decided to hit it, seeing where it sent him. Before he could do that, the shark had a hold of his coat. “Leggo!” Ekyt punched the shark in the nose (What you’re actually supposed to do to stop from getting eaten, lol). It let go and swam off.
Now he had to figure out how to reach those kids. There was a vine, but it looked pretty sturdy. It wasn’t that far of a fall, so Ekyt climbed on. “Hang on!” he shouted, as much to himself as to the kids. He grinded down in (Just like in your Sonic games), leaping off and hitting a spring. He saw himself aimed for a wall. It wasn’t a showdown he was going to win. In desperation, he put his legs and staff out and pushed just as he hit the wall, sending himself flying toward the beach. He dug his staff in as he landed, kicking the robot into one of it’s friends. He scooped up the gold it had left, and stuffed it into his shoe. “Cover your eyes gang!” Ekyt ran in circles, kicking up sand. The distraction worked. “You guys head back to town, I’ll make sure these things don’t follow you.” The “Soleanna Boys” ran for it.

Ekyt waited for the sand to die down. A strike from the robot knocked him backward. Ekyt aimed low and heard his staff connect with a “CLANG!” of wood meeting metal. The robot went down. Ekyt thrust his staff like a spear and drove it home, eliminating that robot. He swung it around and watched as it flew off his staff, hitting it’s companions. The three went off the cliff. “Time to go home.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on May 24, 2007, 8:38:46 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGreat action scene. How weird is the Sonic universe.

alchemest1 on May 24, 2007, 4:35:05 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Yay! Yet another great chapter. I love the way you incorperated the games story line but still managed to keep it your own style. (tips hat in respect bows and winks with approval.) keep them coming. I still love them.