Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - (Not) Letting Go...

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 7 - (Not) Letting Go...

Chapter 7 - (Not) Letting Go...
Ekyt slunk back into town, tired from the fight. He knew he wouldn’t sleep, regardless. Between the pressure of being an impromptu ruler, and the pain over Elise and Linda both deserting him, Ekyt slumped into a deep depression. He climbed up into the castle, realizing he wanted to leave Soleanna. It was a nice place, but it held too many memories.

But he couldn’t leave. He felt obligated to help out until Elise was back. He looked out the window, as if he could find an answer out there. It was another perfect day. And Ekyt saw it get even better. Sonic was leading the group back, carrying Elise. Ekyt’s spirits brightened. He could leave!

Sonic and Elise were inside the hall that held the tiny flame that was left of Solaris. Elise looked at it, then shook her head. “I can’t Sonic. If I blow this out, it’ll be like this never happened. I’ll have never met you.” “Elise, there’s no choice, we have to stop this disaster from ever happening.” Elise shook her head again. “I can’t do it! Let’s talk to Ekyt…it’s only fair…”

“Don’t do it.” Ekyt advised. Sonic looked surprised. “I’d love to forget everything, but it’s not a good idea. That would leave Soleanna defenseless. And I don’t think you want to forgot each other.” He said the last part in a friendly manner. He looked tired, and stressed. “You okay bud?” “Just tired.” Ekyt said, forcing a grin. “Elise, I’m glad everyone is safe. It’s a relief, especially since your people missed you. They’re a great bunch.” Ekyt got up, pushing with his staff. “It was nice meeting you Sonic. And your friends. Best of luck to all of you.” Ekyt made his way briskly down the stairs. Sonic blasted past him. “And where are you going?” Ekyt shrugged. “I was just going home to get some rest. I haven’t slept in three days.” Sonic gave him a suspicious look, but said nothing.

“He’s gonna leave Elise.” Sonic informed her. “What? “ “He’s gonna leave. I can tell.” Elise shook her head. “Can Shadow stop him?” Sonic grinned. “I think so. But I’ll double check.”

Ekyt thanked the stand owner for the drink. Soleanna didn’t have alcohol (Not that Ekyt would have drank it anyway), but this thing they called a “Soleanna breeze” was great. He heard a sound behind him. He kept drinking, paying no attention. He finished, draining the glass, and turned to leave, only to find that black hedgehog…Shadow, that was his name…in his was. “Pardon me.” Ekyt stepped to the side and walked down the narrow alleyway. Shadow re-appeared in front of him. “The Princess wants me to make sure you stay.” Ekyt considered this. “Sorry. I’m leaving. This place holds too many memories.” Ekyt tried to walk by, but Shadow stuck an arm out. “I think you’re misunderstanding me. I’m not asking, I’m TELLING.” Shadow tried to grab Ekyt by the shirt. “Forget it. I’m not fighting you Shadow.” Ekyt still had some gold from the robots, and he stuffed it into his shoe now. He blasted off, running along the side of buildings. Shadow skated along with him.

Elise and Sonic observed this from the castle. “Sonic, please, stop him!” Sonic tapped his foot. “Okay. You hang here.” Sonic took off, gathering speed.

Ekyt jumped across to the other side of the buildings hitting an awning, then running across a bridge. Sonic caught up. “Hey bud, the Princess wants you!” Ekyt kept running. “I’m leaving.” He called back flatly. “I don’t want to have to stop you…” Sonic warned. Ekyt responded by running faster. Sonic did too.

Ekyt was a huge stone wall. His lips thinning in concentration, he pushed off hard toward the wall, jumping, his legs crouching as he hit the wall. He bounced off and hit the ground running. Sonic ran up the wall and back down. He was just keeping pace with the human until Shadow showed up.

Shadow skated toward Ekyt, angry that he had gotten away. The chase led them to the town square. Shadow reached out and grabbed Ekyt’s coat, knocking him off-balance enough to make him fall. He jumped on, grabbing Ekyt. Ekyt twisted, rolling onto his feet. Before he could make a break for it, Shadow tackled him again. Ekyt grimaced in pain as his ankle was twisted for sure. “Now just come quietly.” Shadow threatened. Ekyt leaned on his staff to get to his feet. “Fine. But I’m not staying. I’ve got things to do.” Ekyt snarled.

Elise sat, worried, with Rouge and Linda. “Don’t worry honey, they’ll be fine.” Rouge told her. They had watched the high-speed chase. Linda nodded in agreement. “Those three are tough.” They turned as Ekyt hobbled in. Sonic and Shadow flanked him on either side. Ekyt was looking daggers at Shadow. Elise and Linda stood up at the same time. “I’m glad you’re okay!” Elise told Ekyt with a smile. “Who’s okay? I’m tired and my leg hurts like hell, and your lackeys here won’t let me leave!” Ekyt shot back, furious at the situation. “Easy Tiger. Aren’t you curious as to what happened?” Linda asked. “No.” Ekyt returned flatly. “I’m interested in leaving this place and the memories it created behind.” Everyone seemed taken aback that their normally good-natured friend was this angry. Elise and Linda both felt guilty; the two of them leaving him hadn’t helped him.

“Where do you plan to go if you leave?” Elise asked gently. “Why does it matter? I’ve done some good here, now I’ll go do good at another place that needs me…” “We need you here.” Elise said. “No you don’t. There are plenty of capable fighters here.” Ekyt gave a stern look around the room before hobbling out.

Linda got up. “I’m going to talk to him. It’s my fault he’s like this.” “No, it’s mine.” Elise said. “I broke up with him.” They said as one. Then they exchanged glances. “Both of us…and then…oh boy. I think I understand why he wants to leave.” Linda said, gauging the looks around the room before continuing. “That doesn’t mean I’m going to let him.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on June 4, 2007, 1:04:21 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogBrilliant chapter. Sometimes I don't even have reasons for my depression that I get. It's horrible, feel for ya Eykt.

alchemest1 on June 3, 2007, 9:03:20 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Sweet. Yet another great chapter for the series. I love it.