Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Prisoner of Peace

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 8 - Prisoner of Peace

Chapter 8 - Prisoner of Peace
A fat guard with glasses kept watching Ekyt, who was getting progressively more annoyed. “You should know those weapons are illegal.” The guard said in a strict tone. “You should know you’re full of crap.” Ekyt returned, pleasantly. “Don’t insult me peasant!” Ekyt stepped up to him. “Is that a threat?” “You could say that.” The guard answered snottily, his upper lip twisted in a strange smirk. “You go ahead and try fat boy. See where it gets you.” The guard apparently took offense to that and swiped at Ekyt. Ekyt didn’t move, save for tilting his head away. His right fist sunk through a layer of blubber in the guard’s stomach, hitting something like muscle, before he pulled it back out, leaving the guard lying.

More guards came running. “How dare you?! He was our leader!” “Get bent.” Ekyt retorted flatly. The two guards exchanged glances. No one talked like that in Soleanna. Ekyt shook his head. “Okay, I’ll leave you to figure that out.” Morons.

Ekyt’s leg felt better, so he gingerly stretched it. Perfect. He tapped his foot a couple of times. No pain. Good. Now he could leave. “Hey.” Ekyt felt a hand on his shoulder. He ducked quickly and turned around, his fists raised. It was Linda. “Oh. Sorry.” Linda gave him a questioning look. “Are…you okay?” “Yeah, foot’s better.” Ekyt replied tightly. He had turned to the side, keeping his head toward her. “Not thinking of leaving, are you?” She asked brightly. “No. I AM leaving, no thinking involved.” “Hold on there! Why on earth do you want to leave? It’s great here!” “Matter of opinion.” He stated simply. She looked down. “I’m really sorry about this…” Ekyt had heard that line before. Before he could move, Silver’s telekinesis had him trapped.

Elise stood up as Ekyt was marched into the room. The room was a favorite of hers; bright and sunny, white and marble with high ceilings. “Thank you so much Silver!” “My pleasure Princess.” He let Ekyt go. Ekyt spun around, his eyes wide, like a cornered cat. He tackled Silver, ramming him into the wall. Ekyt’s leg swung up and cracked Silver in the jaw. “Wrong move freak.” “Please, don’t hurt him! He was only acting on my wishes.” Elise admitted. “I figured.” Ekyt spat, walking toward the door. He was met by Sonic and Shadow. Ekyt narrowed his eyes, before spinning backward away from them, hitting Silver. No one made a move for a few moments. “Stay.” One word that echoed throughout the room.

“I’ll make you a deal.” Ekyt announced. “Leave me alone, and I’ll stay. I’m not stupid.” He wasn’t sure where this was coming from. “I’m tired of being jerked around. I’m sick of being tortured by my own thoughts and insecurities night after night. Not to brag, but a lesser man than me would have cracked. I’m eighteen, and I’m not happy unless I’m the hero. But there’s one problem: I’m not. I’m not a hero. I’ve been a mock-ruler, and I’ve been at the right place at the right time, but the fact is I’m not a hero. I’m a foreigner here who doesn’t belong.” Elise stood up. “It’s my fault isn’t it? That fortune…” “Fate is fate Elise…I don’t blame you…you and I know what that fortune meant, and I want you to have the best life possible.” He turned to Linda. “That’s why I want to leave. I’m a curse. I’m the kiss of death. I kiss Elise once, she gets kidnapped. I give you a hug, you almost get killed by this “Mephiles” whatever-it-is. The common denominator is me. That fortune predicted my pain. Maybe that wasn’t my arm or leg, or losing two girls that I was never “with” in the first place. Maybe it meant the guilt I’d feel about the pain I’d caused.”

Sonic, who had been listening quietly, piped up. “Why don’t we vote? Who wants him to stay?” Everyone but Silver and Shadow raised their hands. “You’re not the kiss of death pal. You’ve been here a few days, and you’ve already got the whole town looking up to you. Don’t throw it away.” Elise gave Sonic a squeeze. To Ekyt’s surprise, Linda did the same.

Ekyt didn’t know what to think. He agreed to at least stay another day, to sort things out. The highlight: A goodnight kiss from Linda.

NEXT ISSUE: EKYT AND LINDA ADMIT THEIR FEELINGS TO EVERYONE EXCEPT EACH OTHER! ELISE AND EKYT CLEAR THE AIR, AND A FIGHT BREAKS OUT!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on June 12, 2007, 8:13:28 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGood chapter, sorry it took so long for me to read. I like your blurb at the end though. "and a fight breaks out" the best bit of the story lol

alchemest1 on June 9, 2007, 7:26:59 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Yet another great chapter! I love this story! Keep it coming. ^_^ You are definitly my favorite Sonic/Ekyt writer...well i guess the only Ekyt writer. Lol

nextguardian on June 12, 2007, 4:36:59 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThank you^^ That means alot!