Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Strictly Taboo

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 10 - Strictly Taboo

Chapter 10 - Strictly Taboo
Ekyt struggled to stay upright. He didn’t picture himself dying this way…then again, he didn’t picture himself in a strange love…what the hell was it anyway? A love octagon now? Ekyt was hanging onto the guard rail, staring with intesnse hatred back at Eggman. “If my time is now, so be it. But I will sell my life at a high price Eggman.” Ekyt managed to get his arms up into a guard. He saw his staff, just out of his reach. A sudden surge of dizziness caused him to fall down to one knee. His staff looked like it was on a bungee cord. He managed to reach out and grab it, swing it into the legs of the three nearest robots. He saw the tell-tale glint of gold. Gold could mean life to him. Struggling to his feet one more time, he managed to make a falling grab at the gold, stuffing it into his shoe. In his condition, the speed he was going to hit was just as likely to kill him as one of Eggman’s mechs. But at least he’d dictate the terms of his last few moments. Eggman, seeing what was about to happen, ordered his robots to pursue Ekyt.

Soleanna’s landscape morphed into a blur as Ekyt ran, his arm behind him now. He saw a possible way of winning. Lenghtening his stride, he sped up, aiming for a mirror. The Soleanna mirrors were special. They could transport you to another place. Ekyt didn’t know or care where that mirror lead. But he was going to make it.

Linda, Elise, and Rouge felt the rush as they ran by. “Sonic? No, that’s…Ekyt? What on earth?” Elise narrowed her eyes, squinting to make out the blur. Ekyt had three strides on the robots, and six on Eggman, who had his personal transport join the chase. “Sonic! Please, help him!” Elise yelled to Sonic, hoping he would hear her. “C’mon kid, zig, zag!” Rouge was punching in the air, shouting instructions. Linda was silent. “Rest in Peace.” She said somberly, figuring this was the end for him.

I haven’t even figured him out yet! Is he in love with me? Elise? Rouge? But he just shot down Rouge! And Elise dropped him! Wait, so did I! But that was different! Damn, I’m so confused…I guess it won’t matter. He can’t hold out for long…unless he gets help… Linda sprinted past Elise and Rouge. “Are you crazy, you’ll never stand a chance! Better him than you!” Rouge called. She’s got it bad…C’mon Linda, you can do it…

Ekyt saw the mirror. He ran faster, his leg throbbing, the trail of blood behind him broadening. That concussion was taking it’s toll. He managed to slide just before the mirror. In went the robots…and Eggman! Without thinking, Ekyt swung his staff into the mirror, smashing it.

Linda saw him smash the mirror and cheered inwardly. Until she saw the robots from behind. Ekyt saw one of them in a shard of broken glass. He picked it up and, spinning, threw it. He flipped himself over; he was so unstable. Linda ripped two of the robots to ribbons. The last one was coming at her from behind. Ekyt struggled to his feet and jumped, planting both feet into it’s “Chest” He landed hard on his back, but managed to knock the mech back into the water, where it exploded. He dove in front of Linda as a piece of metal flew back in. It struck him in the back. He managed to stay up until Linda moved. Then he just let himself fall. “My God! I’ll get help.” “No.” Ekyt’s voice was sharp. Wincing, he crawled to his staff and pulled himself up. “I’ll walk. I don’t need help. But…thanks for the save…” he said to Linda. “Where are you going to go?” “Back to my sleeping area. I can’t call it home…”

“Elise!” Linda ran up breathless. “I saw…the fortune came true…almost…The great pain he was supposed to feel…Now he;s supposed to find love.” “Not likely. He hates everyone! He doesn’t want to be here. And…I don’t think I love him…the fortune must be wrong…” Elise looked at her sympathetically. “Maybe the fortune didn’t mean you Linda. It could have been anyone. Don’t worry yourself. If you don’t love him, I’m sure he’ll understand…”

“I don’t understand a damn thing!” Ekyt had been lucky. The bullet had just nicked his ankle, not penetration. The concussion was mild. His back had been destroyed by that piece of metal, though, and the scar across his forehead that lead down under his eye didn’t seem to want to stop bleeding. He sat there alone, wondering why he had decided to come here. And wondering how he had managed to fall so far. From being the sweetheart of a princess to lying in a sewer, hiding from the world. Moodily, he wound a bandage around his torso, then his ankle. That left the gash across his face. What could he do about that?

He climbed up out of the sewer grate, still depressed. He thought he saw Elise coming, so he dove back into the hole. This was pathetic. He was hiding from a fifteen-year-old girl who had never harmed a fly?

Ekyt climbed up, and immediately felt the whoosh (!) of Sonic’s arrival. “How ya feeling pal?” “What does it matter?” Ekyt answered, then sighed. “I’m sorry Sonic. I just don’t have an idea what to do right now. If I had some idea of how Linda felt about me, I could at least clear that up.” Sonic tapped his shoe. “I’ll tell you what I told Elise. If you have time to worry, run. C’mon, let’s take a run.”

“Let’s check this place out. I cruised through here, and it’s pretty cool! See if you can keep up!” Sonic blasted ahead through the snow of the White Acropolis (Level in the game). Ekyt ran after him. The two of them kicked up snow. “You know, you’re doing pretty good for yourself!” Ekyt called over to Sonic. “What can I say? I live right! I’ve got to thank you for stopping Elise from blowing out Solaris’ flame. This is the kind of thing I want to remember!” Sonic jumped up, which gave him more of a speed boost. “Watch out up here! There’s a lot of big snowballs. If you run into one of those things, it’ll leave a mark!” “Thanks for the warning!”

Ekyt was starting to see why Sonic liked to run all the time. It was really…free. While he was attempting to keep up with Sonic, his thoughts drifted back to Linda. We’re at a stalemate…One of us has to say something…If I can fight robots, I can talk to his girl, right? But what about her and I being together? Why do I even care what anyone thinks, I never did before! If I decide by the end of the run that I’m in love with this girl, I’m going to kiss her…

“Linda…if you don’t mind my asking…What do you REALLY think of Ekyt?” Elise asked Linda. “Oh, I can’t stand him!” Linda exclaimed, jokingly. “No, seriously, he’s got some cute things about him. But I’m just not sure what to think. When I talked to him, and questioned him, it’s like he told me what I wanted to hear without actually giving me answers.” Elise giggled. “The same thing happened to me! What you do, is you pin him down. Put some pressure on him and he’ll answer. Honesty is so important in this day and age.” Linda paused, cocking her head slightly. “Tell me…what do you think of him? Does he like me?” Elsie smiled at her. “He hasn’t said as much, but he does. I can tell. I can judge people pretty well, and he’s honest.”

“Sonic, what do you think Linda thinks of me?” Ekyt called over. “She likes you man! No doubt about it!” “How can you be so sure?” Ekyt called over, dodging one of the big snowballs. “She gave you the look.” WHUMP! Ekyt hit a snowball, embedding himself in it. Sonic laughed hysterically as Ekyt pulled himself out. “Ha ha.” Ekyt said flatly. She likes me? Wait, what’s “The look?” and how do I feel about her?

Linda paced at the town gates. Sonic and Ekyt came bursting in, Ekyt panting. He spotted Linda and decided he was going to do it.

Linda saw Ekyt and decided to ask him straight out. She had already decided her feelings for him.

“Linda, I’ve been thinking.” “Me too. I need to know how you feel about me.” Linda asked him outright. She expected his trademark stoicism. Instead, he gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I hope that was the right answer Linda.” He told her, smiling slightly. Returning the smile. “I-I’ll let you know!”

For a change, Ekyt had the courage up, while Linda was the one leaving the question unanswered.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on June 12, 2007, 8:31:28 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogThat's brilliant!

alchemest1 on June 12, 2007, 6:37:32 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Awwws. I detect a twist coming. This is getting good. I can't tell for sure what's going on. I love it. By the way great action scene. MORE!!