Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Fate Takes a Turn (Or Shot Down)

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 12 - Fate Takes a Turn (Or Shot Down)

Chapter 12 - Fate Takes a Turn (Or Shot Down)
Ekyt looked through the bars, not quite believing what he was hearing. It sounded too good to be true. As with most things, it was.

“But you see…I’ve…kind of got…someone else…” Linda stammered. Ekyt listened in numb shock. “I guessed as much.” Ekyt said suddenly. “Huh?” “You’re a beautiful girl. My curse, my destiny, my future, is this staff and this coat. When I took it up, I swore I was done with everyone and everything. THAT’s why I’ve been trying to leave. I don’t want to get too attached to a place. Then I met Elise, and then you…and I forgot myself. It’s a mistake I’ve never made before, so forgive me if I’m not reacting right.” Linda looked amazed; he had taken the news well compared to what she thought. Linda reached across the cell, to the table nearby. She handed him the keys. “Don’t let me stop you from escaping. And…thanks for understanding.” She said as he opened the cell. “I’ll never forget you Linda.” She enveloped him in a hug, which he returned. One last look at her, and her ran out the door.

“OOF!” Ekyt bounced off something. “Where do you thinking you’re going?” One of the guards from before asked. “Wherever my feet take me. You should use yours more, you’ve got quite the spare tire there.” Ekyt said, stepping backward as the guard’s rifle swung around. “Give me a reason…” Ekyt kicked the gun to the side, then stepped in and punched the guard. “That good enough? But let’s get rid of your little toy, someone might get hurt.” Ekyt threw the rifle away. They had confiscated his gold, so his only hope to get out of Soleanna was to fight his way out.

“Ekyt’s on the loose, you’d better go get him.” Linda supplied in a flat tone. “He explained something to me, something you should know Elise.” Sonic ran to find Silver, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow, Omega, and Amy.

Ekyt looked cautiously around the corner. “Damn! They’ve got a task force after me…Oh well, Get out or die trying.” Dropping his stealth, he stepped out into the street.

“Please Ekyt…Don’t leave.” Amy begged. Ekyt kept walking. “You could do so much here!” Tails exclaimed. Ekyt kept going. “Stop or I will be forced to attack!” Omega declared. Ekyt kept walking straight at them. “This will be YOUR mistake!” Silver warned, picking up a box with his telekinesis. He threw it at Ekyt, who kicked it out of the air, smashing it, without missing a stride. Shadow shot a warning chaos spear at him. But Ekyt ignored that too. Knuckles and Linda (Ekyt at least knew who Linda had picked- he should have guessed.) looked at each other. Linda stepped aside, but Knuckles walked directly in Ekyt’s path. He smashed the ground, creating a pothole. Ekyt leapt it, eyes straight forward, staring them all down. Sonic stepped in his way. “You don’t want to leave Ekyt. I can tell.” “How do you know? You’re not me.” Ekyt told him, still walking. “I’m warning you, we’ll attack if we have to. You’re a good guy, I know you’re just confused.” “I know perfectly well what I’m doing.” Ekyt returned.

They attacked.

Sonic and Shadow used homing attacks, while Amy swung her hammer and Knuckles punched. Silver threw boxes and rocks.

Ekyt blocked, kicked, and punched. He landed a hard uppercut to Shadow’s chin while he thrust his leg backward into Sonic’s stomach. His hand slashed up next, breaking the handle of Amy’s hammer. Linda just watched, secretly cheering him on. Knuckles was one of the toughest, since Ekyt had never fought him before. Knuckles threw punches rapid-fire, while Ekyt, whose expression hadn’t changed, blocked again and again, throwing his own fist occasionally.

For all their attacks, they didn’t want to hurt Ekyt, just wear him down. Then the guards came. For some reason, Ekyt had enough and kicked one into the water, in the process taking his nightstick and throwing it at another. He threw the last one into a building, then grabbed his hair and rammed his stomach onto Ekyt’s up thrust knee. But more guards came running, and Ekyt was finally overwhelmed. He continued to fight. Finally, three nightsticks to his head aggravated the concussion he already had, finally putting him back down. Shadow’s eyes glowed red as he prepared to chaos blast Ekyt.

“Don’t do it! Back off!” A voice said, as a woman stepped in front of Ekyt. Ekyt forced his head up, getting ready to jump in front of the brave girl, to give her a few moments of cover if Shadow attacked. He stepped in front of her, without even seeing who it was. “Don’t hurt her. I’ve got nowhere to run. If I have to fight my way out, I am going to get out.” He looked at Sonic and friends, leaning on his staff, the blood rushing down his head, mixed with sweat that was stinging his eyes.. His numbed brain registered that Linda and Elise were both in the group. Then who had just stopped Shadow from attacking.

It had been Rouge.

“Rouge? You?” Rouge grabbed him under the arms and flew up onto a roof top, with him in hand. “Good thing you’re so light!” Rouge exclaimed. “Why’d you help me?” Ekyt asked, his head beginning to clear. “Linda told me what you had said, and what she was planning to tell you. I wasn’t joking entirely when I told her I wouldn’t mind going after you myself. And I almost did. Elise stopped me, and told me what Linda had said. About you not wanting to get too attached.” She shifted, forcing him to sit down while she was standing, pacing around him. “Kiddo, you’re already attached. How about this: If you stay and protect Soleanna a little while longer, I’ll tell them to let you go if you decide you don’t like it.” “Rouge, there are so many things I need to forget…I mean, I’ve been rejected three times, and broke my own vow to myself.” He said, a little emotion spilling into his voice. Rouge offered him a hand, pulling him up. “Fate takes some strange paths. This one’s another turn, I know. But maybe it’s not a bad turn. Change isn’t bad by definition. Change is what you make it.” She told him. “Just like fate.” He answered. “Right. Now, up we get! Thatta boy!” She pulled him and into a hug, which he returned, though surprised. “I’m sorry…about Linda and Knuckles.” Ekyt said. “Old news kiddo. Besides, Knux and I were never officially together, y’know? I hope I find someone someday. What good is being beautiful if you have no one to admire you?” she said comically. Ekyt nodded his agreement. “So, we have a deal? We’ll say, a week. If you decide you hate it, you can leave in peace. But, if you try to leave before that, my fangs will wind up in your neck.” She said, smiling, to show them off. Ekyt grinned himself, thought it was a small grin. “Not the worst fate in the world. But you have my word, no more escape attempts from the city. For a week.” “I’ll hold you to that handsome. Let’s go back to the others.”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on June 20, 2007, 1:05:37 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(Stuned silence and crickets chirp) Wow. I didn't see that one coming. Sweet twist. Great job. Love it. Although Flash is right. What's with sonic. He just sounds so....unsonic like. ^_^?

Flashthehedgehog on June 17, 2007, 8:34:14 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGreat chapter. I felt Sonic wasn't Sonic if you know what I mean but he had his reasons and it's your story. Well done!

nextguardian on June 18, 2007, 1:14:01 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI'll give you a hint: You're on to something...