Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - The Monster I've Become...

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 13 - The Monster I've Become...

Chapter 13 - The Monster I've Become...
Ekyt walked around the city, trying to get his bearings back. The moon was out, shimmering on the water, creating a beautiful backdrop. Ekyt noticed none of this, though. His world was black. He felt as though something had changed about him…He wasn’t sure whether it was good or bad, though. He felt…vulnerable, but at the same time…powerful. Such an odd breed of emotions just fueled his desire to leave Soleanna. But he had made a promise, and no matter what changed, he would keep that promise. Much as he would regret it.

Sonic jumped and shimmied his way up the bell tower. “Nice night…I just can’t enjoy it! I feel guilty for feeling threatened by Ekyt. I mean, he IS human, and Elise would probably go for a human…but didn’t she pick me? However confused he is, I’m just as confused. I should apologize…”

Ekyt was sitting up on the roof Rouge had put him on earlier. “I should apologize to Sonic. If they would have just let me leave, I wouldn’t be sitting here with my head throbbing. But I guess they’re doing what they think is best, the same as me…This apology is going to be my last act of tolerance…” Ekyt said to himself, not understanding exactly what he meant himself.

Sonic and Ekyt met. “Listen, I’ve got to apologize about Elise…” Sonic began. “It’s fine Sonic. She picked you, and I’m happy for you.” “We’re cool then?” “Sure.” “Alright! I’m sorry about Linda too…you’re having a rough time aren’t you?” Ekyt gestured out across Soleanna. Little crime, little pollution.

“Sonic, I’m a human. I don’t think I was meant to see this pristine world. The flowers, the trees…everything…it’s like it’s unreal…too perfect…I get a sense of uneasiness…and my intuition is usually right.” Ekyt said, risking a glance at Sonic. Sonic grinned. “Elise did say a lot about her past…and she finally explained that fortune to me.” Ekyt stopped at that. “To me, a fortune is a foretelling of a coincidence. A trick of the mind. No matter how true it may become…” Ekyt’s stoic face glanced out across the water. “I’m not going to make a move on Elise. I’m not going to make a move on anyone. You’re lucky that you have a complete cast of friends to back you up. Me…I’m going to rely on myself. After all, I’m the reason I’ve even got this far. See you around.” Ekyt left, leaving the blue hedgehog somewhat confused.

“Help! Thief!” Ekyt stepped out in front of the crook. “Put it back.” He said dryly. The crook took off running. Ekyt chased him, wishing he had some gold about now. Finally, after running, he threw his staff at the crook’s legs, tripping him up. “That works.” Ekyt got down next to him and ripped the bag out of his hand, putting a knee into the back of his neck. “This yours? I doesn’t LOOK like it’s yours.” The criminal sputtered. “Keep struggling if you want to see the monster I’ve become…” Ekyt lifted the man to his feet, throwing him into a stack of boxes. The man pulled out a knife, and made his move.

Linda sat up on the roof. “You okay?” Knuckles asked. “Oh, I’m fine, I was just wondering how Ekyt was doing…” “I wouldn’t worry about him. He’s tough. He’ll handle it.” Knuckles told her.

Rouge let a tear fall from her eye. “What am I crying about? He and I were never together…I find someone, someday…until then, jewels will do.” She said, trying to force a smile in the face of her misery.

The man lunged at Ekyt with the knife. Ekyt only had time to get his forearm in the way. He gritted his teeth as the knife cut him. “THAT was a mistake!” Ekyt grabbed the man’s knife hand and easily snapped the wrist. He put a knee into the man’s rib cage, and finally threw him back into the boxes. “I think I’ve made my point.” Ekyt picked up the knife and threw it into the water. “Think before you try that again.” He snarled.

As he made his way down the street, Ekyt heard a small sob that was quickly stifled. He turned sharply to find Rouge angrily brushing the tears from her eyes. “Rouge? You okay?” Rouge looked up. “Oh, it’s you. Yeah, I’ll be okay big guy. Thanks for asking.” “It’s no problem…let me know if I can do anything.” Rouge flew into him, in what would best be described as a flying hug. “Get Knuckles back for me!”

Sonic decided to follow his own advice and took a run. “That guy needs to learn he can count on others…but why would he? He’s handled everything himself…and then he melts when he meets Elise and Linda? I haven’t known him for long, but that doesn’t seem like him at all…”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on June 20, 2007, 1:13:26 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Nice! I love it. I still an trying to figure out what you have up your sleave with Sonic. He's different and i can't wait to see why. MORE!!