Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Trying Something New...

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 16 - Trying Something New...

Chapter 16 - Trying Something New...
Linda’s confession was shocking. “I-I can’t stay here!” she said. Heads snapped toward her. “I just can’t!” she said, without explanation. She walked away. Ekyt watched as all the heads that were previously aimed at Linda turned toward him. “What?” “You should go get her.” Rouge said. “Huh? Why? I mean, I don’t mind. But” “Look, she couldn’t say her REAL confession! She likes you! Wake up!” Rouge told him firmly. “Like heck she does. She’d like me dead I bet.” Rouge shook her head. “Just go get her kid. She needs someone sympathetic to talk to. And that ain’t me.”

Linda stopped short, hearing the footsteps behind her. She moved into a guard position, turning in an attitude of offense. She let her guard drop at Ekyt’s curious look. “Something’s on your mind.” Ekyt said simply. “Yeah. Why are you here?” Linda snapped. Ekyt gave the smallest of grins. “Let’s just say that’s on the back burner, and an apology is on the front.” “You want an apology?” Linda asked incredulously, not wanting to believe the human could be so incredibly thick. “No, I need to give you one. I’ve been a jerk. Well, I’ve been that way for a while, the point is that YOU don’t deserve it. And…well, if you need someone to talk to…my ears are ready to listen.” Linda bit her lip nervously. “Well…” She whispered something to his ear. “Really? Whoa, De ja vu deluxe!” Ekyt told her. “I think we can solve this…but you have to be 100% sure about this…”

“She wants to do WHAT?” Rouge exclaimed. The stunned group stared at Ekyt, no hatred in their eyes anymore, but shock scrawled all over their faces. “She wants to be human.” Ekyt repeated, trying to keep the shock out of his voice. “And you told her she could?” Shadow questioned. “She can make her own decisions. You’re the one who can make it come true.” Ekyt intoned. “And who said I’d do it?” Shadow growled. “No one. But I think you will.” Ekyt said pleasantly. “And why is that?” “You don’t want to see that girl unhappy anymore than I do.” Ekyt replied.

“You’re sure about this Linda?” Linda was trying to get herself ready to try being a human. It scarred her. “I’m sure. I’ll never know until I try.” Ekyt nodded in agreement. “Well, best of luck then.” He hesitated. “At the risk of sounding like a moron, I’m going to go ahead and say that I’m sure you’ll be as beautiful as a human as you are as an echidna.” His embarrassment seemingly getting the better of him, Ekyt strode briskly away. But had he seen it, he would have deemed it worth it. Linda smiled for the first time in days.

“Chances are this to be temporary.” Elise recited from the book of Chaos Incantations. These weren’t spells persay, but enhancements to Chaos Powers. Shadow could perform it easy.

Ekyt paced outside, restless, his stoicism failing him.

“Linda?” Ekyt didn’t dare believe his eyes. He had fallen for only one human (That would be Elise). THIS one was special.

Long red hair, streaked with light purple highlights, white skin lightly tanned, and even sort-of teeth-fangs. He could tell it was Linda by the figure and the voice.

“What do you think?” she asked nervously. “Beautiful…” Ekyt sputtered. Gently, her hand (Now glove-free) found his. “Can we talk?” Her emerald green eyes pleaded silently, telling Ekyt this was a matter of some urgency.

The human Linda was dressed in the white t-shirt the “echidna” Linda wore, but no vest. That was folded neatly in her apartment. Linda disdained skirts save for special occasions, but it was brutally hot. She decided on a pair of jean shorts that fell just shy of her knees. They were ill-fitting, slightly tight, but it was short notice. She vowed that, IF she kept the “Human” thing, she would have the clothes to suit it.

“What I need to know…did you mean what you did?” Linda asked Ekyt. “Which thing?” he asked. That wasn’t an easy question to answer. “When you…kissed me. Did you mean that.” Ekyt nodded shyly, at a loss for words, coming across as a 12 year old who has a crush on an older woman rather than being the older one in the kinda-sorta-maybe-not sure- relationship.

“I’ve got to admit, you helped me decide this.” Linda admitted. “Really? If anything, I thought I would have talked you out of it.” Ekyt answered truthfully. Linda cocked her head slightly, her hair moving with her. That was strange, having hair. Her fur was soft, but short. This was long and wavy and seemed to get Ekyt’s attention, whether he meant to give it or not. “How so?”

Ekyt, with a sigh, said “Well, you’ve seen me, always being miserable.” Linda laughed. “I already know you’re a special case Ekyt.” She held onto his hand with both of hers, staring him in the eye. “Look, I’m going to apologize for running out after you got the guys up to kiss me. It was the right answer, and I hope you and I can mend fences and be friends…” she said in a hopeful voice. She then added a kiss on the cheek; he had done the same thing when he got the nerve up to admit feelings for her.

If he was reading her right, she had just done the same thing. Astounded, Ekyt looked back at her. “There’s no animosity Linda. I was the jerk, wanting to leave. But you all might have been better off without me.” “Not likely. You’re someone I can talk to regardless of circumstances. It means a lot.” Linda said, giving him a small grin. “How about a fresh start…” Linda stood up, still holding his hand. “S-Sure.” He stammered. He took another look at her. “Linda…if you don’t mind my asking…what REALLY made you want to be human?”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on June 27, 2007, 10:02:01 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWow that's really cool! Nice job NG

alchemest1 on June 27, 2007, 4:05:51 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1I must say i think i love this chapter. You did an excellent job with Linda's transformation. I think Ekyt might just be head over heels in love as would i in his situation. Lol. I LOVE IT. I can't wait to hear what happens with them next.