Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - O-KAY...

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 18 - O-KAY...

Chapter 18 - O-KAY...
Ekyt still couldn’t believe the beautiful human girl he was walking with around Soleanna was Linda. But something didn’t feel right, though he couldn’t put his finger on what.

He had found her attractive as an echidna, and just as much as a human! He was worried, though, she was attracting a lot of unwanted attention. She seemed to notice the same thing, but smiled in such a nice manner that Ekyt forgot his concern for the moment.

“I never appreciated how beautiful Soleanna is until now!” Linda exclaimed. “If you don’t mind my asking…what’s with Shadow? He seems more angry than usual.” Ekyt commented. “Sonic’s acting weird, too.” Linda said thoughtfully. “I wonder if…” Ekyt’s voice trailed off. “What?” “I wonder if they’re worried about losing you to me.” he finished. “Why would that worry them?” She said, while a nasty thought told her You know how he feels about you, and you know how YOU feel about HIM. THAT’S their issue. Linda dismissed the thought. “I mean that they might feel I’m a threat, seeing that I’m different and all. Kind of like you’re hanging out with the wrong crowd.”

Ekyt was uncomfortable with the whole thing. He had a great deal of respect for all those involved in this, and wanted them to respect him in return. A vicious thought struck him then. Who the hell cares what they think? I like this girl, why do I need to worry about them? The same voice in his head answered. But does the girl like you? She hasn’t said so yet. Suspicions aside, it’s not a good idea to rub it in their faces…Not that you’ve ever cared, and you aren’t going to start now. If you mind your own business, then the others might follow suit.

Linda’s attention was diverted by a shop keeper. “I could use a girl like you around…bring in the guys.” he said. Linda raised an eyebrow. “No, thanks. I’m not the kind of girl that likes all that attention.” The shop owner shrugged. “Suit yourself doll, your loss.” “I’m sure.” Linda answered coldly. She turned to find a surprise.

“Stay away from her!” Shadow snarled at Ekyt. “And you’ll stop me? I doubt it!” Ekyt shot back. “Guys, c’mon, this is stupid, she can be with whoever she wants!” Sonic, at least, seemed to ke regain his old attitude. “He’ll ruin her, just like he ruined himself!” Shadow said, poking Ekyt in the chest. “If you touch me again, I swear….”

“Guys! C’mon!” Linda broke up the fight quickly. “Shadow, who I spend time with is my business. Ekyt, you don’t need to fight EVERYONE who insults me! I swear…” She couldn’t help but laugh after she finished, thinking something along the lines of Boys are so stupid… The thought disturbed her some, as she’d never thought like that before.

“Ekyt, am I different? I mean, aside from the new body.” Linda asked. “No. Well, yes. You’re not comfortable, are you?” She shook her head. “I’m glad people think I’m beautiful, but it’s not me.” I already know YOU think I’m beautiful either way. You love me for WHO I am…You’re a rare one Ekyt.

Linda-Su let the process wear off. She returned to her echidna form, happy with knowing she was liked for who she was personality wise. “I’m glad you’re back to being you Linda.” Ekyt told her. “I tried it because of you. You make humanity look better.” She joked. “I wish. But at any rate, I’d better go. I’ve decided to stick around, as a vigilante. I have some experience.” He said. “Okay, see you later.” she said, kissing him on the cheek, much to BOTH their surprises.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on July 3, 2007, 5:15:49 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow. What's up with shadow. He's being a bit vicious! I'm line of glad she decided to change back. I think there might have been trouble had she stayed human. GREAT CHAPTER! I Still love this story. Keep it up!