Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - It Finally Happens

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 20 - It Finally Happens

Chapter 20 - It Finally Happens
There was a brief struggle inside the window. No one wanted to leave Blaze, and they figured that Ekyt and Silver needed to settle things. CRACK!

Ekyt stepped out of the window, blood at the corners of his mouth, carrying an unconscious Silver. “He shouldn’t have tried to jump me.” Ekyt muttered. “What the hell did you hit him with?” Linda asked, never having seen Silver bested so quickly. “A chair.” Ekyt answered, dropping the unconscious hedgehog roughly onto the ground. “Now that I’ve handled that, I’m out of here.”

“You don’t want to do that.” Shadow murmered darkly. “And why don’t I want to do that? ‘Cause I’m relatively sure I DO want to leave.” Shadow smirked. “You’re really clueless. LINDA is the one keeping you here. She and Elise and Sonic want you here. I sure as hell don’t…respect is something earned…not bestowed.” He gave Ekyt a significant look. “I don’t expect to have your respect. And I doubt I ever will. No matter what I do to earn it, you’re not going to like me because of Who and What I am. Those are just straight facts. But I don’t mind saying: I respect you. Think about that.”

Ekyt made for the gate again. He was blocked by Sonic. “Damnit! You don’t trust me, why the hell are you keeping me here?!” Sonic grinned. “You know, I do trust you. I forgot that Elise is the kind of girl that likes everyone. You’ve been true to your word, and that’s something I can respect.” Sonic stretched his legs casually. “You could walk past me right now, and I could chase you down. But that’s not what either of us want. This is a decision you have to make.”

For some reason, those words hit home with Ekyt. “I just don’t want to make everyone miserable. And things are still…akward. With Rouge and Elise and Linda. I don’t know what to think.” Sonic stretched some more. “Let me tell you this: Elise and Rouge are the type who like everyone. Linda, however, isn’t. She’s a rebel. It would take something pretty big to make her the “nice girl” all of a sudden. I don’t know, it could be a coincidence, but since you came, she’s been a different girl. Happier. But there’s something she’s holding back…maybe YOU could help her…” Sonic didn’t say any more. He didn’t have to. He had gotten his point across.

Linda was massaging her temples, trying to focus. She had pulled her hair up into a pony tail, since it was so brutally hot. “Linda…do you have a second?” Ekyt asked. Linda shook herself out of her stupor. “Sure. What’s up?” she asked amiably. Ekyt could tell she wasn’t saying something.

So he kissed her.

The kiss ended. Ekyt didn’t say anything; he just stroked her hair for a moment. Then he got up and, with a significant look over his shoulder, left her to think about what in the hell had just happened.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on July 14, 2007, 4:14:17 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Short but incredibly powerful. I think he have Shadow something to think about and Sonic did the same for Ekyt! And i think Linda learned something as well. That Ekyt loves her back!