Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Emotional Roullete

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 22 - Emotional Roullete

Chapter 22 - Emotional Roullete
Ekyt sat still, trying mediation for the first time in a long time. It wasn’t working, for a number of reasons. With a sigh, he got up, stretching his back out. Lying without a shirt on a mass of rocks wasn’t his cup of tea. He decided to explore the underground “caverns” that made up the never-used sewer system. He didn’t feel like going above ground today.

Why was Ekyt so tense? Well, his birthday was coming up (August 25th, same as mine, lol). He was nervous by nature. Or the girl he was sure was THE one just shot him down. Take your pick. Likely, all three were disturbing him at the moment.

His tour didn’t take long. He had wandered aimlessly in a circle. With a sigh, he gave that up and found the darkest spot he could. Thinking back to karate, he forced himself into a kata. One with a lot of breathing, so he could settle himself down. He couldn’t concentrate, kicking the wall in frustration. He had tried everything, he couldn’t settle down. The fight or flee instinct came into play. For once, he wanted to flee rather than fight.

Linda pulled off her night clothes, then hurriedly tossed on her underwear and fresh clothes. She had more energy than she’d had in a while. “Amazing what having an older guy interested in you can do.” She said to herself as she gulped down a healthy breakfast and started to exercise.

Ekyt pulled on his shirt, giving up on the exercise for now. He pulled on his coat, feeling as though the only thing in the world he could trust was it’s fabric. It had never let him down. His own emotions and strength had. I always could pride myself on being in control of my world…now I can’t make that claim. Damnit!

Linda felt great physically. Emotionally, she was concerned. Even if there wasn’t a relationship, Ekyt was still her friend. She hadn’t seen him. He hadn’t left town (Sonic and Shadow would have dragged him back), and he wasn’t likely to hide, so that left staying home. Wherever THAT was. She knew the sewers, but where? And should she go find him?

Ekyt climbed out of the sewer, muttering to himself. “Let me down!” Someone had Rouge, and was holding her against the wall! Ekyt ran over, stepping in between the two. “Don’t do that to a lady you scumbag.” He said. He needed an outlet, and here it was. The man punched at him. Ekyt didn’t bother to move, save for putting up a forearm. He decked his opponent, a greasy-looking guy with long salt and pepper hair, wearing bad clothes from the 80’s. The man got up and ran for it. Ekyt wanted to go after him, but settled for helping Rouge up instead. “Are you alright?” he asked her. She had taken a nasty spill. And Ekyt saw why. That prick had tied her wings together. “Hold still. You’re going to have to trust me.” Ekyt told Rouge, who nodded, seemingly unable to speak. Ekyt pulled the rope from her wings, which she spread greatfully.

“Any idea why that guy was after you?” Ekyt asked. “Because I’m so hot?” Rouge asked, keeping a straight face. “Most likely.” Ekyt admitted. Rouge’s enthusiasm dimmed. “I know kiddo, she shot you down. But don’t take it to heart. Linda’s still kind of new here. On our planet, she’s an adult. Here, she’s considered a kid and treated like one. Ekyt nodded. “It’s not just that, it’s my birthday.” He admitted. “It’s in fifteen days. It’s just another reminder that I’m getting older, and that I haven’t done a stellar job with my life in 18 years.” He said, spilling part of what was bothering him.

Rouge new Linda was the main reason the tough as nails vigilante was in as much pain as she had ever seen him. Birthday’s sucked, though they were preferable to the alternative. But no doubt he felt aged because of Linda. I wonder…Rouge thought, suddenly mischievious.

“You know, no one remembered my birthday, back in April.” She said thoughtfully. She had him sit down on a park bench (There was an abundance in Soleanna). “And it didn’t bother me. No one celebrates their birthdays in our group. Mostly so we don’t offend Shadow, who doesn’t know his birthday. But the recognition would be nice. To have the world revolve around you for one day.” Ekyt smiled without much enthusiasm. “I’m sure that if you asked, every guy would gladly give you all the attention you needed.” Rouge laughed. “Yeah…but it’s the ones that don’t return the signs that intrigue me. You, for example.” She sat down beside him. “You, I just don’t get.” She inched closer, suppressing a giggle as he flinched slightly. “You appear to be human…” (inches closer) “You appear to be male…” (right up against Ekyt now) “Yet you don’t respond to any signs I send you.” “Signs?” Ekyt said, trying to sound calm. Rouge put a hand on his chest and her head on his shoulder. “Siggnnssssss…” she whispered into his ear, her breath on his neck. Ekyt guessed she was either trying to seduce him, or was getting ready to bite him. Rouge climbed onto his lap, facing him. She smoothed his hair out, then elected to stare him down. His hazel eyes wouldn’t accomadate her. “Most men, in this position, would return the embrace.” She said cheerfully. “This is an embrace?” Ekyt questioned. Rouge snuggled up even closer; She couldn’t get any closer to him. This was Akward for Ekyt. If he looked away, he might appear as though he wasn’t paying attention. If he looked at her, he felt like a pervert. Though it was against typical human nature, he wished she would get a proper shirt. (Lol! Sorry, this all stemmed from a comment one of my professors made: Your neckline should not be at your waist.)

Rouge put an arm around his neck, and one around his shoulders. “You know…I’m scared. What if it happens again…What if I get attacked, or worse?” Rouge appeared to be shaking. “Hold me…please…” she choked out, in an academy-award winning performance. She clung to Ekyt tighter. For his part, he couldn’t do anything. His limbs weren’t responding to his garbled brain waves. He made them work, and he embraced Rouge gently, comforting her. She looked at him, the buried her face in his neck. He felt her hot, wet tears hit his neck. “I’m always calm!” she moaned. “Now, I’m freaked out!”

Linda jogged around the path, finding a stunned and troubled looking Ekyt, and Rouge, who was doing a heck of an acting job. “Rouge. I thought we discussed this.” The Linda realized the young bat wasn’t acting. Linda sat down on Ekyt’s other side, trying to calm Rouge down. “I’m sorry Ekyt.” She said, out of the blue. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t drag you into my problems.” They both kissed him on the cheek, then jogged/flew away abruptly.

“What the hell. I can’t get a relationship, but I can get TWO of them to kiss me? How the hell did that happen?” There was a bigger problem. After tonight, Rouge had shown him a compassionate side, one of a lonely girl that needed companionship. He had been shot down by Linda, so why not date Rouge?

I can’t do it. Can I? GAH! Damn my conscience! Why do I feel like it would be betraying Linda? We were never together, and we aren’t now! That did little for Ekyt’s problems, however. His birthday was still looming on the horizon, and it seemed his girl trouble was just beginning.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 10, 2007, 4:55:00 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Lol. I can def. relate to Ekyt after tonight. Lol. Although mine was a bit more the opposite direction. Anyway. This chapter was well placed. It brought out Rouge's character more. She showed a side anyone rarely sees. Oh. And Ekyt's body not doing what he wanted it to rings tell of a certain comment I left. Lol. Anyway. I LOVED the chapter. Keep them coming. (puts paws on your shoulders and growls happily)