Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - Guilt Without Reason

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 23 - Guilt Without Reason

Chapter 23 - Guilt Without Reason
What is wrong with me? Any other guy would be delighted…but I have to turn a simple, innocent gesture of friendly affection into a conscience-bender! At least I don’t have to worry about the “how does she feel about me” thing anymore…damn, I wish I did…and this mediation crap isn’t working! Ekyt snapped to himself. Not the technique, but the fact that it wasn’t working was irritating him to no end. He got up and looked out across Soleanna. Another perfect day. Even THAT irritated him. It was going to be a LONG day.

Rouge and Linda couldn’t help but chuckle at Ekyt’s reaction to their affection. Strange how all men reacted differently. They didn’t have long to worry about that. Eggman was trying to attack again, and this time he had a friend that made Rouge drool. “Take a look at THAT guy.” She said breathlessly. “Almost worthy of YOU Rouge.” Linda said, rolling her eyes. “Sure is kiddo…I mean, Ekyt’s a nice guy…but THIS one…yeaahhhhh.” She couldn’t take her eyes off the echidna that was strutting down the town square. Mostly because he was being obnoxious to the citizens. “Rouge, I’ll catch you later.” she muttered.

She found Ekyt leaving the forest, muttering. “Ekyt, trouble!” she called. He looked up. She admired him; he could put aside their collective awkwardness to get the job done. “What’s up?” “This new guy, he’s this echidna. He’s with Eggman, and treating people like crap. Rouge fell for him.” Ekyt muttered something to himself, then nodded decisively. “Okay, let’s go. Lead the way.” They both took off full speed for this new problem. With Sonic and Co away with Elise on some ambassador mission, it would be up to these two.

The echidna was someone Ekyt knew. “It’s Shihan James.” He said, his tone awed. “I knew he was a money-hungry jerk, but I didn’t think he’d sink THIS low…He’ll be tough, and he won’t be alone…Linda, can you get everyone into the castle? This is kind of…personal.” Ekyt strode over to the echidna.

“It’s been a while Tom.” He said flatly. “Ekyt? My star pupil! Have you seen the error of your ways?” “No. Have YOU seen the error of YOURS?” Ekyt questioned. “The reason I kicked you out of my school was your attitude. Not at all befitting of a warrior carrying my crest.” “I wouldn’t carry your crest, and you know that. I know you’re here, and I know why. And I’m sorry you have to leave so soon.” Ekyt said forcefully. “I think not.” Linda was back at his side. “Hiya teach.” She said grimly. “You know him?” James smiled. “Of course she knows me! I trained her! The same I trained you! You were my brightest…pity you chose the wrong path.” The echidna made a gesture, and his warriors came out of nowhere. Half of them were male, half were female. Ekyt and Linda exchanged glances. “Fight or flee?” “Both.” Ekyt said. Fighting while running full speed wasn’t easy, but it was the best option.

Linda threw some knives she had concealed on her (Ekyt was mad he hadn’t noticed- then he was relieved that they were friends), driving the enemies back some. Ekyt spun his staff around behind his back, hitting one. “Here!” he called to Linda, tossing his staff over. She jumped on a fence, running across it, foot over foot. Ekyt was amazed. He couldn’t do that when he was being formally trained. For some reason, he was proud and annoyed at the same time. He threw a barrel backwards to vent some frustration.

They were nearing the warehouse section of Soleanna. Linda vaulted from the fence, over the outer wall, and inside, not missing a step. Ekyt couldn’t pull that off. So he turned to fight instead. Half followed Linda inside, the other half (Minus the one Linda had taken out, and minus the two Ekyt had hit with the barrel) squared off. That’s when Ekyt saw they were armed. And he wasn’t.

Crap! He suddenly saw his answer. If he couldn’t outfight them, he’d outsmart them. He jumped into the forklift he had seen, and drove it full speed at his enemies. Not honorable, but preferable to death at this point. Little did he know the fight was just picking up.

Inside, Linda was in trouble. She was cornered, her weapon long gone. She took a fighting stance against an older woman, a sensei. A one on one duel began.

Ekyt had been right. This was going to be a long day.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on August 12, 2007, 5:43:56 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogExcellent chapter full of thrills!

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 6:14:22 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow. Trained by the same master (er so to speak) thats crazy! But i like it! Anyway. Great fight scene. I wonder if i can still run a fence. Well. We used a cable but same basic pricial. NOW I REALLY MISS MY OLD MASTER! Well maybe not. But he was an amazing instructor.