Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - One Injured Party

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 24 - One Injured Party

Chapter 24 - One Injured Party
Having dispatched of his crew, Ekyt climbed up and over the gate to check on Linda. On the way, he saw some gold. Someone had lost a watch. Perfect.

Linda defeated the first two of the enemies with an impressive array of techniques. She saw Ekyt run over, picking out the man in the group and pairing off with him. Ekyt won quickly after cracking the man on the point of his chin. “Any ideas?” Linda called over. “Just one.” He said, stuffing the watch into his shoes. “Get ready to hold on!” he called as he hit top speed, scooping her up.

He ran, feeling both of their heartbeats. She had grabbed him around the neck, while he carried her in front of him. They zipped along, looking for an escape. Those warriors that Shihan James had trained were keeping up somewhat. “Time to go! Hold on!” he said, making a leap and slamming down onto a sewer grate, which gave way. They landed hard, Ekyt taking most of the punishment. Linda landed on her hands an knees, one arm and leg on either side of him. “You okay?” she asked. “Never better.” He groaned, getting up. “We can’t stop now. James won’t settle for a fair fight. We’ve got to think this out.” Linda told him. He nodded his agreement. “Hey wait…hold still…” She said urgently. She lifted his head up, not liking what she saw. “You hit your head pretty hard. Come one, you’re going to have to show me where you live. We’ve got to get you patched up.” Ekyt shook his head. “They’ll know by now, they’ll be looking for us. I’m fine, really.”

“So, James taught you?” “In the loosest sense of the word. If knowledge is power, he doesn’t want to share the power.” Linda told Ekyt. Ekyt grinned in agreemement. “If you can’t make him money, then you’re no use to him.” Ekyt paused, the grin fading from his face, replaced by a thoughtful look. “I’m…sorry. If my words made you uncomfortable.” They didn’t need to discuss what he was talking about (His love confession). “It’s alright. It would have heart more if you hadn’t said anything.” Ekyt nodded slightly. “How about you tell me about yourself?” Ekyt suggested. “I know I’d never get anything out of you, mystery man!” she laughed. “Sure. My parents were fascinated with Japan and it’s culture. So I was introduced to Martial Arts early. And I just kept the habit up.” Ekyt closed his eyes slightly, answering a moment later. “I started martial arts for the protection they offered. Comes in handy.” He paused, suddenly lighting a match. He put it to a candle he had pulled from somewhere, sending a flickering flame across the hidden area they were in. Linda sighed suddenly. To her surprise, Ekyt asked “Are you okay?” She nodded. “Sometimes I wish I could have been…just a girl…instead of a female warrior…having nothing on my mind but boys and fashion (This is NOT a shot at my female audience, I don’t mean those words in any way! So please don’t form a lynch mob!)…Wishful thinking, I guess.” “Nothing wrong with that.” Ekyt said. “What about you? Have you ever regretted the path you’ve taken.” “Every day I wonder if I’ve made the right choice. Am I really helping anyone? Is it best for me? And I get the same answer every day: I’m doing the right thing. If I died defending someone, I would die with a clear conscience.” Linda nodded, understanding.

Night fell soon, giving an advantage to James’ black-clad warriors. Ekyt passed Linda some clothes. “Try these on. They won’t win any prizes for fashion. But we can’t wear our own clothes, we’d get caught easily.” Linda raised an eye. “What?” Ekyt asked, surprised. “I’m not changing in front of you, perv!” she said with a laugh. “Aw crap. Are you sure I can’t convince you?” Ekyt said mockingly. He left, changing into his own other set of clothes.

They sat a while longer, resting. Ekyt suddenly got up, hearing a scream. “I can’t do this anymore. I’m going out there and fighting these guys off.” He climbed up a ladder and out a manhole. He picked it up and threw it, hitting one of James’ students in the leg, breaking it. Another rushed him with a dagger. Ekyt caught his wrist, then shifted his momentum, moving forward. He stepped on his foot, while bending the arm. He heard the tell-tale CRACK of broken bones. As the man sobbed in pain, Ekyt stepped on his face, knocking out teeth, then reached down and relieved him of his weapon. Ekyt’s cruelty came for a reason: The man had punched an old woman who was begging him not to rob her.

Linda climbed up after him. “Here, you take this.” Ekyt said, handing her the knife. “This’ll even the odds a little.” Linda said happily. “I’ll avoid their vitals.” Ekyt wasn’t sure if she was serious or not. He didn’t ask, feeling he could trust her. And there wouldn’t have been time to argue anyway. “My finest fighters…good luck! I doubt your meager skill can overcome them!” Shihan James’ taunted. Ekyt started to retort, but was beaten to the punch by Linda. “After we’re done beating the tobacco juice out of your little escort here, we’re going to come and break all your bones. When you heal, we’ll be back to break them all again. Sound fair?” Ekyt gulped. James was going to be tough. He had no desire to cripple someone either.

But enough thought, they had a battle to win.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on August 13, 2007, 11:25:02 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogAwesome chapter. I don't know how many female audience you have here, but I asure you i'm not into fashion....unless you call Rod Stewart a fashion god lol

alchemest1 on August 12, 2007, 3:15:19 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Love this chapter. Totally worth putting in. It shows just enough into Linda to make her all the more interesting! I like the percision you used in the battle scenes. It was great!