Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Too Late

This just came to me one day.... i have most of the ideas in my head and i know where is going but just haven't put it all into words yet. I hope you like it ....

Chapter 1 - Too Late

Chapter 1 - Too Late


     The melody rang in Angela's ears. "This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world …" The irony of this song would never occur to Angie. As it spilled from the ceiling speakers Angela ran with all her will, pushing to new limits, she pumped her injured legs and squeezed out the last of her strength. She might still have time. There might still be time. These were the only thoughts she let through to her head. It was all she could do to keep her mind from the encroaching pain. No, don't think about the pain. Not now. Not when you are so close.


     She reached the door. Could she risk stopping? She might just collapse, and then all would be lost. With one fluid movement she reached out for the door knob and turned it without ever losing any speed. Her heart was pounding so hard in her chest it threatened to burst through her rib cage. She was in the room. She made it here without expiring. Where was Maria? Marcus?


      Oh, no. It's too late. No, she pushed the thought from her mind. There was no time for jumping to horrible conclusions. There still could be time. She was just early, that was it. They weren't here yet. She beat them here. It was okay. All she had to do was wait. Slowly she let herself fall to the ground. It would be best if she caught her breath. She needed to clear her head, because when they did come she would have to be rested enough to stop them. Stop this from happening. Make things right. Yes, this would all be over soon. All she needs is to rest …


     These were her last thoughts. She closed her eyes and let out her last painful breath as her lifeless body slumped onto the cold hard floor. Seconds later, the door on the other side of the room flung open. "We can perform the ritual in here." The young girl was saying to the person behind her. Then she turned to see the body lying across the floor. "Angie!" She screamed and rushed to the girl's side. "How could this happen? What went wrong? Sis! Sissy, wake up! You have to be okay!" She sobbed over the dead body.


      The man behind her had entered the room. "You know what you must do." He said standing over the girls. "To make this right again we must perform the ritual as planed and this will have never taken place. You can save your sister." He extended his hand. "Hurry, before our time is up."
She took it, leaving her sister on the floor. With one last tearful look she whispered. "I will save you. I promise. I'll fix everything." Then the room went dark.



Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

StephAlanPoe on September 6, 2006, 1:55:17 AM

StephAlanPoe on
StephAlanPoeooo! cant wait for the next chapter! so the first bit was all just Angela's dream?

Royd on September 5, 2006, 7:47:59 PM

Royd on
Roydawesome very nice our styles differ extremely im looking forward to the next chapter