Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

So this is planned to be about a girl and guy on opistite sides of the world, living two different lives. Offline and online. Hope this works out well. Message me what you think and I will get back to you.

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

Chapter 2 - Chapter two
(skylers pov)


It was about nine in the morning. I was browsing the net out of sheer boredom. My parents were having trivial arguments like usual.

“You're never home. You are completely and utterly an emotional neglectful person,” my father yelled.

“I'm doing this for you and my son,” my mother yelled. My mother was always out working. She is never home so I feel like I hardly even know her any more. My father was an aspiring writer but no one seemed interested in publishing his stories. My mother on the other hand was a high class lawyer so my little family is quite well-off.

My parents usually continued arguing until one of them finally get fed up and leave the house. This time it was my mother. My parents arguing is probably one of the few interesting things in my life, not that I want them to argue... but things are so boring here. I don't have any siblings. I’m an only child.

Most people looking at me would probably consider me a bit weird. I have dark hair naturally with pale blue eyes. I have some form of layered hair thing going on. My hair is naturally straight and people often assume I’m going for that 'emo' thing but I swear it's totally an accident. I usually wear boot cut jeans and some form of hooded sweater.

Oh and just in case you didn't already figure it out, I’m Skyler. I hate my name. It just seems... feminine. But whatever, a name is just a name. I don't really have many friends. I guess some people get intimidated my me because of how well off I am. Other people have tried to use me for my wealth. I’m not particularly trusting of people because of this factor so I attempt to keep my social life online.

I am well aware that I will probably turn into some grumpy bitter hermit. My father keeps reminding me. But I don't care. Nothing is really interesting. I continued searching on the net. I went to my regular sites and noticed the girl I was talking to a couple of days ago.

Somethingaboutskyler has logged on.

Somethingaboutskyler; Hello skip.
Billysherebro; Skip?
Somethingaboutskyler; That's what we call you guys from down under.
Billysherebro; Oh. How are you?
Somethingaboutskyler; I am bored.
Billysherebro; Ah, I see. I wish I could get the chance to be bored.
Somethingaboutskyler; Boredom is boring.
Billysherebro; Better then being complicated.
Somethingaboutskyler; Complicated sounds interesting. Trades?
Billysherebro; If only it were that simple.
Somethingaboutskyler; So what makes your life so complicated?
Billysherebro; How about living with nine other people in a five bedroom house?
Somethingaboutskyler; Sounds interesting.
Billysherebro; so what's making your life so boring?
Somethingaboutskyler; Lack of siblings, friends etc.
Billysherebro; Oh I see.
Somethingaboutskyler; Well the friends thing was kind of my choice.
Billysherebro; Oh. How come?


I contemplated whether or not I should answer her. I mean on one hand my fears were kind of embarrassing. I didn't particularly like the idea of telling someone my feelings either. On the other hand it would be nice to get those feelings out. Besides it's not like I'll ever meet this 'Billy' chick. She lives in Australia.

Somethingaboutskyler; To be honest. I’m a little embarrassed.
Billysherebro; Oh, so you're shy?
Somethingaboutskyler; Not what I meant. You see, I guess I live in a wealthy family.
Billysherebro; Lucky.
Somethingaboutskyler; Not really. Some people get intimidated by me. Others tend to use me. So I avoid the friendship thing all together.
Billysherebro; Aren't you lonely?
Somethingaboutskyler; I guess but I don't mind as long as I have my cyber friends.
Billysherebro; Cool. Any way I have to go. I have to go cook dinner.
Somethingaboutskyler; You have to do a lot don't you?
Billysherebro; I guess. But someone has too.
Somethingaboutskyler; Don't you get annoyed?
Billysherebro; I’m used to it. Anyway talk later?
Somethingaboutskyler; Definitely.

Billysherebro signed off.


I decided to sign off too. I didn't really feel like being on at the moment. I wanted to talk to that girl a little more. I was curious about her life for some reason. I guess its because of the fact that her life is so different to mine.

The house was so cold. I walked into the front lounge and put the heating system on. My father was sitting on the couch with his type writer. This is what I call his 'grieving period'. It happens every time he and my mother have an argument.

“Did you hear?” my father asked. I turned to face him.

“I think people on the other side of the world could hear,” I stated.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment