Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Looking on the Bright Side

Being cool doesn't always mean you're popular. But in this case, it does! (:

Chapter 1 - Looking on the Bright Side

Chapter 1 - Looking on the Bright Side
I looked around uneasily. Even though I was in the school hallway completely alone, I felt like something or someone was looking at me. A chill ran down my spine and i wiggled. My backpack that was on my back jumped up a little when I did that, but I still had the weirdest feeling that someone was watching me.
I turned around, but no one was there. I didn't really expect anyone to be there, since it was completely silent as well. All I could hear was the fast beating of my heart and my uneven breath. That didn't help very much. I reached around to tug on my backpack and I found that on the zipper, there was a note. It read:

if you ever find this I want you to know that I will always love you.
-j


"Now thats weird," I muttered under my breath. I felt those three words echo around me in a strange boxy manner. I felt uneasy. Who could love me? I'm just the nobody that hangs around the hallway during sixth hour for free period, instead of going to Study Hall like everyone else.
I had to look in back of me again. But when I whipped my blond hair around my head, I got a headache and got very dizzy. Then I smelled something very sweet. Almost to the point where I wanted to call out 'whoever is wearing perfume, what kind is it?' But I never got to. I fell to the floor unconsious.

I heard someone calling my name, but they sounded very far away. Very. Far. Away. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. I tried to open my mouth to say something like 'I'm fine, where am I?' But I couldn't do that either. So, I tried to move my finger just enough that someone would notice that I wasn't dead or anything.
"Look, look at her finger, Nurse Annie," someone called out from behind me. They seemed closer to me, but still about a football field away.
"Oh thank goodness! She's ok!" it sounded like my mom. I could tell she was crying. I wanted to cry with her, but I couldn't. I still didn't even know why I was here.
"You can be dismissed now, Jake," it sounded like the nurse. She was coming closer to me. Closer, and closer. I just wished I could open my eyes.
Wait--Jake?
Jake, as in the most popular boy in High School, Jake?
"Ok. Thanks Nurse Ann--" Jake said but was cut off by the door slamming. Yes. It was definetly Jake as in the most popular boy in school. Why was he in here? Did he hurt his hand by writing too much?
My eyelids felt very heavy. I tried opening them, and in my eyes, I could see a very faint crack of an opening between my eyelashes. I saw my mom and dad sitting on little stools in the waiting room of somewhere. The hospital? No, it couldn't be that. I think I'd remember if something like that would've happened. Right?
I tried to sit up, but I couldn't. My feet felt good enough to move though so I started swinging my foot side to side.
"Oh thank heavens!" my parents exclaimed. I didn't know what the big deal was.
"Can you hear me?" Nurse Annie asked me, "Swing your foot if you can."
I swung my foot back and forth.
"Well, it looks like she's going to be ok. Just have her stay home from school for about a week, and she'll be fine. Good luck," she said to my parents.
I could open my eyes all the way now, and I was able to sit up a little bit.
"Mom?" I asked. She rushed over to me, "What happened?"
"We'll tell you all about it in the car. Right now we need to get you home."
"Please? Can't you tell me now?" I said wearily.
"No. I think after you sleep a little bit, we can tell you."
"Hey," my dad said, standing up from the stool, "At least she's asking to tell it now." He patted me on the shoulder, and helped me into a wheel chair.
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, "A wheel chair? Now I need to know what happened!"
"Not now sweetie," my mom said and she wheeled me out of the school building.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KokoroTsuki24 on May 28, 2009, 3:19:45 PM

KokoroTsuki24 on
KokoroTsuki24OO EM GEE!!!! thats AWESOME! *faves* hang on *FAVES SOME MORE!!!!!!!!! lolz