Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - So...What Happened?

Being cool doesn't always mean you're popular. But in this case, it does! (:

Chapter 2 - So...What Happened?

Chapter 2 - So...What Happened?
"Ok now seriously. I'm in the car now. Please. Just tell me what happened!" I complained. I was sitting in the back seat of the car. The leather made my skin stick to the seat since it was hot outside. Arizona gets really hot!
"Just tell her," my dad said. He was driving us home.
"Here, the nurse typed up a report of what happened," my mom said, "I'll read it to you," She took a piece of paper out of her black purse and started to read. "You have sixth period free, so you were walking to the Study Hall, and no one else was in the hallway with you. There was a note on your backpack, and when you found it, you looked at it. The note was tainted with something like chlorophorm, which smells very sweet." she started explaining what chlorophorm was, even though I already knew what it did. I let her talk about it though, because I was too tired to tell her I already knew what it was. "It makes people get knocked unconsious," she finished explaining, "So, you fell to the floor unconsious, and some nice boy, Jake Laverson, found you when he was walking to his locker to get some books for Study Hall. He picked you up, and took you to the nurse. He stayed here to make sure that you were ok, until you woke up, and he was dismissed back to class."
I was confused. Why would the most popular boy in the whole school want to even look at me? He didn't even know my name! But...oh my goodness! If he did pick me up, I could thank him! And that would give me some reason to talk to him! I perked up at the thought of that.
"So that's what happened?" I asked, still not believing that Jake Laverson picked me up.
"Yeah. Do you not beleive us?" My mom started laughing at that. I didn't get what was funny, but I just slumped against the car door and imagined what it would be like to even get to talk to Jake.
But would I really get to talk to him? I mean seriously, me. All he did was take me to the nurse.
I debated about it for the rest of the car ride, until I was safe in my own bed. The pillows were so comfortable, and so, I fell asleep.
When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes immediately. I could tell my parents were watching me. Weird...why would they watch me sleep? Geez, they must be really worried about me.
I pretended to be asleep still, and I could hear my parents whispering.
"Is she asleep?" came my mom's whisper.
"Duh. She's been asleep for about fourteen hours!" my dad's low voice came. He couldn't whisper, but he could talk low instead. I always thought it was weird that he couldn't whisper. Oh well, I guess everyone has their own weirdness to them somehow.
Wait - FOURTEEN HOURS?
I stirred quietly, stretched, and opened my eyes. My parents were sitting on little folding chairs in front of my bed. They looked very tired.
"Did you guys stay up all night just to watch me sleep or something?" I asked. My voice was raspy. I coughed, and it went back to normal.
"No. Not exactly," my dad said, "We just took turns. Every hour we would switch and the other one would sleep."
"I'm fine! Guys, really. You don't need to watch me sleep."
"Well..."
"But thanks for watching me last night, I guess."
"You're welcome."
My mom disappeared into the kitchen. I heard the toaster go BEEEEPPP!!! And a couple seconds later, a piece of toast was in front of me on an orange tray.
"Thanks, I was hungry." I smiled and took a bite of toast. I reached over to my night stand and grabbed my Tivo controller. I clicked TV ON, and my TV flashed on. Then, I clicked it to watch The Price Is Right. One of the best shows to watch when you don't feel that great.
"How do you feel?" My mom asked me.
"Ah, well, my head feels kind of funny, but other than that...tired and weak. That's pretty much it." I said, taking another bite of toast.
"Ok. Do you need anything else?" my mom asked me. I had almost finished my toast.
"Ummmmmm, well, I could eat some Cheerios. That's pretty much all I feel like eating, besides some crackers, but not for breakfast." I said. I looked at the clock. It was 8:42. AM, obviously.
The doorbell rang. Who could be at the door? School had started, so it wasn't any of my friends. I reached over to my night stand and grabbed my phone, and texted my friend, Stacy.

heyy! hows school 2day? is it boring like usual? lolz (:

About a minute later, I got a response:

hi! every1s talking bout u. ur like POPULAR now! im sooo jealous! jk!

I laughed and sent her back:

omg really??? i cant believe it! im like nooootttt popular at all!

u r now! is it true that jake flaverson picked u up and took u 2 the nurse???

yeah!!!!! i know! i didnt believe it! BUT HE DID!

OMG! u r the luckiest person i know right now! (:

haha i guess so! well i g2g. txt u l8r!

oh ok! ttyl!!

I didn't really have to leave but I didn't feel much like texting. So, I laid back on my pillows and relaxed.
A couple hours later, my phone rang three times. A new text! But it didn't say from any of my friends. It was just a number I didn't recognize. Should I open the text? I was starting to get a little hesitant...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment