Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: Vulkaan is born and trouble comes!

This story is about Vulkaan, a man whom travels around the world, meeting three strangers and that’s when his life took a strange turn!Gardian is also a part of this story. ;3

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: Vulkaan is born and trouble comes!

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: Vulkaan is born and trouble comes!
A woman screamed in pain. “Ahh…!” She screamed and panted as she pushed a newborn baby out of her. The doctor held the baby and said, “Congratulations! It’s a boy!” The mother smiled and slowly went to sleep.

Four years later
(This story id in Old Japan times) The mother gently shook a boy with long, black hair and whispered, “Vulkaan…it’s time to wake up.” Vulkaan stirred and woke up. HE got up, got dressed up and walked out. The mother called out, “Vulkaan! Your shoes!” But her call went unheard. A lot of boys hated Vulkaan because he is strange. Vulkaan have orange eyes, liked to wear dull orange, yellow, and red clothes, and had a strange interest in snakes. A lot of times, the boys tried to scare Vulkaan but he always scared them back with a snake in his hand.

The village knew of this and often saw Vulkaan with a new type of snakes. This made the village more aware of the snakes around the area. They could’ve killed them already but there was one problem. The boy. He didn’t like anyone trying to harm the snakes so he often tried to relocate them and it worked. It always drove the village mad, trying to find the snakes but finding none. But soon…that would change.

“Hey Vulkaan!” A boy cried, “ going barefoot again??” Other boys laughed and Vulkaan stared at the boy and said, “I rather go barefoot instead of wearing those uncomfortable sandals.” Vulkaan always had some wisdom in his words and that made everyone very uncomfortable around him. “Say what? These sandals always have protected our feet!” The boy said rather hotly, “Or u don’t know that??” “…. I know that but I’m a kid and you are ten. I see a lot of kids not wearing sandals so I prefer that way.” Vulkaan said with an eerie calm. “After all, soon I’ll be wearing sandals.” He walked off to the forest to find his friends.

Vulkaan couldn’t find the snakes. “Strange….” He said and suddenly heard a loud hissing of a huge snake. He turned around and saw a huge head, about the size of a cabbage, and it hissed. To Vulkaan, it could speak and it said, “you’re on my tail, human.” Vulkaan looked down and saw his foot on the tail. He moved his foot so the snake could have its tail back. “Thank you… Do you understand me?” The snake asked and Vulkaan replied, “Yes, I can, In fact I think I’m the only one whom can understand the language of snakes.” The snake was surprised and spoke gently, “Do other people treat you like an outcast?” “No, they don’t. They don’t know about this.” Vulkaan said.

The snake said goodbye and left. Vulkaan was happy or until he heard rustlings. He went to see who was and saw several boys running down the hill. Vulkaan realized with a horrible feeling that the boys saw everything. He ran deeper into the forest and found the snake again. The snake heard him and looked at him. Vulkaan panted and said, “The village boys have heard me talking to you!” “What? Oh no… Ssso they will hurt you?” the snake asked, looking down. “And what of me?” “I don’t know but we’ll have to stay away from the village.’ Vulkaan said. Both of them heard two pair of footsteps and the snake slithered quickly to hide.

Two older boys came out and found Vulkaan and said, “Vulkaan! We found a snake but we don’t know the breed.” They knew he couldn’t resist a new chance and they were right.

It was getting darker as they walked to the sleeping snake. “Whoa…” Vulkaan ran to see the glistening eyes. “Wow…” Vulkaan whispered. The snake head is about the size of a giant horse. One of the boys said, “Hey Vulkaan! How do we wake up this thing?” “I don’t know but I don’t think it’s a good idea to wake up this snake…” One of the boys picked up a stick and walked to the other eye. He said, “Let’s see how this snake reacts!” He slammed the stick right into the snake’s eye and it immediately woke up. The snake roared in fury and glared at the boy with the stick. “He hurt me!” the snake thought, and still feeling pain in his right eye, bit him with his fangs in high speed. Vulkaan knew it was time to go and grabbed boy and screamed, “Let’s go right now!!” The boy nodded and ran with Vulkaan to the village.

The snake roared and followed them closely to the village. The boy screamed to everyone, “Vulkaan woke up a terrible snake and it killed my brother!! It’s coming!” “What?! Why did he lie?” Vulkaan thought. He caught up to the boy and was about to aske him why did he lie until a huge hand came and grabbed Vulkaan by the shirt. Vulkaan heard a deep rumble and looked behind his back. The snake is coming. The village was terrified and believed the boy. All of the people said Vulkaan should be fed to the snake until a monk came and spoke, “Vulkaan is innocent and the boy’s brother was the one whom woke up the deadly Dark Flame Snake.” Vulkaan heard many gasp and whisper but one yelled, “How do you know?!” The monk said, “Do you see the boy’s brother and Vulkaan couldn’t have woke up the snake because he’s too weak to hit anything very hard.” He heard an angry roar, bellowing out of the forest and… It came out of the forest.

The whole village is in complete panic. The monk said to Vulkaan, “Are you willing to save your home?” “Yes! I don’t want to see sadness in here!” Vulkaan cried. The Snake set fire to several houses. “This will be painful for you but very necessary for saving the village.” The monk said with a sad look in his eyes, “Are you sure about this, Vulkaan? You know there’s no turning back…” “I know.” Vulkaan said with an eerie calm, “Just do it.” The monk sighed sadly and spoke, “Turn around and remove the shirt…” Vulkaan did what the monk asked and felt the man’s hand on his back. The monk raised his left hand to the snake and threw some strange aura balls. Three of them changed into foxes and they attacked the snake.

The snake roared in fury. Never before he has seen these strange aura foxes! And yet, he attacked them, but thy came back together. This confused him. The snake heard some chanting and turned around sharply, only to see such bright light. He saw a boy and tried to attack him but failed to do so because he was being absorbed into the boy’s back! The snake screamed in agony as he was being absorbed into those strange black lines that was growing bigger and realized. He is getting smaller and knew no more.

Vulkaan was in intense pain as the seal glowed bright purple color and groaned in pain. The monk immediately took Vulkaan to his home and put on ice – cold soaked cloth on Vulkaan’s seal. He felt the pain receding quickly and closed his eyes.
He woke up again and found out that he is in a wagon, not in his bed, and heard horses’ hooves hitting the ground. Vulkaan tried to speak but found out he couldn’t. He stared at the horizon and saw beautiful clouds, dappled with different shades of purple, pink, and orange as the sun was rising over the mountains.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Demonster on November 19, 2008, 4:51:24 AM

Demonster on
Demonsterwow... very exiting! =) nice job

pokemongirl on December 19, 2008, 11:05:02 AM

pokemongirl on
pokemongirlaww...thanks~! :D