Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Tough times!

This story is about Vulkaan, a man whom travels around the world, meeting three strangers and that’s when his life took a strange turn!Gardian is also a part of this story. ;3

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Tough times!

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Tough times!
His few first weeks with the monk were very hard…because He had to do things that the monk said. Oh, How he had longed for rest and sleep for a day! But the monk said the Snake would kill him while he slept. Over the time, he had become used to this kind of thing. One day, he asked the monk about the Snake. “Monk…what exactly is the Snake?? I know he is a big…no…not big, huge snake with a temper that could rival the Emperor’s temper….” Vulkaan said. He had become stronger. Just a bit. “Well…. You have heard of that kind of thing…. but! The Snake is not a normal over-sized snake. The Snake is….” The monk sighed. This was not going to be easy, he thought. “The Snake is quite special god creature.” “God creature?? What is that??” Vulkaan asked. He never heard of this before. Suddenly, He heard a rumble in his body, indicating that the Snake had awoken and heard parts of the conversation. The monk did not say anything more and kept steering the horse. Vulkaan wondered why is Monk sacred of the Snake. “Humans are easily frightened by anything they do not know or things that they no longer believe in.” The Snake whispered in his low and hissy voice. For some reason, Vulkaan seemed to be calm every time the Snake spoke. Vulkaan thought ” Maybe...is that why the Monk is afraid of you?” “Perhaps…” The Snake said calmly. He heard something that did not belong to them. He heard gallops and whinnyings. “Master!” Vulkaan said. “I know! It’s a band of thieves.” The monk said.

“C’mon guys! Let get them!” A voice screamed. Other voices cheered. He scowled at the thought of them killing people and stealing things. He was about to get up when the Monk said “Vulkaan! No! Sit down and wait!” Vulkaan was surprised at this and obeyed him. The monk pulled out a blue sphere and Vulkaan immediately recognized the sphere. It was that aura sphere but it was larger than those sphere he seen in the Snake’s memory. The Monk threw it behind the cart and snapped at the horse to make them gallop at the full speed. BOOM! A lot of screaming and crazy whinnying came from behind. He didn’t look back but he saw the Monk smile. Vulkaan wondered why is he smiling. He got a weird chill on his back and the Snake felt it too. A few hours later when Vulkaan said “We have been riding for so long…. let’s have a break!” “Ok. It’s a good idea…considering that this horses is tired by now.” The Monk said so casually. The horses looked like they could drop dead immediately and never get up. When the monk found a perfect place for the horses and stopped there, Vulkaan got off the cart so quickly that he actually fell on his face. The monk sighed and said “ this is why I train you…. so you won’t do a thing like that!” He got up and chuckled “sorry Master… I guess I was a bit too excited….”

Immediately he got hit by the Monk and looked at him with shocked face. “Get up. Time to train.” The Monk said. Vulkaan nodded and got up and dodged a kick from the monk. He should’ve known that the monk always tried to find a perfect time to do this. Well…. now he found that! Vulkaan thought grimly and he dodged some more hits from his master. The monk said “ C’mon Vulkaan…. hit me!” He tried to do that but… his master grabbed him by his ankles and swung him to the ground. THUD. Vulkaan grunted and got up after the monk let go of his ankles. He swung at him again but when the monk was going to do the same thing… Vulkaan immediately punched him in the face. The monk was surprised by this and said “Good! But…. You forgot something!” His master did not have any mercy upon the 10-year-old boy and pushed an aura sphere in Vulkaan’s stomach. Vulkaan grunted painfully and got blasted away from his master by the aura sphere and fell to the ground. The Monk said, “Get up, Vulkaan! We must strength your body, should anything happens to you…. you must be prepared!” “Prepared for what??” Vulkaan thought. Never less, he got up and charged at his master. The monk smiled and continued to train him. By the nightfall, both were too tired to get up, never mind about fire and such. Vulkaan sighed and got up painfully. He sighed again and walked to his master. He started to hear some noises and turned around to see who was behind him. Fwoosh…Everything went dark. Vulkaan asked himself, “ What is going on?? What kind of magic is this??” He heard some weird growling and felt some heat on his body. Something hissed in his ear and tried to bite him.

“AHH!” Vulkaan immediately woke up and found himself on the bed…. the same bed he had slept normally for 4 years. He panted and sighed. “ Not again…” He sighed again and flopped back down on the bed. He remembered his age and said it to himself “18…boy…. I did feel like I was 10…” He squeezed his eyes shut and asked the snake. “ Hey…why do u keep giving me nightmares?” No response. The Snake always did this. Vullkaan sighed once again and got up from his bed. He went to kitchen to get himself something to drink and to eat. He wondered what really happened on that night, for he had no memory of it at all. He growled in frustration and went to cook something. Knock Knock. He said, “Come in!” A boy who looked like he was in a fight came to Vulkaan and sniffed the food. He said “ Oh boy…. can I have some??” “No, Wolf.” Vulkaan said tiredly “ Why can’t you cook for yourself??” Wolf responded “ Oh. Maybe because I’m a wolf??” He wagged his tail. Vulkaan glared at him and sighed. Vulkaan always hated having to cook for him. It made his supplies go low faster than what he wanted it to go. Vulkaan cooked some thick bacon and gave it to him, “ Here you go….” Wolf wagged his tail happily and started to eat. Vulkaan smiled and cooked some eggs and some bacon for himself. Both of them ate their breakfast. Wolf asked, “ Did you have that nightmare again??” Vulkaan nodded. “Well” Wolf said rather uncertainly “ It’s starting to show clearly on your face and in your behavior…”

Vulkaan blinked and hit his head on the table. “AH! What are you doing to yourself, Vulkaan?!” Wolf screamed, “ I don’t want to fix you!” Vulkaan smiled. He always loved to make Wolf panic and hear him scream. Vulkaan said, “ Well…it is quite impossible for me to break my head…” “Yeah…say you.” Wolf said a bit darkly “ Try biting a deer’s head in half” Vulkaan grimaced at the thought of it. “Gross…” “ Yeah…” “So…what brings you here?” Vulkaan asked. He knew this was not normal for Wolf to come back here. “Well…” Wolf said nervously “ you remember that weird wolf den we found before??” “How could I forget it?” Wolf nearly got both of them killed by Dire vampire wolves, just because Wolf was in their territory. Wolf chuckled uneasily and said “ well… I accidentally went near it again and…. I think some of them is looking for me…” Vulkaan was in disbelief and sighed again. Wolf was always, somehow, finding ways to trouble, even if he didn’t mean it.

Vulkaan sighed and looked at Wolf. “Hey…how did u get close to their territory??” “hm? Oh…um…I was looking for some berries and then, boom! I’m there.” Wolf said. Scrape scrape Vulkaan looked at the door and started to walk…if he could walk, that is…Wolf tackled him down and whispered in his ear “don’t do it! It’s them!!” Vulkaan sighed and wondered how he met Wolf. It was 4 years ago that he had met Wolf through a fight. You should’ve seen Wolf back then…he seemed to snap at everything. Of course… he did this at Vulkaan, whom was in a bad mood that day. Both went into a fight and Vulkaan won. Now…back to the present. “…O-ok….” Growls Both jumped at the sound and, since Wolf got off him when both of them jumped, Vulkaan ran to the door and opened it. He felt sharp pain in his stomach area. He looked down and saw a wolf with wings biting him. He growled and punched the wolf off. Wolf shrieked “I TOLD YOU, VULKAAN!!” Vulkaan sighed and said, “shut up.” The pack flung themselves at Vulkaan but Vulkaan was prepared. He brought out his Fire sword and immediately slashed at them. The pack yelped and writhed in pain as the searing sword was brought to their chest and they died. Wolf was so amazed at this but immediately realized Vulkaan was swaying and ran to Vulkaan before he could fall. “Vulkaan!! Are you alright?? Vulkaan!! Answer me…please answer me…” Vulkaan passed out and when he woke up he found himself in that same dream again…but he was watching 10 year old boy. He realized he was watching younger himself. Everything went dark once again but… he saw something he didn’t see 8 years ago…he saw the snake. As if it was free from the seal.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment