Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Like the birds

not really a poem =P

Chapter 1 - Like the birds

Chapter 1 - Like the birds
Birds soar effortlessly with such grace through an endless sheet of cyan and white.
A baby laughs and points to them, as if longing to join them, gliding through the air like that.
This fascinates me, because i too wish to fly like them, to escape the havoc and stress that is so commonplace here on the ground.
AS i lounge beneath my tree, i close my eyes and imagine...
To be like the birds, my fixation, my desire...

I look to the sky, knowing what awaits me.
I TAKE OFF! i flap my wings until im soaring across the sky, the wind caressing my face, and the sun warming me, then i ascend higher, farther away from the hustle and bustle.
But i no longer hear the commotion below me, nothing but the sound of the breeze breathing life into the trees.
Its all so serene, so at peace.
Over the sea i glide now, listening to its gentle song of aquatic beauty.
I smile to myself, because i know this feeling will stay for awhile..
I lose my wings suddenly, and i fall toward the ocean, slowly, not as fast as u might think.
My eyes open, and i see the baby again.
He's asleep now, and i wonder to myself whether he's dreaming what i did...

To be like the birds...

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Zenshii on December 18, 2007, 8:37:56 AM

Zenshii on
ZenshiiToo wonderful for words ^__^

Graceful8Vampire8Godess8 on December 18, 2007, 8:24:27 AM

Graceful8Vampire8Godess8 on
Graceful8Vampire8Godess8Ohh, very well written :) I like it!

UltimateNinja on December 18, 2007, 8:16:36 AM

UltimateNinja on
UltimateNinjathat is good...i love birds...
well not really..but i like this.