Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Are you Worthy?

15 year old Draco will be returning to Hogwarts soon but not before staying the summer at home. His parents have thrown a 'business' party and Draco must attend. There he meets Crystal Rose, but he thinks nothing of her.... until she’s the only thing

Chapter 2 - Are you Worthy?

Chapter 2 - Are you Worthy?


Crystal rolled over in her bed as her brother walked into her room. “Come on wake up!” he said as he pulled the drapes away from the window and letting the light in. Crystal ground as she pulled the covers over her head.

“Five more minuets” she mumbled. Jack walked over and pulled the covers off his sister's head.

“Come on Cris,” he said using his sister's nickname. “Father wants to see us before he leaves.” Crystal yawned as she sat up in her bed, she looked at her brother. “Ok ill get up,” she grumbled still sitting in her bed. Jack didn't move. “What?” she asked her brother looking him in his eyes.

“Come on Cris, if I leave you, you wont get out of bed.” He said staring her straight back in the eyes.

“Alright” sighed Crystal as she removed her covers and placed her feet on the ground. She quickly recoiled. ”Stupid cold floor!” she exclaimed as she slowly put her feet back on the floor. She rose from her bed and walked to her bathroom .She heard her brother shut the door to her room. Crystal turned on the water to her shower and waited for it to warm before she got in. She sighed as the warm water flowed over her body. Soon she got out and walked to her closet, her wet body shivering slightly in the draft mansion. Crystal looked at her clothes she pulled out a green t-shirt and a pair of old comfy jeans. Crystal walked out to the hallway and then to the front door where her brother was waiting with their father.

“Ah there you are Crystal,” said her father putting his had on the door handle. “I must be off!” he said opening the door “Eric” he said referring to their butler “will be taking you to the station.

For a moment Crystal was confused
the station? She asked herself as a slight look of confusion came a cross her face.

Jack looked at her sister the two of them had always had a strong bond. One because after their mother had died and their father was constantly working they spent most of their time together and it also was strong because of the fact they were twins. Jack was able to tell exactly what his sister was thinking She doesn't remember what today is does she? He asked himself. Jack leaned over and whispered in his sister's ear. “We go to Hogwarts today. `Member?” he asked her.

Crystal shook her head no to her brother's question. She had forgotten.

Jack gave a small look of surprise. It wasn't like his sister to forget something. Jack pulled his glance away from his sister as he heard the front door shut. Their father was off on a business trip for Mister Malfoy but first he had to stop by Malfoy mansion. Crystal and Jack walked to the dining room where the two of them sat down side one another, and waited for their breakfast to be served. Breakfast was quiet as the two of them ate. The silence was only disturbed every once and a while with the clinking of their forks against their plates.

After a couple more minutes of silence their butler, Eric, walked into the room and cleared his throat “We shall be leaving in five minuets,” He told the two of them. Both Crystal and Jack nodded their heads and then turned back to their breakfast.

Crystal looked down at her plate of food. She wasn't really that hungry. Crystal was nervous. Normally she didn't feel like this at all but she was starting a new school in a new country, but she felt she had to be brave. For Jack that is Jacks always been so shy around people can't let him down he needs me he's probably just as scared as I am.

Jack looked at his sister. She seems so calm…. but I know she isn't he thought as he pushed his eggs around on his plate. Suddenly Crystal stood up.

“Um I need to get something from my trunk.” She said and made her way up the great flight of stairs. Crystal opened the door to her bedroom and lay down on her bed. She closed her eyes for a moment and then sat up. She went to the end of her bed where her trunk was. Crystal opened the lock and peered down into the trunk. After rummaging around for a moment she pulled out a small book looking thing. She opened it to an empty page. Slowly ink appeared in small neat handwriting.



I'm scarred. What will they think of me? I've lived in America all my life but now im here…

There was a knock on the door. The ink stopped writing. Crystal quickly stuffed the diary back into her trunk and locked the lid. “Come in!” she said to the person behind the door. The door opened to reveal Jack.

“Come on Cris,” he said swallowing the bit of toast he had in his mouth “we have to go now.” Jack stood in the doorway as his sister rose from the floor of her room. Just then a young man walked into the room and picked up her trunk.

“Morning Crystal!” he said as he lifted the trunk.

“Morning Tom.” She replied with a curt nod in his direction.

Tom blushed he had always had a slight sweet spot for Crystal even though she was sixteen and he was eighteen she was the only girl that had ever really excepted him for who he was and not his appearance. Tom had been a handsome looking man until he had fallen into a battle with one of his rivals in school. During the fight his opponent had tricked him and he fell. He almost didn't survive the fall but he did and was left with scratches and bruises. All went away except for one scar that went from the corner his mouth to his right jaw, giving him a look as though he always had an evil impish grin on his face. Tom carried the trunk out to the car, and then he helped Crystal in, but not before receiving a small light kiss from her on his left cheek.



Crystal stepped onto the platform with Jack right behind her. She moved to the side as a red haired boy a brown harried girl and a black haired boy walked onto the platform as well.

“Hurry up `arry!” said the red haired boy and accidentally bumped into Crystal “sorry” he mumbled then moved on.

Crystal watched as the two other s followed the boy. Crystal walked to the entry of the train and stepped on. Everyone was talking to one another and having a great time. Crystal looked into the compartments as she passed one held the group that had passed them when they had been boarding along with a pair of red haired twins and a timid looking boy with slightly large front teeth holding onto a toad. Crystal stopped in front of a compartment. It only held one girl and she was looking out of the window but Crystal could see the badge she had sewn onto her robes it had an emblem of a snake. Crystal opened the door. “Um excuse me,” she said as the girl looked in her direction. “Can we sit here?” Crystal asked.

The girl looked at both Crystal and Jack she appeared to be checking if they were worthy enough to be in her site. Finally she decided and gave a slight nod with her head.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment