Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Under the Hat

15 year old Draco will be returning to Hogwarts soon but not before staying the summer at home. His parents have thrown a 'business' party and Draco must attend. There he meets Crystal Rose, but he thinks nothing of her.... until she’s the only thing

Chapter 4 - Under the Hat

Chapter 4 - Under the Hat


The four of them walked into the castle where they met a rather old woman with gray hair bulled back into a tight bun at the nape of her neck. Her emerald green robes flowed our around her. “Hello” she began “I am professor McGonagall.” She stated, “You must be Mister and Miss. Rose.” she said looking at Crystal and Jack.
“Um yes, we are.” Said Crystal looking at the professor.
“Good then follow me,” she said to the two of them “Mister Malfoy, Miss. Parkinson you may go to the great hall now.” She said.
Draco gave one last quick look at Crystal before following Pansy to the great hall. Draco sat down across from pansy and between Crabbe and Goyal. The two of them had to take a separate carriage up to the castle. Dumbledore stood before the students and began to speak. “Welcome to another year at Hogwarts,” he said “Before we sort the new first years I must introduce you to some new students. Both whom will be starting their 6th year here” he told the group of students. “Ah here they come now.” He said his gaze going to the back of the hall. All the students' heads turned in the direction of his gaze.
Crystal walked up the space between the tables and Jack followed she could feel all the eyes on her and her brother. The two of them walked to the front of the hall with McGonagall right behind them. McGonagall pulled out her wand a conjured a stool that she placed on the ground visible to almost everyone in the hall.
“Please sit on the stool,” she said looking at Jack.
Jack walked to the stool, his body slightly shaking with the fright of being in a new school and standing in front of all the people. Jack sat down on the stool he looked out at the students who all looked back at him but soon his vision was obscured when a large old worn hat was placed on his head. It slipped down hitting the bridge of his nose.

Ah. Said a small voice inside his head. A new one eh? Not a first year but….a sixth! Hum moved from America. The voice echoed inside his head. But where shall we place you? Slytherin? No, not cunning enough. Hufflepuff? No, they do not seem to be your type either. Very complex mind. Reminds me of Harry Potter's it does! Hum you would do well in Ravenclaw you are smart, but hum I think you would do best in………Gyriffindor!” the voice suddently shouted aloud to the hall. The hat was removed from Jacks head as the school began to cheer. All of the students were cheering except for those sitting under some green colored banners. The loudest of them were the ones sitting under the maroon colored banners. Jack jumped from the stool and made his way over to the table. Everyone was congratulating him. Crystal watched as her brother sat down with the girl and two boys she had seen earlier while they were at the station and when they had been on the train.
“Come on you next” said the professor.
Crystal sat down on the stool, and like Jack, an old hat was placed on her head.
Ah a sister now. You are very different from your brother. Not as timid I see tends to speak her mind now. Hum you would do well in Gryffindor with your brother but alas I think just like your brother has some hidden bravery I see you have special gift as well but one far different from your brothers so I guess you'll be in Slytherin!” the voice shouted. The hat was removed and Crystal walked over to sit next to Pansy. She remembered that Pansy was in Slytherin She looked across the table and saw Draco. She had forgotten that he was in this house as well.
“I feel sorry for your brother,” said pansy as the group of first years flooded in the great hall. “He's stuck with Potter and his horrid gang” scoffed Pansy. Soon the sorting hat began its song.

For years I've been here
For years ill be
For I am the smartest hat you see
Ill get inside your minds
See your special talents
Your fears
And your joy divine.
Then ill shout out to which house you belong.
And away you go to be accepted among the throng…

The sorting hat finished and Professor McGonagall called up the first new student. Joe Arra. She said. Joe was sorted into Slytherin. After listening to a few more people being sorted like Arond, Robin (who was in Hufflepuff) and Bonton, Brian (who was put into Slytherin) Crystal tuned the rest out. Soon the sorting was done and the feast began. Crystal was quiet for the most part as she picked at her food. Soon the feast ended and the tables were cleared. As the students rose to leave for their common rooms, Dumbledore stood as well. “One moment please.” He said `I wish to see Mister Malfoy, Mister Potter, Mister Rose and Miss Rose in my office before they go to their dormitories. That is all you may leave” the crowd continued to move again but Draco Crystal Jack and Harry stayed sitting at their tables. Once the students had cleared the four of them walked to Dumbledore's office “sherbet lemon” said Harry, and a staircase began to rise. They walked up the stairs the only sound was their shoes hitting the cold stone steps. When they reached the top, Harry knocked. “Come in,” said a voice slightly muffled. Harry opened the door “you wanted to see us professor Dumbledore?” he asked
“Ah yes,” said Dumbledore pulling out his wand from his robes “please have a seat” he said and with a flick of his wand, four rather plush comfortable looking chairs appeared. The four of them sat down.
“Now” he began “I have called you here to ask if…...”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment