Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Mister Mysterious.

15 year old Draco will be returning to Hogwarts soon but not before staying the summer at home. His parents have thrown a 'business' party and Draco must attend. There he meets Crystal Rose, but he thinks nothing of her.... until she’s the only thing

Chapter 7 - Mister Mysterious.

Chapter 7 - Mister Mysterious.


Zack stayed gazing out the window after all the rest of the boys in the dorm had gone to sleep. He could hear Neville's slight snoring and Deans quiet mumbling in his sleep. Zack scratched Smolder on top of his scaly head. He sighed and rose from the windowsill he had been sitting on and went to his bed and lifted the covers. Zack crawled in to his bed and covered himself and the Dragon then he closed the draperies that surrounded his bed. He knew that Jack had noticed him and that Jack had probably figured that he had seen him before, and he had. It was quiet a while ago. About to years, but Zack had been there when it all had happened. He closed his eyes and snuggled down in to his bed soon he fell asleep.
Zack awoke the next morning with Smolder sleeping on his pillow above his head. Zack rolled out of his bed. The rest of the boys had already gotten dressed and left for breakfast. He dressed in his robes and picked up Smolder cradling him in his arms. The dragon gave a small growl; he didn't like being disturbed from its sleep. Zack smiled at the dragon “Come on boy” he said out loud to the empty room “it's the first day of classes” Zack walked to the door and shifted Smolder into one arm. He reached out to open the door, when the door opened by itself. Harry entered the room.
“Oh hullo Zack” said Harry as he walked over to his trunk.
Zack gave a small nod acknowledging Harry's hullo. Zack walked from the room and down the stairs leading him to the common room. He pushed aside the portrait that covered the entrance to the common room. He walked down the hallway with Smolder balancing on his shoulder. Zack sat down across from Ginny and grabbed a piece of toast. He carefully buttered it. Zack took a bite of his toast as Smolder slithered down on to the table and nibbled on a bit of sausage that Zack had placed on his plate for him. Zack soon finished his toast and gulped down the goblet of orange juice that was set before him. He wiped his mouth with a napkin and rose from the table. He picked up Smolder and cradled him in his arms once again.
“Zack” said a voice from behind him. It was Professor McGonagal “here's your schedule,” she said as she held out a piece of paper to him. Zack took it as Smolder wound around his neck. Zack looked down at it as Crystal walked past him.
“Morning Jack” he heard her say, as she gave her brother a small hug.
Zack watched as Hermione Ron looked at Crystal a bit quizzically. Crystal talked to her brother for a minuet more before returning to her own table.
“There's not a witch or wizard who hasn't gone bad in Slytherin” said Hermione in a horse whisper.
Jack went over his schedule in his head today was Tuesday.
Tuesday
Breakfast-7:30
Potions- 8:00 Gryffindor and Slytherin

His schedule continued like so. He slowly walked to the dormitory. He needed to gather his books that he would need for his morning classes. He shoved some parchment and some extra quills into his bag. And left the dormitory once more. Zack headed to the dungeons for potions. Zack sat down as a trickle of sixth years began to come in. The Slytherins and Gryffindors automatically separated. A group on each side. As the class settled down and everyone took their seats Snape came bursting into the room.

“Today” he said, and everyone became quiet. “We are going to make a shrinking potion.” He told the class as he turned to face them. “Now everyone pare up!”

Everyone shuffled around the room to pair up with their friend. Zack just stood there. He waited till everyone had found a partner then went to go sit down next to a Gryffindor girl who was mumbling about how her two best friends were in a pair and she was stuck with Zack. He said nothing.

“Great” he heard the girl mumble, “I'm stuck with mister mysterious!”

Zack gave a small smirk. He knew what the girl said was true. No one really knew that much about him. He never let anyone get that close to him to find out about him. The most that people knew about him was his name and that he had a pet dragon named Smolder and that he was fairly smart, but other than that he was a complete mystery.

The class dragged on. Crystal ended up being paired with Ron. Draco glared at the two of them through out the whole class. Especially when Ron was blushing.

Zack walked from the class once it was over. His potion had turned out pretty well and at least it got Griffyindor some points but not enough to make up for the ones Snape had taken on the fact that Neville's potion had turned a bright shade of violet when it should have been a cerulean blue. Zack walked down the hall and out the doors down to Hagrid's hut. Care of Magical Creatures with the Slytherins. He sighed as he waited for the class to start. Students were still arriving. He played with the tip of Smolders tail. `I don't need to take this class' He thought. `I know enough about the creatures as it is. But they said I need to have seven years of Care of Magical Creatures to graduate' He suddently fell to the ground almost crushing Smolder in the process. He turned to see Crystal who had tripped on a tree root jutting from the ground. “Sorry” she said and held out her hand to help him up. For a moment he made no move his eyes caught on to hers and held for a moment. `Her eyes.' He thought `but no can this mean that she is the one?' he asked himself.
“Gather round everyone.” Said a gruff voice pulling Zack from his thoughts. He reached hesitantly and grasped Crystal's hand. His body was filled with an unusual warm tingling feeling. She pulled him to his feet and dropped his had. Immediately the feeling stopped.
`Can she really be the chosen one?'

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dominikki13 on March 28, 2006, 4:55:50 AM

Dominikki13 on
Dominikki13it's a nicely written story, but if this is the sixth year, shouldn't snape be gone and professor dumbledor dead, or are you gonna put that in there at the end?