Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Much love, Tom

15 year old Draco will be returning to Hogwarts soon but not before staying the summer at home. His parents have thrown a 'business' party and Draco must attend. There he meets Crystal Rose, but he thinks nothing of her.... until she’s the only thing

Chapter 8 - Much love, Tom

Chapter 8 - Much love, Tom


School had passed quickly and both Jack and Crystal had settled in.

Crystal slumped back into her chair as the light emitted from the fireplace flickered. Her quill paused above her parchment.

“Come on Cris” said Mandee as she ran down the stairs “lets go to dinner you have the whole weekend to finish your homework. Mandee paused at the entrance to the common room.

Crystal sighed before gathering all her things in a small pile then shoving them in her bag. “Ok just let me put my things away.” Crystal ran up the stairs her bag slung over her shoulder. She laid her bag in a chair by her bed. She turned and had barley taken two steps when she heard a small rapping sound on the glass of the windows. Crystal turned to see a medium sized tawny owl with large gray eyes almost silver in the moonlight. Crystal opened the window and the owl flew in settling its self carefully on the armrest of the chair. The owl stretched its leg out and waited patiently till Crystal untied the letter. Once the letter was removed from its leg the owl began to clean its feathers. Crystal gave it a small pat on the head before shoving the letter in the back pocket of her jeans and rushing out of the room.

Mandee watched as Crystal flew down the stairs coming to a stop right in front of her. “Ok let's go” she said simply and turned to leave.

“Wait where's Pansy?” asked Crystal “I haven't seen her since our last class.” Said Crystal her brow furrowing slightly.

“Oh she's off with Draco somewhere” Said Mandee waving her hand airily “Now lets get down to the great hall, I'm starving!” she exclaimed. Her stomach growled as if to prove her point.

“Ok yeah lets go,” the two friends walked down the quiet corridor. As they neared the great hall noise became more apparent. The two of walked in, the bright lights of the great hall different from the flickering torches of the schools corridors. The girls walked over to the tables and sat down across from a small group of giggling first year girls talking about the `cute' boys. They piled their plates with food, Mandee started eating right away. Crystal on the other hand picked at her food slightly. Mandee paused and took a gulp of her pumpkin juice.

“All right what's wrong Cris?” she asked setting the goblet down.

“Huh?” said Crystal her head snapping up from its bent position over her food.

“What's wrong?” Mandee repeated.

“Uh nothing I'm just not really hungry a bit tiered too,” she said in response to her friend's question. “Infact” she said rising form the bench “I think I'll go to bed early night”

Before Mandee could say anything in response to her friend, Crystal had flitted off.

Crystal wondered aimlessly down the corridors a few students passing her every now and then. She reached the common room with out realizing it. She walked in and headed up the stairs to the room she shared with the rest of the Slytherin girls. She shoved her hands into the back pockets of her jeans her hand rubbing up against the letter. She pulled the slightly crumpled letter from her pocket and smoothed it out giving a glance at the handwriting on the front. It was Tom's she smiled Tom's letters normally carried good news. She set the letter on her bed and rummaged through her suitcase for a moment before pulling out her black leather bound diary. She sat on her bed and flipped to a fresh page. The ink soon began oozing out on to the page.

I'm worried…I don't really know why I just have a knot in my stomach. I just have a strange feeling that oh I really don't know I'm just paranoid but why I am I don't know. I've felt like this since I tripped and fell into Zack a while back. That was what about five weeks ago? It's almost Halloween. The look that he gave me it was almost like he was giving me an x-ray to see if I was `the one'. Ha I really need to stop thinking like that `the one'? Yeah right. I received a letter from Tom today.

The ink paused as Crystal set down the diary and opened the letter.

Dear Crystal,

So sorry it has taken so long for me to reply to your last letter but I have been very busy. Your father left me to look after the estate while he left on another business trip for Mister Malfoy.
Things are going fairly well here a little hectic every now and then but that's all. Not much to say really. I hope you are doing well at Hogwarts I remember my sixth year. Good times. I must wrap up this letter I am needed in the kitchen something about the house elves.

Much love,
Tom

Crystal smiled and re- folded the letter. It was always good to hear from Tom no matter if he didn't have any great news. She looked down at his signature along with the much love. Her smile widened at that. She had a sweet spot for Tom UN knowing that Tom had one for her as well. “He'll never like me though” she said aloud to the empty room”

Mandee ran into the room startling Crystal. She was soon followed by Pansy the two of them twittered about a dance “Oh Crystal!” exclaimed pansy “Their having a Halloween Dance and we all have to wear costumes! Of course im going with my Dracipoo!” She exclaimed. The girls settled down into their beds. Pansy dreaming of Draco. Down the hall lay Draco dreaming of someone entirely different...Crystal

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment