Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Secret loves and Velos

15 year old Draco will be returning to Hogwarts soon but not before staying the summer at home. His parents have thrown a 'business' party and Draco must attend. There he meets Crystal Rose, but he thinks nothing of her.... until she’s the only thing

Chapter 9 - Secret loves and Velos

Chapter 9 - Secret loves and Velos


Jack opened his eyes to the bright sunlight he thought back to the night before. He had rushed from the Great Hall after Dumbledore had made the announcement. He saw the girls giving him small glances out of the corners of their eyes. He had gone to the common room and stayed there till a small trickle of students came in. Jack spied a couple of sixth year girls whispering and pointing in his direction. He rose from his seat and rushed to his room. Where he saw Dean and Semus sitting on Dean's bed finishing a game of wizards chess they had started before dinner.

“There you are!” said Dean as he saw Jack walk in. “loads of girls were looking for you after Dumbledore made that announcement,” said Dean as he watched Semus's bishop demolish his side castle.

“So many girls” agreed Semus “You would think you're a Vela the way they were swarming and asking for you” he said as he opened a package of Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans.

Dean leaned over and hit his friend in the back of the head causing him to spill the beans. “Velas' are women not men you idiot! There's no such thing as a male Vela…..nothing close to it either if there was it would be Velns' or sumthin'”

Semus fumbled trying to pick up the beans that were lost in the covers. “You could have said that without hitting me!” he grumbled.

Jack gave a small nervous laugh. “Yeah Velns'” he repeated. He bit on his lip. `Velo actually. I knew this would happen' He thought to himself `I need to talk to Crystal'

Jacks eyes flickered to the window where Zack normally sat. Zack was there with Smolder in his lap. His blue green eyes seemed to look right through him. Jack shuddered. Did Zack know? About him being a Velo?……no no one knew. No one even knew what a Velo was. Velos had originated in a small Hawaiian island that had formed after an explosion from a sea volcano and in that explosion somehow Velos' were formed. Jack was part Velo from his father. Had his father of married a Vela he would have been a full Velo but he wasn't which he was glad of. He had the same effect Velas' had on men but on women. “I'll be right back” he said and rushed out of the room. He passed some girls in the common room a few called out his name.

“Jack” he paused at the sound of her voice. He turned to see her run over to him. Her bushy brown hair was pulled back away from her face. Her warm brown eyes peered into his green ones. Her nose slightly speckled with freckles.

“ Uh hi Hermione,” he said “You wanted something?” he asked.

“Well you look a bit troubled.” She said placing a warm hand on his arm. “Are you ok?” She asked her face flooded with concern.

Jack blushed at the feeling of her hand. “Uh ….Uh …” he was at a loss of words for a moment but he soon collected himself. “Um yeah I'm fine.”

“Oh um ok” said Hermione. She looked down at her hand gripping his arm she blushed and pulled away. “I'll let you go now then” she said “bye” and with a small wave she hurried off not waiting for a good bye from Jack.

Jack left the common room and hurried off top the owlery. He saw his owl a large brown one its eyes a piercing blood red. Jack called it down and pulled a scrap piece of parchment from his pocket and a pen. Ever since he arrived at Hogwarts he had been using quills but still he had a little trouble with them blotting his paper and other things.

Cris,
It's happening again.

He jotted down. He looked at the letter as his owl peered over his shoulder giving a soft hoot. Jack bent over the parchment once again and signed his name.

“Here take this to Cris” he said and pushed the owl out the window.

~*~

Draco lay in his bed. They had gotten to dinner late and had only caught Dumbledore's announcement. Pansy had become excited. Of course she wanted to go and of course she wanted to go with him. He sighed to himself as he pulled the covers further up on his body. Truth is he wanted to go with Crystal. He was finally able to admit it to himself but he liked no he loved Crystal. He sighed and shut his eyes. He slept through the night peacefully Crystal no longer lingered in his dreams.

Draco woke the next morning to sunlight spilling into the room. He winced at the brightness. He got up from his bed and quickly dressed. He walked down the stairs the common room empty except for one brown haired green-eyed girl sitting on the couch holding a small leather book. “Morning Crystal” He said.

~*~

Crystal woke early and grabbed her diary and headed down to the common room. She reclined on the couch the common room empty she had it to herself. She opened her diary to a clean page. She had got her brothers letter last night. It's happening again was all it said. She sighed. Jack didn't like the attention that him being half Velo brought him. Her thoughts started to flow onto the empty page when she heard his cool icy voice come from behind her. “Morning Crystal.” “Morning Draco” she replied her voice toneless.

~*~

Hermione had gone back to her seat after her talk with jack. She looked down into her clasped hands. Jack could never like her. Not when all those other girls liked him he could have any of them so why choose her. She slowly dragged herself up to the room. It was empty. She sat down in front of a vanity her elbows resting on a copy of 1,000 Magical Herbs. No Jack could never like her.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment