Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Phantom of the Hogwarts Grounds

15 year old Draco will be returning to Hogwarts soon but not before staying the summer at home. His parents have thrown a 'business' party and Draco must attend. There he meets Crystal Rose, but he thinks nothing of her.... until she’s the only thing

Chapter 11 - Phantom of the Hogwarts Grounds

Chapter 11 - Phantom of the Hogwarts Grounds


Crystal brushed the hair out of her face and finished applying her mascara. She wasn't one for make-up really but it was Halloween and she added it for effect of her costume. She stood up and spun around, the red Mexican flamingo dress flared out around her. “So what do you think?” she asked Mandee, who was dressed as an angel.



“You look great.” said Mandee “I wouldn't be surprised if Blaise asked you to marry him after he sees you in that” smirked the girl.



Crystal blushed slightly at what Mandee said “Come on let's go” said Crystal pulling the dorm room open. She walked down the stairs to see Blaise waiting at the bottom.



Blaise's mouth dropped open slightly.” You…You look amazing,” he murmured in her ear, as he wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her lightly on the cheek.



“You don't look half bad yourself” Crystal said returning his kiss only this time on his lips.



Blaise was dressed as a pirate, he wore a leather vest with no shirt underneath showing off his well toned muscles.



“Let's get going” said Aaron who was dressed as a werewolf, his date was Mandee.



At that moment Draco walked down the stairs and his eyes fell on Crystal. `She looks stunning in that' thought Draco. He shook his head at the sound of Blaise's voice.



“How come your not dressed?” asked Blaise, when he looked up at Draco as he came down the stairs.



“Pansy still has my costume, and I have no clue what the heck it is” said Draco. “Is she up in the dorm?” he asked Mandee.



“Yeah” Mandee replied “I'll go get her for you” Mandee turned on her heel and went back upstairs, in no time she returned with Pansy who was wearing a large old dress. She thrust a bag of cloths into Draco's hands. “Hurry up and get dressed” she told him “We don't want to be late!”



Draco turned and rolled his eyes. She didn't expect him to dance this time did she? Even if she did he wouldn't dancing really wasn't his thing…..if he did dance with anyone it would be her……Crystal…… Draco paused midway up the winding staircase “You have to stop thinking of her like that” he scolded himself. “She is with Blaise and you are with Pansy, anyways” he continued up the stairs. “She doesn't like you like that”



Downstairs Blaise, Crystal, Mandee, and Aaron decided to leave for the feast. The dance would come right after their dinner.



Pansy waited for Draco on the couches. She waited five more minuets, when Draco came back down. He was wearing a tux, and a black cape, half of his face was covered by a white mask.



“Who the hell am I?” asked Draco when he saw Pansy.



“You're the Phantom of the Opera!” Pansy Squealed “and I am Christine the woman you love” she sighed. Draco sneered but Pansy took no notice of this as she dragged him down to the great hall.



Crystal giggled as Blaise whispered” Draco would do everyone a whole lot of good if he kept that mask on forever” in her ear as Draco and Pansy sat down across from them.



Draco glared at Blaise, as he served himself some food. The group ate in silence for most of the meal. When everyone was finished the plates and food vanished. Dumbledore had them all stand up and move to the back of the hall. He waved his hand and the tables slid up along the empty walls to create a dance floor. With another wave of his hand a stage appeared.



“Tonight we will be hosting The Night Crawlers!” He said. The students cheered and clapped as a puff of smoke appeared and then cleared reveling five teenage boys. One of them held a bass, one a guitar, one was seated behind some drums, and another stood behind the keyboard. The fifth one stood at the front of the stage.





The dance seemed to go well on into the night, at around eleven Crystal pulled Blaise by his arm out to the grounds. She seated herself on the edge of the fountain and smiled up at Blaise who's figure was outlined by the moons light.



Blaise seated himself next to her. “I must be the luckiest guy here tonight” he murmured in her ear.



Crystal felt a small flush grace her cheeks, as Blaise's arm snaked it's way her waist, she shifted her weight slightly, and Blaise shifted his so he was closer to her. It was then that she got a small chill. She looked up her eyes meeting with Blaise's.



“Are you all right Cry-“ he was cut off as his eyes rolled back and he slumped forward his body hitting the ground with a dull thump.



Crystal gasped and knelt down by his side, she placed a hand on his chest, he was still breathing, and he was alive. She jumped up and looked around her gaze shifting from one place to another.



“Behind you!” came a sudden shout.



She whirled around her breath caught in her throat. She stood there motionless her body frozen in place. She hit the ground as a body collided with her side. A flash of green cut through the area where her head had been moments ago. It was followed by a loud pop.



“Are you all right?” asked the person on top of her.



She turned her head to look into the eyes of the person who had tackled her, the gray eyes seemed to be filled with worry, and was that? No it couldn't be love not in his eyes at least.



“Yeah” she said brushing some hair from her face. “err thanks I guess you saved my life”



Draco licked his dry lips. He had finally gotten some time away from Pansy and went outside. He saw as Blaise hit the ground. His guard went up, the only thing that mattered was that Crystal was safe. The quickness of his reaction surprised even him.



“No worries” he said now scrambling to get up” he brushed the dirt off of him as he tried to regain his composure his heart was racing, he was glad it was dark he felt flushed and he was sure that if the courtyard was any brighter then it was right now, so many things would change in an instant. “But now you owe me” he said his voice returning to it's normal iciness.



Crystal furrowed her brow. “I owe you nothing!” She snapped. “It was your own choice to save me!” she replied her voice equally as icy.



Blaise let out a low groan from the ground. And Crystal gasped. She knelt back down next to him. She cradled his head in her arms for a moment as Draco stood by. “Help me get him back to the dorm,” she said not looking at Draco. She stood and struggled to lift Blaise up. She gave a small grunt. “I could use some help you know” she snarled.



“What do I get for helping you this time? The first time I just got snapped at, why should I help you now?” asked Draco crossing his arms and looking at Crystal struggle.



Crystal looked up at Draco “You get me” she paused for a moment shifting her weight.



“I don't want you, you filthy-“



“You get me not beating you to death for not helping me” finished Crystal cutting him off.



Draco rolled his eyes as if you could, but I guess I will help, I a ma gentleman after all.” He gave a snap of his fingers and Crabbe and Goyal appeared. “Take Mister Zambine to his room” said Draco with a smirk.



Crabbe grabbed Blaise's body away from Crystal, the sudden lifting of the weight threw her off balance and she stumbled slightly. She steadied herself and straightened her dress. “thank you” she huffed as she turned on her heel and stalked off.



“Ungrateful for my help” Draco muttered. “What do you even see in her Draco” he questioned himself, “She obviously sees nothing in you” he continued talking to himself as he walked back to the door his feet walking the path with out him knowing.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dominikki13 on March 28, 2006, 5:09:38 AM

Dominikki13 on
Dominikki13ok im confused. you had crystal and roger going out, and yet crystal and blaise went to tha halloween dance. What the freak is going on???