Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - 'them'?

Piper? A girl whose lived all over, with a famous father. She now goes to Hogwarts....4th year Ravenclaw. Will the famous three become four?

Chapter 4 - 'them'?

Chapter 4 - 'them'?


“Them?” Hermione said pushing the cat from her lap. “What do you mean `them'?”

“My.....my....uhhh...fughmuhy....”

“Your what?” Ron said cautiously sitting on her bed.

“My family....” she barely whispered.

Harry crossed to Piper and put his hand gently on the jewelry box. “Can we...can we see them?”

Piper set the box gently on her pillow. The others crowded around and stared as she lifted the latch. Then she opened the small box to reveal 4 shiny rings.

“Your family.....is a bunch of rings?” Ron muttered, staring at them.

“Not originally. See it was last year. I guess there were some wizards in Thailand that didn't like my dad. So while he was gone....they attacked our house. They came in and wrestled John...” she pulled out what looked like a class ring “to the ground and started choking him. Once he stopped breathing, one of the men took out his wand and turned him into a ring. Then they got Thomas...” a silvery twined ring was pulled out of the box. “Next they got my mom...” as she choked back tears, she picked up a graceful, elegant ring. “But when they got my little brother Harris....I couldn't stand it. I came out of my hiding place and in turn was almost choked to death. I clawed at one of the men's massive hands for nearly 5 minutes. Everything started to go black and I was losing the sense of sound when my father burst in and saved me.” Piper was now wiping tears from her face as she set each ring gently into the box.

Hermione finally spoke. “Piper...the night we...we met.....you were dreaming about that weren't you?” Piper nodded.

“Here...” Hermione said taking a piece of leather from Ron's pocket. “If you put the rings on this you'll never be without them.”

Piper smiled and slid the rings on to the string. Then she handed the leather to Harry and turned lifting her hair out of the way. He draped and fastened it around her neck. She turned to face them.

“How does it look?”

“Brilliant!” Ron said and the all laughed.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment