Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - burnt toast

Piper? A girl whose lived all over, with a famous father. She now goes to Hogwarts....4th year Ravenclaw. Will the famous three become four?

Chapter 5 - burnt toast

Chapter 5 - burnt toast


Piper came down to breakfast the next morning; the necklace bouncing underneath her robes. She patted them softly. When she entered the Great Hall, Hermione began to wave. Piper stole a look at the Ravenclaw table. `Why sit there when you can sit with real friends?' She thought to herself. So instead she trotted over to the Gryffindor table.

“Morning Harry!” she said flinging her arms around his neck.

“Morning” he said unwrapping her arms.

“Hiya Ron!” she said as she plopped down on the seat across from him.

“`Ello” He said with a mouthful of bacon. At that moment, the morning post came fluttering in. An old barn owl came swooping down at their spot on the table. It landed on the edge of Hermione's plate, sending food everywhere. Piper caught a piece of burnt toast and began scraping the black part off with Harry's knife. Hermione paid the owl and opened the copy of the Daily Prophet. For ten minutes the only activity from the group was Piper gnawing on the toast, Ron munching on bacon, Harry shoveling his eggs back and forth, and Hermione steadily turning the pages of the paper.

“Nothing good!” she said, laying the paper on the table. “Oh wait! There's something here about Sirius!” Harry wrenched the paper from Hermione.

Piper lifted her head and turned toward the others in shock. “Black? Sirius Black? Is he ok?! They haven't caught him have they?!”

The other 3 just stared at her. She flushed and went back to nibbling on the toast.

Harry looked at Piper for another minute, and then turned to Hermione. “Library?” he mouthed and she nodded. Hermione stood up and Ron followed. Harry grabbed Piper's sleeve and pulled her from the bench.

“My toast!” she said as it slipped from her hand and hit the table.

“Forget the toast!” he whispered loudly. She pulled her arm away from him and made a `Hmph' noise while crossing her arms.

“You can insult me all you want but when you insult toast you-“ she turned to him but he was already halfway down the corridor. “HEY! WAIT FOR MEEEE!” she called chasing after him.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Eoara on November 6, 2005, 12:46:41 AM

Eoara on
Eoarahehehe this is also really great!! hope you plan to write more soon!!!

PirateSohma on October 2, 2005, 3:57:34 AM

PirateSohma on
PirateSohmaYES! TOAST WILL RULE THE WORLD!!

I like this chappie..:D

redheadblusher on September 26, 2005, 10:21:28 AM

redheadblusher on
redheadblusheridk why i called this ch burnt toast but it seemed to fit
Piper: b/c toast will one day rule the world!!
ok.......