Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - someone will pay

Piper? A girl whose lived all over, with a famous father. She now goes to Hogwarts....4th year Ravenclaw. Will the famous three become four?

Chapter 9 - someone will pay

Chapter 9 - someone will pay


“Haaaarry! We've looked everywhere!” Piper whined. “And I'm sllleeeeeeepy!”

Harry rolled his eyes and began flipping through books. They had spent the whole day retracing Piper's steps and they still didn't have a clue as to where the necklace would be. They searched the dormitories, the corridors, the classrooms and now, after an unpleasant run-in with Snape, were searching the library.

“Maybe someone picked it up?”

“Well that's just great! I'll just trot up to the Lost & Found and say `Excuse me…but do you have a necklace with rings on it? I seemed to have misplaced it. Oh what is its significance? It's my damn family!' You know how many looks I'd get?”

“Just trying to help” Harry mumbled.

“Oh, I'm sorry Harry! I just-ugh!” and she fell backward on the ground.

“I know. So, you sure these are the only books you looked at?” He turned and starred into a pair of dark eyes. “How is this helping?”

“Merow?” Piper mewed, stretching.

“You are just so….you never focus…” He said scratching behind her ear. Her lip curled and she lay down.

“Piper! We don't have time for this!”

She growled and put a heavy paw on his head.

“Hey!” Harry said knocking her head to the side.

She growled and pushed him over. Soon it had turned into a sort of game. They tackled each other and laughed for nearly half an hour. Finally Piper backed Harry into a corner; his back to the wall. She stepped closer; her snout close to his face; and then she transformed. It was not until she was in her human form that she realized how close they were. Immediately she felt her cheeks burn and the awkwardness of the situation took over. She jumped to her feet and ran a hand through her hair.

“I think…I'm gonna…go to bed.”

“Yeah. We'll keep looking in the morning.” He said as he knelt down to put away the books. Piper gave a wave of her hand and left the library.



She walked down the hall, embarrassment consuming her thoughts. They had been so close, their noses were practically touching! It was close enough for two people who felt strongly about each other to kiss; but that was not a feeling shared here. Piper's mind raced on and was only stopped by the sound of footsteps before her. Before she gave it any thought she was close to the ground, her black body unseen in the dark.

“So. How much do you think you can get for them?”

“Don't know. A fair amount I'm sure.” A voice drawled. Piper recognized it to be Malfoy's. Her body tensed.

“How'd you acquire them Draco?” a female voice inquired.

“Well, a lovely character was so eager to please me she just…let me take them.” Now the group turned the corner and Piper could see Malfoy's blonde hair. On his lips lay a devious smirk.

“Draco? Could I have one? As a gift from you?” the girl asked.

“No!” he yelled as they faded out of sight.

“But you'll still have three!” she whined.

Piper was about to emerge from her hiding spot and head off to her dormitory when her memory caught up to her.

“Calm down Caudwell! I just wanted to see your necklace. These look expensive-“



“His interest in them was curious. And…” Piper's mind went into overdrive. There had to have been a point when he could have taken them. “THE HUG!” she knew there had been something strange about it. She closed her eyes and saw it before her. As Malfoy had `hugged' her he unclasped the necklace and took it in his hand! And now he was planning on selling them! Piper's anger and frustration boiled over and she found herself tearing down the corridor.
The padding on her paws kept her silent as she pushed against the floor. Soon, the blonde hair came into sight, and a burst of energy surged through her. She skidded to a stop just behind the trio. The fur on her neck stood up and she let out a fierce growl. Slowly and silently Malfoy and the others turned to face the large black cat. Piper began to shift her body, her claws unsettling the ground; she readied herself and stared Malfoy in the eye.

A moment later the corridor filled with screams as Piper and Malfoy crashed to the floor. She dug her claws into his flesh, just below his collarbone. His screams echoed in her ears, giving her the pleasure she wanted. She then searched him; his neck, his hands, his pockets, but she couldn't find the necklace anywhere. She growled and stared at him once more. Malfoy stared into the cats cold, dank eyes. He saw something flash in them, and a rush of fear and panic flooded over him as she moved for his neck. He screamed louder, watching his `friends' retreat.

Piper placed her mouth around his neck, her teeth grazing the skin. Just as she was about to bite down, something yanked at her middle. She whipped around and bit at the arm trying to move her.


“Ow!” Piper stopped and looked at the blood dripping from Harry's arm. Immediately she forgot Malfoy and turned her attention to Harry. She stepped forward, attempting to apologize, but Harry only took a step back. He stared at her disbelievingly. His green eyes were not filled with there usual shimmer she had grown accustomed to, but more of a hurt, afraid look.

Piper didn't know what to do. He was afraid of her, and angry no doubt. With tears brimming in her eyes, she raced down the closest corridor.

“WAIT!” Harry called taking a step forward.

“Nearly killed me! Bloody killed me!” Malfoy was muttering.

Harry yanked him up by his shirt. “Get out of here.” He said in a deep growl. He dropped Malfoy who quickly crawled to his feet and fled.

“Wait! Piper?!” and Harry flew down the corridor after Piper, his arm still dripping blood, but that wasn't noticed.







Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KometsVolleyball14 on July 16, 2006, 1:51:13 AM

KometsVolleyball14 on
KometsVolleyball14oh my god!
this is so freakin great!
WRITE MORE! WRITE MORE!
Â