Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Valentine's Day

I've wanted to do something like this for quite a long time! These are just some small Naruto stories that I've made up (will make up). Support is loved and adored! Please read and enjoy!

Chapter 1 - Valentine's Day

Chapter 1 - Valentine's Day
This is somewhat of a tribute to the song “Valentine’s Day” by Linkin Park. Go have a listen and you might know what I’m talking about when I call this a tribute.


Lee sat on a wooden chair just by his hospital bed and stared out of the open window of his hospital room. It was Valentine’s Day. True, the visit of his favorite teacher, Gai-sensei, had cheered him up, but now that he had left, Lee realized just how very alone he was. He sighed and tossed a misshaped piece of pink paper onto his pillow; his gift to Sakura-chan.

Somehow he had wished Sakura-chan would visit him so much that he was able to convince himself that she’d promised to. Realizing his mistake, he was forced to admit that she was probably kissing up to Sasuke.

Sasuke; he clenched his bandaged fists, remembering how fond Sakura-chan was for Sasuke. Why couldn’t he be like Sasuke? Why could Sakura love him? What was it that made Sasuke so popular, loved, and adored when it came to girls. Gai-sensei had always told him that his outfit was “cool”, but never promised it would attract girls. Sakura was living proof that it didn’t as she used to insult his ninja uniform, until he pathetically rescued her in the Forest of Death.

Suddenly, the door behind him opened, “Lee?” a girl’s voice said.

Lee was filled with the optimistic thought that it was Sakura calling his name and quickly turned to face her, rising in the process by leaning against the chair. His crutches laying up against the wall by his bed.
 


“Here’s your lunch! Happy Valentine’s Day!”

“Thank you,” he said quietly; it was the nurse that smiled too much.

Lee’s heart sank as he watched the nurse place his tray on the bed. It wasn’t Sakura…of course it wasn’t Sakura! She wasn’t coming! Why did he continue to think she was coming even though he knew the last thing she’d want to do is visit “weirdo Lee” at the hospital on a major Sasuke-loving holiday? It was Valentine’s Day for Pete’s sake! The whole holiday practically screamed Sasuke!!

Lee was suddenly very angry at Sasuke and was most tempted to jump out his window and track him down, just so he could punch him after the nurse had gone. He maneuvered himself over to his bed, sat down, and began eating, trying his best not to think about Sasuke or his sweet Sakura-chan and what they might be doing at this very moment.



Sakura clutched the small bouquet of roses and gulped, watching Sasuke as he leaned over the side of the bridge’s railing, staring into the sunlit water below at his fabulous reflection. There he was. Now, all she needed to do was give him the roses and ask him…just…ask him.

“Hey Sakura!” a voice sounded from right behind her, making her jump and almost drop the bouquet.

“Ino!” Sakura sneered, turning to face the laughing blond.

“So, what might you be doing this fine Valentine’s Day?” she asked sarcastically, eyeing her roses and Sasuke with a sinister smile.

“Mind your own business, pig!” Sakura snapped, though secretly dreading what Ino might do next.

“Oh, my, billboard brow, you seem to think Sasuke would want to date someone whose forehead is big enough to live on,” she shrugged and shook her head, “You just don’t get it, do you?”

Sakura opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by Ino, shoving her to the side and holding a large bouquet of an assortment of beautiful flowers.

“Let me show you how it’s done, billboard brow!”

Sakura, stricken with anger, threw a fist at the back of Ino’s head, but missed as she suddenly rushed forward to meet Sasuke. Sakura was forced to watch Ino in great anxiety, present the gorgeous bouquet to him. She always was extraordinary when it came to arranging flowers, but then, she did work in a flower shop.

“Hello, Sasuke-kun!” Ino said to Sasuke, who had not looked up from the water when she approached, “I have something for you!”

Sasuke merely shifted his eyes towards her, but did not turn his head nor say anything in return. Ino hooked her right arm around his and held the flowers up just a few inches away from his face.

“Will you be my Valentine?” she cooed, following with a well performed, “Pleeaase??” as her eyes grew wide and she gave a small puppy pout. Sakura found herself chewing on the nail of her index finger; Sasuke wouldn’t fall for that, would he? No! Of course not! …right?

“No,” Sasuke said coldly, pushing her to the side with the arm of which she’d been wrapped around.

“What?!” Ino cried, her mouth hanging open in a perfect ‘O’ shape. ‘Yes!!!!’ Sakura’s inner self screamed, ‘Of course he wouldn’t fall for a cheesy trick like that; not MY Sasuke!!! No, no!’

“Leave me alone,” he replied and looked back down at his reflection.

Ino stared, observing him for a moment before most likely coming up with a cheated reason why he had had to reject her glamour and turned on her heel back towards Sakura.

Ino kept her face as expressionless as possible as Sakura laughed so hard she had a few tears streaming down her face. “Is that how it’s done then?” she chortled.

Ino said nothing in return, but stalked away, the now-less beautiful looking flowers still in hand. Sakura snickered as she left and then thought it best to gain control once again so that she herself could go and ask Sasuke to be her Valentine. She had to be quick about it as well, because she also had another person to visit afterwards.

“Er, hi Sasuke,” she said, leaning towards him with the flowers hidden behind her back. Sasuke, just like with Ino, didn’t face her, but instead only shifted his eyes towards her.

“Hi, Sakura,” he said and looked back down. This made Sakura even more thankful to be on his team; when she said ‘hi’, he said ‘hi’ back.

“I, er,” Sakura was trying to choose her words carefully, not wanting to repeat what Ino had done,” Happy Valentine’s Day!” She held the flowers out in front of her, smiling, her face blushing a bit.

Sasuke turned to face her so he could have better look at what it was she was giving him, “No, thanks.”

Sakura was shattered, but knew she must go on. So he didn’t want the flowers, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t willing to be Sakura’s valentine, right? Maybe he was just allergic!

“Oh, okay,” Sakura said, cradling the roses, “Uhm…hey, Sasuke?”

“What?” Sasuke said, turning back to lean on the railing.

“I was wondering…would you..,” Sakura felt a leap of faith as she came to the final words, and leaned on the railing next to Sasuke, “be my Valentine?”

Sakura paused, watching Sasuke continue to stare into the water below, thinking over and over again in her head “yes, yes, yes, please say yes!!”

“No,” Sasuke said just as coldly as he had to Ino, “I just want to be alone right now, Sakura.”

Sakura bit her bottom lip, fighting back tears. She couldn’t cry! After all, Ino didn’t cry! If she cried, she will have truly lost to Ino!!

“Th-that’s alright,” Sakura said in an unusually high voice, pushing herself from the railing, “Bye, Sasuke…”

She began walking away, sparing one look over her shoulder to see Sasuke still staring fixedly at his reflection. She still loved him, but she had really wanted to be with Sasuke this Valentine’s day.

“At least Ino didn’t get him..,” Sakura thought to herself. ‘CHA! And if she did I would have beat her raw!!!’ her inner self thought savagely.

Sakura miserably looked down at her roses and threw them down on the ground, she was now in the middle of town just a few blocks away from her house and caught a few curious stares from the passing couples who were together on the sunny Valentine’s Day. She was going to be all alone with nobody to love and adore her. Nobody thought she was even close to beautiful!! Who was she kidding? She was the smartest and most unhelpful ninja, her forehead probably WAS big enough for someone to live one, and the one boy she loves called her annoying!! Thinking of this, she stalked home, hating herself immensely.

When she reached her door, her fingers had just wrapped around the knob when she suddenly remembered something. She was supposed to visit Lee! She suddenly felt incredibly ashamed of herself. There she was, thinking she was all alone in the world when she knew perfectly well that no one would want to see her more than Lee, who wasn’t even able to walk up to a girl and ask to be her Valentine. A few tears streamed down her cheeks as she remembered the vicious fight with Gaara, from the sand village. She didn’t attempt to stop these tears, figuring that she wasn’t crying over Sasuke.

She quickly turned around and darted back to the place where she’d thrown the roses down. She found them lying pathetically on the ground, right where she’d left them. Luckily, no one had stepped on them, but the throw had damaged them a bit. Sakura had every intention of going to buy a fresh bouquet of flowers, but knew that the flower shops, along with most of the shops, were closed for the holiday. Brushing off as much dirt as possible from the flowers, she jogged to the hospital



Lee sputtered after the jello reached his lips. If there was one thing that needed improving more than his luck with girls, it was most of the hospital food. Lee had already tasted most of his lunch and had only found the mashed potatoes and juice suitable to eat. He dumped the rest of his food into the trash can and tossed the tray onto his bedside table, where a nurse would pick it up when she brought in his dinner, which would hopefully have more edible food. Lee wasn’t usually one to be so picky when it came to food, but when the jello tastes like rotten tomatoes, you know something’s wrong.

He lifted himself up out of sitting position, using the bed for support, and started limping towards the window, where he planned to sit and stare a bit more until he got tired. Before he could sit down, however, he heard the door open behind him again.

“Lee,” a girls voice said hoarsely. This time, the thought that it might be Sakura had been emptied from his mind.

“I left the tray over there,” he said, pointing to over the table and only turning partially around.

“Lee, it’s me.”

Lee turned the rest of the way around and found Sakura standing there with the door open and a nurse standing behind her.

“Visitor, Lee!” the nurse said cheerfully and bustled in to grab his tray and leave.

“Sakura!” Lee said in surprise, unaware of how excited he sounded.

“Hi, Lee,” Sakura said smiling while the nurse closed the door behind her with the lunch tray.

“Wh- What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Oh, I just…thought I’d drop by and wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day,” as she said this, Lee noticed Sakura’s eyes were slightly pink, as if she’d been crying.

“Sakura, have you been crying? Are you okay?” he asked absent mindedly, stepping towards her, but unable to get far since he would fall over if he lost hold of something to lean on.


Sakura thought a moment, wondering if she should tell Lee the truth, “Yes…a little,” she quickly added, “but I’m okay now,” when she saw the terribly concerned look on Lee’s face.

“Oh, good,” Lee said nodding and then noticed she was holding something behind her back, but only smiled smugly, thinking of what it might be.

“I’ve got something for you,” Sakura said quietly, stepping forward and holding up a rather beat up bouquet of roses. However, Lee paying no attention to their quality, but only found himself wanting to cry at the sight of a gift from Sakura-chan.

“Thank you!!” he breathed, admiring the roses in Sakura’s arms, as he could not grasp them like he wished he could. He wished even more that he could grasp Sakura in a loving embrace. He felt like it was his fault he couldn’t hug Sakura-chan in her obvious time of need.

“No problem,” said Sakura, giving a small, delicate smile, and began placing the flowers in a large empty vase that had been set there by a nurse, saying that if a girl brought flowers by on Valentine’s Day he’d have to have a place to put them. Lee was glad the nurse had done this; otherwise she’d have to leave the room to find one. The small, yet magnificent, to Lee, display of roses sat by a smaller vase with a single daffodil. Lee smiled, imagining the anonymous person who continued to leave a daffodil by his bedside to be Sakura-chan, though he truly thought it to be nothing more than a fantasy.

Lee watched Sakura’s beautiful body as it leaned across his small hospital bed, placing each rose in the perfect spot with her nimble and lovely fingers. When she rose, Lee had a smile on his face.

Sakura laughed a small bit, but Lee could hear a tiny amount of crying in them, “You look so happy to see me!”

“I am always happy to see you, Sakura-chan,” Lee said honestly, beaming.

“Oh,” Sakura said, blushing. Then, Sakura did something that suddenly made Lee very nervous. She broke into quiet sobs, looking down at he feet.

“S-Sakura, please don’t cry! I-I am sorry! I-I am very sorry!” Lee said hastily, wishing he knew what he’d said that made her cry.

Sakura only shook her head and looked up at him, her tears beginning to dry, “Lee, you’re so nice.” Lee wished he could wipe the tears from her cheek, but could not. His smile disappeared when Sakura did, yet, another unexpected thing.

She stepped forward and, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying herself in his shoulder and neck said, “Don’t ever change, Lee. Don’t you ever change. Always be yourself.”

Lee was touched, but at the same time frustrated. His one arm that was holding him up shook ominously that he should collapse with the extra weight, but Lee was determined that if he could not return Sakura’s loving embrace, he could at least keep the two of them from crashing to the floor. He found his emotional side getting the best of him, causing tears of his own to roll down his violently blushing cheeks.

“I promise, Sakura.”

As he said this, Sakura withdrew from her hug, laughing weakly and wiping the tears from her eyes. “Well, Lee,” Sakura said, “I really do hope you have a nice Valentine’s Day. G-get well soon.”

“I hope you have a nice Valentine’s Day, too, Sakura-chan!” Lee said through his small and happy sobs.

“Bye,” Sakura said and stood on her toes to plant a small kiss on his cheek. Lee found himself unable to say “Goodbye” in return as she shut the door behind her, but found himself rooted to the spot for several seconds before sliding to the floor and slowly moving his good hand up to his kissed cheek. It almost seemed warmer than usual.

He would have to tell Gai-sensei of his success!! He thought about how to tell him for a while before fixedly changing his mind. No, he wasn’t going to tell Gai. He wasn’t going to tell anyone. This was his special Valentine’s Day for only him and Sakura. Lee was sure that not even Sasuke could have had a better Valentine’s Day.




Sasuke stared down at his reflection, still thinking about his brother, Itachi, and his dead mother and father. He did this almost every holiday, reminiscing in his old memories of holidays long since past. Suddenly, he heard familiar footsteps approaching; Naruto.

“Still dateless,” Naruto sighed in a teasing manner. Sasuke looked up to see a blond girl in revealing, tight, red and pink clothes with her hair in two long pig tails.

“At least I’m not so desperate I have to date my own clone,” Sasuke said unenthusiastically, slightly smirking.

Naruto, aware that he’d been caught, proceeded to stick his tongue out, pull a small egg out of his pocket, chuck it at Sasuke, and run, his “date following close behind. Sasuke, narrowly missing it, took off after him, determined to make his Valentine’s Day a little brighter.



Is it cheesy? I don't know...comments please... -_-'

Comments

Comments (16)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kagome99 on May 12, 2008, 5:20:59 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99OH...
WOW!!!
That is REALLY good!!!!
FAVES!!!

rlkitten on June 26, 2008, 12:15:05 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenyup yup

winxgirl21 on March 14, 2008, 11:58:13 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21That was really, really good! I like how you put their different perspectives in different colors. I also really like how Lee doesn't want to tell Gai-sensei about what happened. He wants it to be just for him and Sakura to know. That's so cute! =)

kogalover2013 on March 7, 2008, 8:30:17 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013awsome fic lol luv dat naruto part
 

rlkitten on March 7, 2008, 11:04:12 AM

rlkitten on
rlkitten^^ Thank you!

nextguardian on March 4, 2008, 12:48:24 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianlol, that's awesome, and really well written! The part with Naruto was hilarious, for the record!

rlkitten on March 5, 2008, 11:21:19 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenHeh ^^ Thanks. I just couldn't resist adding the last part. The idea popped into my head and I just couldn't ignore it. I didn't want to leave Sasuke hangin out by the bridge all day, either xD

Axel4eva on March 3, 2008, 2:24:55 PM

Axel4eva on
Comment Deleted

SadisticPrincess on February 24, 2008, 11:33:47 AM

SadisticPrincess on
SadisticPrincessWow colorful but nice

rlkitten on February 25, 2008, 9:49:21 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenthank you ^^

SadisticPrincess on March 3, 2008, 10:34:42 AM

SadisticPrincess on
SadisticPrincessYou're welcome

hflp on February 14, 2008, 2:54:55 AM

hflp on
hflpThat was good.

rlkitten on February 14, 2008, 12:22:42 PM

rlkitten on
rlkittenThanks!

SunaNoFara on February 14, 2008, 8:43:40 AM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraCheesy, and da red is burning mah eyes worse than the pink!! DX
But then again, I think most romances are cheesy, even a superbly well-written one. XD
 
It was okay. Needs improvement, but it's not totally horrible (like some people's stuff) Use some more pronouns--it goes both ways. Don't use too many, but it's like the School House Rock song about pronouns. "Saying all those nouns, over and over can really wear you down!"
 
Lol, that's a funny song.
 
Anyways, good job. ^^
 
P.S. Stop giving me inspiration...-_-'

rlkitten on February 14, 2008, 12:22:24 PM

rlkitten on
rlkittenWell, now- I didn't think it was THAT cheesy...and what do you mean pronouns? I thought I used them just fine. Examples of where I over used, please /\_/\'
 
And I'm sure there are a couple typos, but that was just because I didn't have time to proof read. It was almost 11, when I lost Internet, and I had to submit it real quick right after I finished. I didn't think it was too horrible, despite the "slight" Lee Saku pairing, which it isn't really if you think about it.
 
I loved the ending...I thought it up last minute XD