Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Naruto's Day Off 1

I've wanted to do something like this for quite a long time! These are just some small Naruto stories that I've made up (will make up). Support is loved and adored! Please read and enjoy!

Chapter 2 - Naruto's Day Off 1

Chapter 2 - Naruto's Day Off 1
Alright!! >,< Tis finally done! I just made this up as I went along, and then cleaned it up with much help (Thx SunaNoFara). So, I hope you like it. There are no specific couples portrayed or hinted about. It’s just supposed to be…a story. No love story, okay?    
 
 
 
“He’s late AGAIN!!” Sakura screamed slamming her fists down on the railing of the bridge the group was standing on. 
 
“Why don’t we just come late so we don’t have wait around aimlessly all the time,” mumbled Sasuke, leaning up against it. 
 
“We already tried that!” said Sakura shaking her head, “He somehow found out,” she gave Naruto, who was sitting with his arms folded and nodding with his eyes closed, “and then made us do some really exhausting drill.”  
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes. “It wasn’t that bad,” he said quietly.
 
 “Oh, yeah!” said Sakura, instantly agreeing with Sasuke, “I mean, it may have been hard for some of us! Not me, though!” 
 
“Like Naruto, for instance,” Sasuke taunted, glancing at him. “What?!” Naruto cried in protest, standing up. 
 
“What do you mean ‘What’?” Sakura pointed an accusing finger at Naruto. “You collapsed at least 22 times!” 
 
“Look who’s counting,” Naruto murmured under his breath, sinking back down with his arms crossed again. 
 
“Excuse Me?!” Sakura flared, fully prepared to sock Naruto in the face. “Last time I checked, you-“ 
 
“Good Morning!”  
 
The three looked up to see Kakashi balancing with ease on the large archway that was high above the bridge the thirteen year olds were standing on. 
 
“YOU’RE LATE!!!” Naruto and Sakura roared, like so many times before. 
 
“My apologies,” Kakashi said, looking a bit embarrassed, but nowhere close to sorry, “ I got-“ 
 
“Wait, wait, wait,” Sakura said flatly, “let me guess....” 
 
“Oh, okay,” Kakashi said haughtily, “but I doubt you’ll ever figure it out.” 
 
“’Lost on the path of life’,” Sakura mocked in a fairly off version of their sensei’s voice. 
 
“WRONG!” Kakashi boomed, ignoring his paranoid students as they all rolled their eyes, “I was lost on the road of life today.”  
 
“Same difference,” Naruto said, his eyebrow twitching, “What are we even doing today?” 
 
“We are doing…NOTHING!” said Kakashi gleefully, leaping down from the arch way. 
 
“WHAT?!” they all shouted in alarm. 
 
“I said ‘We are doing (dot) (dot) (dot) NOTHING!’” Kakashi repeated and began searching his vest pocket for something. 
 
“What do you mean ‘nothing’” Sakura pleaded while Kakashi pulled out a copy of Icha Icha Paradise.'' 
 
“I mean,” Kakashi droned, “that for today’s practice, we’ll be doing nothing.” 
 
Sakura was growing tired of Kakashi playing these games, like he always did. She wanted to get whatever it was they were doing, if anything, over with so she could try and either spend more time with Sasuke or prove how great a ninja she was. “Be more specific!!!” she yelled at him. 
 
“We aren’t doing anything today,” Kakashi shrugged.
 
There was silence as the groups anger arose, finally, Sasuke decided to calmly assess the apparently set-on-driving-them-insane sensei. 
 
“Really,” Sasuke said seriously, “what are we doing today?” 
 
Kakashi decided to tell them, seeing it a good time to end his fun with the students,  “Today, I don’t want you using any ninja skills whatsoever, no matter what.” 
 
“Huh?!” Naruto jumped up in alarm, “No ninja skills?!” 
 
“That’s right, Naruto,” Kakashi sighed, aware that Naruto would be the one to cause problems, “No ninja skills.” 
 
“Okay, that’s not so bad,” Sakura shrugged, taking it much better than her teammates, “No jutsu right? Easy!” 
 
“No,” Kakashi warned, “No ninja skills, anything you learned while at the Ninja Academy is banned until I say the exercise is over.” He could faintly hear Sasuke saying ‘What ‘exercise’?’ under his breath. 
 
“No jumping on buildings?” Naruto questioned. 
 
“Nope.” 
 
“No walking on water?” 
 
“Nada.” 
 
“No running up trees?” 
 
“No.” 
 
“No Shadow Clones?”
 
“No,” Naruto let out a dramatic gasp, “sexy jutsu?” 
 
“Absolutely not,” Kakashi said firmly. 
 
“So what exactly is the point of this lesson, Kakashi?” asked Sasuke reluctantly, irritated that he wouldn’t be able to train the rest of the day. 
 
“As ninjas, we must know about anything and everything from all and no perceptions. We are obliged to know how others who do not have the marvelous abilities like we do are capable of to carry on. So, in turn, we will be studying this by withholding our own awe-inspiring abilities to figure this out. If ever you were somehow entirely out of chakra and your stamina was too low to use even any taijutsu, you’d need to know how to survive.” 
 
Naruto only nodded, as usual, having no idea what he was talking about. 
 
“So, in other words, we’re trying to figure out what it’s like to…not be a ninja?” Sakura said, making Naruto grateful for the quick, easy, and ‘big wordless’ summary. 
 
“That’s correct,” her sensei approved. 
 
“That’s stupid!” Naruto complained, “We’re not not ninjas!!” 
 
“Shut up, Naruto,” Sasuke moaned, glaring at him, “This is practice in case we should ever somehow lose our ability to ninja.” 
 
“You’re the one who needs to shut up!!” Naruto argued, firing up at once,”You always think you know everything!!” 
 
“Actually,” Kakashi piped in, “he is right. And Naruto, for someone who knows nothing, I wouldn’t be talking.”  
 
Naruto opened his mouth to complain more, but was cut short by Sakura, “Can we please move on?” 
 
“Oh, right,” Kakashi said hesitantly, “Anyway, this is supposed to be taken seriously and I do have people around the Village to watch you and make sure you don’t break the rules. If you use any ninja skills, I’ll know and you’ll be sorry.” 
 
“Why?” Naruto chimed, one of his favorite and most irritable words.  
 
“You don’t want to know,” he said in a dark voice. 
 
Naruto found it a fine time to shut up after the way his sensei’s voice sounded so menacing. After only a few questions from Sakura and smirks from Sasuke, the group was finally able to leave. 
 
“Think of it as your ‘special day off’,” Kakashi said when he noticed Naruto looking rather glum. The credulous ninja found this idea quite uplifting and left in slightly higher spirits.  
 
Sakura attempted to hang around with Sasuke while Naruto tried to hang around Sakura, but after Sasuke told Sakura to beat it, Sakura did the same to Naruto, splitting the group up to do Kakashi’s challenge alone. 
 
The first thing Naruto wanted to do was try and find Iruka so he could butter him up to take him to Ichiraku. He was just about to walk in the direction of the Academy when he remembered that Iruka had class that day. He sighed and pulled out his frog-shaped wallet, hoping he had enough money for the colossal amount of ramen he knew he’d eat. 
 
“Ah MAN!!!” Naruto groaned, turning his wallet upside down and shaking it. How was he supposed to do nothing on an empty stomach? 
 
Just then, he spotted someone he knew would have money for ramen. He was walking lazily with his hands casually put in his pockets and coming out of Yakiniku Q, the barbeque restaurant. 
 
“Hey!! Shikamaru!” Naruto called happily. 
 
“What now, Naruto?” Shikamaru said, looking annoyed. 
 
“You wanna go to Ichiraku with me?” 
 
Shikamaru hesitated momentarily before murmuring, “How stupid do you think I am, loser? We’ll go to Ichiraku, you’ll eat tons of food, and then split before I’m done so I have to pay the bill. No way, Naruto, I’m not falling for that. Besides, I’ve had enough to eat anyway. I just got sick of watching Choiji scarf down about a whole farm. And he’s still eating, too.” 
 
“Oh,” he said in disappointment, but found no reason why he should linger and chat with Shikamaru after he’d been completely figured out, “Well…bye.” 
 
I’ll just have to find somebody a little less smarter to buy me ramen, he thought, running to go find the one person he felt sure he could manipulate to buy it for him.  

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

winxgirl21 on March 15, 2008, 12:02:54 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21lol, I can't wait to see who naruto thinks he can outsmart. XD Great chapter! =)

kogalover2013 on March 7, 2008, 8:41:12 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013lol good assignment
 

rlkitten on March 7, 2008, 11:04:34 AM

rlkitten on
rlkitten/\_/\

Axel4eva on March 3, 2008, 2:33:23 PM

Axel4eva on
Comment Deleted

rlkitten on March 5, 2008, 11:29:49 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenlol, I'm so glad you liked it!!

nextguardian on March 4, 2008, 1:16:31 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianLol, great stuff! Naruto is priceless here!

rlkitten on March 5, 2008, 11:22:30 AM

rlkitten on
rlkitten/\_/\

SunaNoFara on February 26, 2008, 12:19:05 PM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFara"Under construction"...*rolls eyes*

rlkitten on February 26, 2008, 12:47:40 PM

rlkitten on
rlkittenWhatever~ *rolls eyes also

hflp on February 24, 2008, 4:38:30 AM

hflp on
hflplol. Can't wait for part 2.

rlkitten on February 25, 2008, 9:48:13 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenI'm glad you liked it! I'm really sorry about the way it's all jumbled up. I submitted it and still actually need to fix it. I have some rewording to do, too.